Message 11 of 35 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Re: The Last Of Us Post Pandemic Edition

Jan 23, 2013

fadi002 wrote:

$100 for just a statue? No thanks.

Don't forget that sticker sheet, and the Surviro Pack most of us already get since we all pre-ordered.:smileywink:

Last Of Us GOTY
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 35 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Jan 23, 2013

OMG THATS A GREAT DEAL! WHERE DO I SIGN UP TO GET THIS? /s

$100 for basically the statue and steel book? wth? Ain't getting that for sure. THat's a $100 I could put towards a PS4 or something else better than a statue. If they include the art book and a season pass (I feel this game will have that, just not announced yet) then i MIGHT consider getting this edition, but just for a figure? heck no. Not too long ago I got a Batman: AC ce for $30 and skyrim ce for $60. I'll just take the risk and wait a little more. If it sold out before it gets cheap  its cool, at least i get to keep that extra money :smileyhappy:

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 35 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2455 posts

Jan 23, 2013

fadi002 wrote:

$100 for just a statue? No thanks.

My thoughts exactly. It'd be different if the edition included the art book and the ps3 and controller skins. But for now I'm leaning on getting the Survival Edition

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 35 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2591 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I think I'll just stick with a reg. preorder from Amazon if I do preorder; the soundtrack is all I need.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 35 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Switched my preorder on over to this. Really wish it was $20 less but I'm way too stoked for this game! Wish it came with the book as well. The game is going to sell, feels just a little stingy on their end. Have a special shelf just for this statue to stare at when the game loads. Lol.

PS3, PS4, Vita, And xBone
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 35 (378 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jan 23, 2013

What I don't understand is how people are complaining it's overpriced. What is everyone? 10 year old kids with no jobs? The game is not out for 4 more months. That's plenty of time to earn $160. I will get it and I don't care if it lacks an artbook, I'm more interested in having a very limited edition of the game. Odds are I will want to sell it on Ebay new and unopened for more than $160. If I decide to keep it then I will display the statue next to my Soap (MW2), Mortal Kombat Scorpion & Sub-Zero (bookends), MW2 Night Vision Googles, and all my other statues in my display case. I like to display items from different collectors editions in it. But I'm still gonna hold off from preordering it already until I see more footage on the infected. They are the main reason I want TLOU anyways. lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 35 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Jan 23, 2013

But what we're complaining about is that if you count from the original price of the Survivor Edition, it's about an extra eighty dollars.

Now I'm getting the Post-Pandemic Edition; but it's an extra 80-90 dollars for the statue, sticker sheet, and Survival Pack.

The statue seems like a 40-50 dollar statue stand-alone. The DLC seems like it would be five dollars maximum. So we're paying 35-45 dollars for a sticker sheet. I'm not sure about the other guys but if the art-book is included then I will leap to the opportunity to buy this edition.

In most exclusive editions you'll pay around 80-90 dollars. But then there's upgraded editions, the next exclusive edition would be around 125-160. That edition would include most of the time, all of the things you get from the 80-90 dollar editions. Then there's the deluxe exclusive edition that's about 200 dollars+. That deluxe edition usually consists of everything from the other editions plus some.

I don't care if NaughtyDog (or SCEA if you want to be exact) makes it 200 dollars for the past things, but it should still be 159.99 for everything in the Post-Pandemic Edition and plus the hardback-cover art-book.

Last Of Us GOTY
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 35 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I'm going tonight to switch my pre order. I was just there too darn it!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 35 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Jan 24, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

What I don't understand is how people are complaining it's overpriced. What is everyone? 10 year old kids with no jobs? The game is not out for 4 more months. That's plenty of time to earn $160. I will get it and I don't care if it lacks an artbook, I'm more interested in having a very limited edition of the game. Odds are I will want to sell it on Ebay new and unopened for more than $160. If I decide to keep it then I will display the statue next to my Soap (MW2), Mortal Kombat Scorpion & Sub-Zero (bookends), MW2 Night Vision Googles, and all my other statues in my display case. I like to display items from different collectors editions in it. But I'm still gonna hold off from preordering it already until I see more footage on the infected. They are the main reason I want TLOU anyways. lol

It's not that were 10 yr old kids with no jobs. Its just we think its not worth it. Think about this, They added the statue(cool), jacked up the price by $80 more than the SE (idk if that thing is worth $80 more), if that extra 80 bucks ain't bad enough they  decided not to include the artbook too. If I want the top tier CE I expect it to have the items the cheaper CE's have and more. But hey to each to his own.

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 35 (307 Views)
0 Likes