May 08 2014
By: CenturionCJ First Son 2 posts

The Last Of Us sequel

2 replies 226 views Edited May 8, 2014

I know it seems like a random topic to be discussing as Naughty Dog have already said there's a 50-50 chance of there being a sequel. I would still like to know the communitie's opinions so I suppose i'll be the one the to start off. Personally, i do believe they should make a sequel. It doesn't matter if it relates to Hoel and Ellie or not. They have a lot of potential with the post apocalyptic world they have created and it would be a shame to let it go to waste. They have the rest america and even the rest of the world to explore and so many possible characters and situations. They managed to come up with a brilliant story first time around, it may not be any more difficult to do it ith a different location and different set of characters.

I thought that it would be a good idea if it took place maybe 1-3 years later and Tommy's dam/town has now expanded to the point where people are beginning to hear about it more and more across america almost in the same way you hear about what happens in certain quarantine zones except from Tommy's dam would be what people aim for and see it as hope. The story could follow a group, a pair or a survivor who is simply trying to find refuge somewhere safe. I know it may sound like it is repeating slightly as Joel and Elllie's destination was also the Tommy at first. There could be a twist where the survivor(s) don't know about Tommy's dam and at the end of the game, you may end up in Jackson leaving players excited at the sight of the area foreshadowing of upcoming events. I don't want to say anymore as that could spoil any ending that Naughty dog come up with as they are of course unpredictable if tehy do indeed choose to make the game at all. The ending of the first game left some players, including myself, quite unsatisfied even though I can work out what happens after its just the lack of seeing it with my own eyes on the screen which makes it feel like it loses its value. This is why it would give Naughty Dog the upper hand on a sequel as players would be eager to see what could happen even if it included the smallest scene or easter egg of Ellie and Joels existence. 

I would write more but frnakly its late and i'm tired. I would like to see some of your idea's on a sequel or if you think a sequel should be made at all.

Message 1 of 3 (226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: The Last Of Us sequel

May 8, 2014

Don't let my spelling mistakes put you off xD as i said i was tired and kinda rushing but I have thought of the idea's before hand

Message 2 of 3 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Re: The Last Of Us sequel

May 13, 2014
I agree this world is way to rich to be explored in one game with two characters, and the best part was it wasn't the usual game where a small group of survivors are trying to survive the zombie apocalypse alone. This game took place a number of years after the outbreak so humanity survived, it just got thrown back a few hundred years. I would like to see a game focus on one character (maybe a grown up Ellie) with a large number of other characters coming and going; since the most character development in that game happened when they were hanging out with other people. And maybe switch perspective between the characters periodically, either with in game controls to take advantage of each characters strengths and weakness or with the story forcing your perspective like in the winter segment of the game. Also would like to see more of the world. Imagine all the different communities that could of been set up by survivors, each one built on the differing ideals of their founders, and each one of them filled with people who you could interact, and trade supplies with. The wilderness scenes were beautiful, but only served as a tradition between chapters, so maybe they could do more with those. Maybe have you hunt for food and pelts or fight off predators, who've gotten more plentiful since the fall of civilization, and forgotten that humans used to make coats out of them. I don't know if it was addressed in this game, but if not I would like to know whats going on with the rest of the world. Are they in the same boat as America, or was the infection only limited to north America, with the rest of the world giving us the occasional supply drop, and treating us like the worlds biggest leaper colony.
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)
0 Likes