Wastelander
666 posts

Re: The Last Of Us: The best characters and story of any game, ever.

Jun 25, 2013

Friday wrote:
Haha, thanks. I camped out for a few days when the PS3 came out, so as soon as I got the console, I turned it on and created my account first thing.

That is pretty awesome. Luckily my name is always available on anything I sign up for lol.

Message 31 of 38 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Jun 25, 2013
@ OP

While I respect your praise for TLOU but I think you're overdoing it by saying you'd live in that world if you could. Think about our world today and what we have now. Now seriously imagine being in the world of TLOU. No seriously. Imagine a world where infectious and murderous creatures make up over half the population. Where there is no government or military. Where if you don't possess the skills to hunt an animal (or person) to eat, you'd starve to death. Where you'd have to be wary of hunters and bandits every single second of every single day and night. Where there is no internet, video games or TV. No hot showers, Dove soap and Axe deodorant. Possmayy no chances of ever having a girlfriend (or boyfriend if you're into that). A world with no heat in the winter and no air conditioning in the summer. A world where you have to be cautious of killer spores in the air. A world where you may have to murder.

Seriously consider all of those things (and more) and tell me that you'd still want to live in the world of TLOU. Because, honestly, I am almost certain that is the hype speaking. You just said you'd choose to live in a time of murderous infection and lawlessness.

Just think about it.

Now tell me that isn't hype.
Photobucket
Message 32 of 38 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I'd live in that world if I was guaranteed my safety like if it was a set up reality show thing or something just for the experience if nothing else. I am weird like that

Message 33 of 38 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:
@ OP

While I respect your praise for TLOU but I think you're overdoing it by saying you'd live in that world if you could. Think about our world today and what we have now. Now seriously imagine being in the world of TLOU. No seriously. Imagine a world where infectious and murderous creatures make up over half the population. Where there is no government or military. Where if you don't possess the skills to hunt an animal (or person) to eat, you'd starve to death. Where you'd have to be wary of hunters and bandits every single second of every single day and night. Where there is no internet, video games or TV. No hot showers, Dove soap and Axe deodorant. Possmayy no chances of ever having a girlfriend (or boyfriend if you're into that). A world with no heat in the winter and no air conditioning in the summer. A world where you have to be cautious of killer spores in the air. A world where you may have to murder.

Seriously consider all of those things (and more) and tell me that you'd still want to live in the world of TLOU. Because, honestly, I am almost certain that is the hype speaking. You just said you'd choose to live in a time of murderous infection and lawlessness.

Just think about it.

Now tell me that isn't hype.

Outside of the quarantine zones that is.

The post-apocalyptic worlds I'd never ever want to live in is The Road or TWD. Compared to those properties, TLoU is a lot like

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6gm7s8cWZ1qfm225o1_250.gif

Edit: off-topic posts have been removed from the thread

U--J

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 34 of 38 (233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Thoughts on a sequel anyone? Anyone else excited to see Ellie and Joe come back? 

Message 35 of 38 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 26, 2013
I wouldn't live in that world, because I don't wanna miss the next gen Naughty Dog games.
Message 36 of 38 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jun 26, 2013

In terms of story, The Last Of Us is the best video game I have ever played. I was so emotionally invested in both of these characters that I don't ever want their adventure to end. I know that the creative director of the game has already said that Joel and Ellie's story ends in this game, but maybe Ellie could continue alone and have a whole new adventure. No other game has ever captured me emotionally as much as this game, and I would hate to see both of these characters' stories end with this game. In any case, congrats Naughty Dog for creating one of the best games ever.

Message 37 of 38 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 27, 2013

@TheGeoKing

Totally agree there, but it wouldn't make sense to have Eliie without Joel. 

Message 38 of 38 (84 Views)
0 Likes