Jun 24 2013
By: twin2012 First Son 11 posts

The Last Of Us: The best characters and story of any game, ever.

[ Edited ]
37 replies 590 views Edited Jun 24, 2013

I haven't even played this game, due to my lack of a PS3, but when I started watching FRANKIEonPCin1080p's walkthrough videos, I truly fell in love with the game, characters and overall universe. I never thought I'd admit this, but this game has a better story than Halo. 

I've read a lot of comments regaurding people's thought on a sequel, there are those who don't want one, and others who want new characters, but overall I think it's safe to say that the majority want Joel, Ellie, and a few of the other characters to return. They have to return. 

Don't do a spin-off, don't kill off anyone, just bring the Last Of Us back with new locations to discover, possibly the west coast such as San Fransico and L.A. Could you imagine walking across the golden gate bridge with a massive pile up of cars? Think about what that place was like when the infection first broke out. 

I don't want new characters, you guys have a done an amazing job with Joel and Ellie, and pretty much all of the characters in The Last Of Us. I would live in this game if I could, and I havn't even gotten to play it yet! No other game has ever come close to dragging me in like that. Please bring them back in a sequel, and continue their story for many years to come. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 38 (590 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Re: The Last Of Us: The best characters and story of any game, ever.

Jun 24, 2013

The characters and story are really mediocre though. The problem is that you nooblet mainstreamers praise the newest hyped thing and forget about it a week later once something newer comes out. You guys did it with Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and it will happen with this. It's called 'Reverse-Nostalgia', a term I coined. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 38 (581 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Um...K. You clearly have no idea what your talking about. Perhaps COD is more your style? A game developer myself, this game beats the **bleep** out of any game that I could or probably ever will make. The Last Of Us has the best characters and story of any game, ever, or movie, book for that matter. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 38 (576 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Jun 24, 2013
@neuropunk, coming from the guy who loves Mario.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 38 (574 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Actually Neuro, the characters and stories have been praised by a lot of people.

Why should you alone make the decision that this game is terrible and everyone who plays it is inferior to you?

You who plays games that I would consider mediocre.

You got two sides of the gaming community:

Hardcore Gamers
Casual Gamers

You sir are a Casual Gamer. You want some quick-put-together game with little to no quality.

We are Hardcore Gamers. We prefer something that has taken years to create, with relatable characters and enjoyable story. And quite frankly, TLOU achieved that.
4. Mass Effect 2
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 38 (570 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
@neuropunk, coming from the guy who loves Mario.

Who doesn't love Mario?

Mario IS the mascot of gaming. Mario is probably the most widely recognized character in the entire world. So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 38 (558 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

@TJByrum

Well said. I love Halo, I've read the books, played the games and so on... but Halo simply can not match the characters in TLOU,  their stories are not only emotional, but they show in how the character talks and the decisions they make. There is nothing that comes close to TLOU. 

PLEASE make a sequel with Joel and Ellie as the main focuss... if not, focuss on Joel's brother, or perhaps Ellie as a kid. There are so many possibilities, but keep the original characters involved in a sequel somehow. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 38 (557 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

@neuropunk

You are an idiot. The most recognized doesn't mean the best. Story with Mario? Depth? Emotion? Are you **bleep** smoking crack?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 38 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jun 25, 2013

twin2012 wrote:

Um...K. You clearly have no idea what your talking about. Perhaps COD is more your style? A game developer myself, this game beats the **bleep** out of any game that I could or probably ever will make. The Last Of Us has the best characters and story of any game, ever, or movie, book for that matter. 

You're clearly delusional. Best story of any game or movie or book? Wow, dude, get a freaking grip. 

The characters say "**bleep**" (the f word) a lot, wow, those characters sure are good! Random 'f bombs', random, 'I hate this crap' and similar phrases. When she saves Joel's life he doesn't even say thanks or anything? What a load of BS. 

Like seriously, the writing and the characters are on the same level as The Walking Dead the TV show, and (hint), the show is not really that good. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 38 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jun 25, 2013

twin2012 wrote:

@neuropunk

You are an idiot. The most recognized doesn't mean the best. Story with Mario? Depth? Emotion? Are you **bleep** smoking crack?

Why would Mario need emotion or depth? Mario is a **bleep** video game, not a movie, you dolt!

Are you smoking crack? Why would you want story over gameplay in your games? You a crackhead or something? Is that why?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 38 (545 Views)
0 Likes