I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: The Last Of Us: The best characters and story of any game, ever.

Jun 25, 2013

neuropunk wrote:

The characters and story are really mediocre though. The problem is that you nooblet mainstreamers praise the newest hyped thing and forget about it a week later once something newer comes out. You guys did it with Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and it will happen with this. It's called 'Reverse-Nostalgia', a term I coined. 

I didn't praise Tomb Raider, other than saying it was a good game. Bioshock: Infinite was far from perfection, still a great game.

The Last of Us is one of the greatest games ever made, there will never be a greatest, because there are so many factors and such, but this can truly be considered one of the best games ever made. No other game would be relevant after E3 and all the drama and news that came from it. The Last of Us managed to still gain attention even when the next gen is all coming out in play.

There are other amazing titles that swept up the hearts of gamers everywhere. But this game, it's something special.

Message 21 of 38 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jun 25, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
@neuropunk, that's a horrible metaphor. Your "problem" if you can even call it that, is that the game is linear and all this other BS nonsense, yet you love Mario. That's the dumbest **bleep** thing I've ever heard. You say "the story sucks".

What the **bleep**, dude, Mario's story doesn't? How many times can you save Princess Peach? You're statements aren't even an argument, it's just pure stupidity.

Pardon my French fellow forumers.

Don't call me stupid if you think I love the NSMB series or the newest Mario games. I love Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros 3, SMB2, SMB, SMW, etc. 

I HATE NSMB AND THE GALAXIES AND THE 3D Land GAMES! GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK SKULL, TRULL!

Message 22 of 38 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Can someone ban Neuropunk already?

Mario+South Park...raging about mainstream games? Reminds me of my tween friends back when I was in high school....except it's even worse because it's 2013.
Message 23 of 38 (222 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Too bad there isn't an "Ignore everything this person posts" button. There would be two added to my list, and we all know who they are. Smiley Very Happy
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 24 of 38 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Nobody should ban nuero. He's just voicing his opinion. Sure, 99% of us disagree with him, but he deserves an ounce of decency, even if we think doesn't give a whole lot back. Let's try to stay friendly, okay? This is a video game board after all, so it's meant to be fun. Smiley Wink

To nuero:

Please don't overreact when people don't agree with you. This time, for example, you started off by calling someone who simply wanted to show how much appreciation he had for, in his opinion, an awesome game a "nooblet mainstreamer" and then wrote in general negativity. For everyone else to get off your back, you're going to need to try to be a bit nicer--like not insulting people who disagree with you. Just my two cents, bud. Smiley Happy

The thread was derailed quite a bit, so let's get back on track. I loved the game, too, twin2012. (Which would explain why I'm on this board.) Smiley Tongue. I really don't want to see a sequal with Joel and Ellie unless it were more of a passive experience. I kinda feel that their story is over, and even though it's Naughty Dog we're talking about, I wouldn't want them to change their character directions and end up making a sequal that can't live up to the first. They made an awesome game that I'm glad to have had the pleasure of playing, but nothing feels worse than watching your best friends die a horrible, slow death under the weight of the critics. For me, this is one of those games that I get a platinum on, stick on the shelf, and then pull out again to enjoy another great time with while I take a few weeks away from my PS4. 

Message 25 of 38 (208 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Your name is Friday! That's awesome! How did you get a name so plain? That's amazing!
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 26 of 38 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Haha, thanks. I camped out for a few days when the PS3 came out, so as soon as I got the console, I turned it on and created my account first thing.
Message 27 of 38 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 25, 2013

@Friday 

This seems to be the pattern with everyone that doesn't want a sequel, they think that Naughty Dog somehow got lucky with this game and that this "luck" won't carry over to a sequel. Luck didn't make this game so dam good, the author is clearly amazing, and the game devs are just as amazing because they were able to take an amazing story and turn it into an amazing game. I'm 100% possitive that if a sequel is made with Joel and Ellie, that it will blow the first one out of the **bleep** water.  

Imagine how much they could do on next gen... TLOU2 is going to be incredible. 

Message 28 of 38 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Jun 25, 2013

They've created a setting for a wide array of survivor stories. I like the post apocalyptic stuff a lot. I often get mislabeled as a zombie fan because of it. This story did bring us a kind of new way of thinking about an huge pandemic. I figured the fungal stuff would catch on somewhere after people started talking about it more on the internet. We've pretty much had nothing but undead, mutated rabies infected, and aliens to blame in the genre for a while. I may have seen this coming but it's still very well done. There are some wasps that can do some pretty gnarly stuff but I don't know if the door is as open with that.

I thought the overall story of what and why was fairly predictable but that was really a side point to the character interaction. I grew to care about these people in a very small window of time. I'd say the overall story is an 8/10 but the execution is 10/10. In a lot of ways, this is what I always wished Resident Evil was in all those years of playing those games. I can understand someone not liking it though. It's not a style for everyone and not every looks to games for their artistic value. I've said before that other games are more fun to play but few as touching. I don't see mainstream movies going into the dark places the way the Last of Us did for a long time. That's another contributing factor to how much I like it. I don't get hit with stuff like this frequently from other media that I enjoy.  

Message 29 of 38 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I really get a kick out of this nueropunk guy. He's full of crap but at least he sticks to his story.

Message 30 of 38 (262 Views)
0 Likes