Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 18 2012
By: loves_videogames First Son 15 posts

The Last Of Us from a kid's prospective

16 replies 702 views Edited Sep 18, 2012

Hi. As you know i am a kid. I have loved video games for a long time. I am only allowed to play Teen games by myself. BUt my bro plays GAmes like CoD and Gears. He loves Xbox360. But i luv Ps3 mainly for more exclusive games that are rated Teen. Examples are Infamous, UNcharted, Ratchet and CLank, JAk, Sly Cooper and so on. I especially loved Uncharted 3 for its beautiful graphics, intense story, great mulitplayer, and amazing gameplay. I loved this game. ANd then that day came. When i saw The LAst Of US gameplay at Sony's E3 Press Conference. I was so hooked by its gameplay and style. I felt like it was an instant buy. Only on problem though. THe language and gameplay were, as i thought too intense for a Rated TEen game and really me. My parents, I thought would never buy for me even if it had a content filter. So i have a couple questions about the rating.

1. Does anyone have an ESRB or PEGI rating for this game. THey can be what they're currently suggesting. I know what PEGI is suggesting. It is an 18+ rating but it isn't confirmed. BUt if ANYONE has any clue please let me know.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page. See that Rating Pending to Teen, is it true? I have also seen it at the bottom of Naughty DOg's The LAst Of Us Blog Posts. They included Drug Reference so I wondered if they were up to date. And I checked all of NAughty DOg's other games and none of them have these ratings. NOt even Uncharted: Golden Abyss. So please can someone answer me. If it is rated Teen. I'll give Naughty Dog my money in cash for the game's ULTIMATE EDITION.

Please keep your comments nice and clean and free of swear words and such. I'm a kid remember and all i want to hear are the facts. HAve a Good day.

Message 1 of 17 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Re: The Last Of Us from a kid's prospective

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

Not trying to be rude or anything but The Last of Us is not a game for kids, I'm sorry :smileyindifferent:

Message 2 of 17 (698 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I'm not that kind of kid. I'm a teen but most people think i'm a kid by the way i act so childish.

Message 3 of 17 (695 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Sep 18, 2012

The game will be Rated-M. You don't really strike me as someone with a messed up sense of moral to be honest. As long as you can tell the difference between right and wrong and are over 14 you should be able to play 99% of games out there, that's just me though. Looks like you'll have to either wait, or convince your parents this game isn't a mindless death simiulator, which it really isn't.

Message 4 of 17 (662 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Thanks for answering my first question. Can anyone answer my second.

Btw I am 13

Message 5 of 17 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1828 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Not trying to be an **bleep**, but I don't think your perspective is worth anything because you're not allowed to buy this in the first place. This game is rated M that's for sure. Lots of violence and the bad language.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 6 of 17 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I'm pretty sure this game is Rated E for Everyone. :smileyhappy:

Ellie (a little kid) is dropping the F-Bomb and cussing out Bill, and Joel is brutaly murdering bandits with close ups of head shots andblood all over the place.

watchdogs
Message 7 of 17 (558 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Some tips.

1. Stop acting childish. That will help allot.

2. Defend the violence. Talk about how Joel is this big heroic man defending the innocent defensless child Ellie.
 You may need to... exagerate a few points.

3. If theire view is that this game may turn you into the next Ted Bundy then have them read this.

http://bitmob.com/articles/my-four-year-old-son-plays-grand-theft-auto

4. Dont show them gameplay. The trailers for this are a slightly brutal.

5. This is less a tip to get it, and more a tip if they say no. Dont whine, or anything. Just take it like a man. Say okay, and let it go. That will show maturity, and may help some.

Other than that I have nothing.

As for the second question. Its pretty much guarnteed to be rated M.

Message 8 of 17 (519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Thanks for your guidance and understanding
Message 9 of 17 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1776 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Sargtbilko wrote:

Some tips.

1. Stop acting childish. That will help allot.

2. Defend the violence. Talk about how Joel is this big heroic man defending the innocent defensless child Ellie.
 You may need to... exagerate a few points.

4. Dont show them gameplay. The trailers for this are a slightly brutal.
What the.......
Dude just be frank:
mom...dad, im sick and tired of playing Barney goes to legoland, i want somthing more serious, *tell them the game* its a really good story game, kinda like The Book of Eli or I am Legend, we loved that movie, why wouldnt we love this game................... <--- you kinda have to sell this part that is underlined

Hell yeah
Message 10 of 17 (462 Views)
0 Likes