Do you mean 
Splicer
46 posts

Re: The Last of Us 2 In Development?

Jan 30, 2014

leonardo__cruz wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

leonardo__cruz wrote:

I agree with Stella, the history of Joel and Ellie is done. The producer confirmed that and I think It's a good ending after all.

A "Last of Us 2" game should start with new characters OR explore the Joel's past during the 20 years that the history jumped - the start of the infection and all that come after.

I think the game should explore more the past conflicts of Joel and his brother Tommy, how Joel met Tess and explain they real relationship and how Joel, Tess and Bill met each other and started they "business".

Ellie has a comic book and a DLC that will cover her past, now I think that is Joel time to get the spotlights.

And I think It's a great oportunity to Naughty Dog give us a perfect multiplayer experience... 

In my dreams we can have a decent "DayZ kind of game" with the stunning quality seal of a Naughty Dog game.

Dream with me: Larger maps - WITH INFECTEDS, supplies to collect, areas to protected, day to night cicles...

Manly tears falling down my face.

The Producer didn't confirm anything. He simply worded what he said, awkwardly, and he clarified after as well. Neil Druckman, said "There are alot of people here who would like to continue Joel, and Ellie's story, and there are some that don't." Multiple people said multiple things, just because the producer said something that people took out of context, doesn't mean it's true.

Hmm... He not "confirmed" but It's the point of view of Neil... and Neil wrote the history... I think It's the way he like it to be.

He said that "a lot of people would like to work in the sequence with Joel and Ellie" but it's not HIS view.

I think he only said that because Sony or someone at Naughty Dog would ask him to bring Joel and Ellie back together because they are famous now - but I don't want him to be "forced" to do this if don't like the idea. This could generate a really "poor storyline".

To conclude his speech, Neil said something like "I only want to work with Joel and Ellie again if I have something relevant to tell" and I couldn't agree more with him. The fanboys will be sad if Joel and Ellie don't come back but I prefer a good history with new characters than a "fan service thing" that could ruin the great experience that the first game was. The interesting part of The Last of Us is the evolution of Joel and Ellie... What the duo could bring into a sequence? Work with two fully developed characters is not that simple. The storyline could because very simple and unnecessary just to make some fans happy.

I agree about not releasing a second game just to appease people. If they were already considering it while making this game and they had a good story in place and they knew where it was going then ok but not just release one to bow down to pressure from fans or to make more money because they didn't realise how popular it would be or how popular Joel and Ellie would be. TLoU 2 if it ever comes should be whole new characters, but Joel should get a prequel DLC like Ellie, to see what happened in the aftermath of Sarah's death and during the 20 year gap.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 34 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2014

TLOU 2 is going to come to the PS4 and there is no question about it.  Wiki states that 4.1 million copies were sold as of January 2014.  Only a fool is going to walk away from churning out a sequel to the GOTY and possibly the best game of all time for the PS3.  ND is owned by Sony.  Sony is going to mandate a TLOU 2 to add to it's portfolio of PS4 exclusives.  

The TLOU is a cash cow for ND/Sony (guestimating over $300 million).  They aren't going to walk away from it.  TLOU 2 will be easier in a way to turn out because the environment/world has been created along with the multiplayer environment.  I can imagine just creating a new IP idea alone takes countless hours.  ND did not spend countless hours creating the idea of TLOU just for one game.  

For all those who think ND is going to walk away from a sequel (aka another 300+ million), please pass me pipe you are smoking because you are high as a kite.    

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 34 (97 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 31, 2014

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

TLOU 2 is going to come to the PS4 and there is no question about it.  Wiki states that 4.1 million copies were sold as of January 2014.  Only a fool is going to walk away from churning out a sequel to the GOTY and possibly the best game of all time for the PS3.  ND is owned by Sony.  Sony is going to mandate a TLOU 2 to add to it's portfolio of PS4 exclusives.  

The TLOU is a cash cow for ND/Sony (guestimating over $300 million).  They aren't going to walk away from it.  TLOU 2 will be easier in a way to turn out because the environment/world has been created along with the multiplayer environment.  I can imagine just creating a new IP idea alone takes countless hours.  ND did not spend countless hours creating the idea of TLOU just for one game.  

For all those who think ND is going to walk away from a sequel (aka another 300+ million), please pass me pipe you are smoking because you are high as a kite.    

Wow well said bro
Everything you said makes perfect sense, they obviously didnt waste their time for one game so there is room for at least 2 more sequels then maybe wrap it up. Its gotta be with Joel and Ellie tho cuz they are the GAME, other characters would bring it down to ground and wont be The Last of Us anymore.

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 34 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1334 posts

Jan 31, 2014
Yeah, they are the spirit of the game.
Kill it and the game will slowly die away...
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 34 (67 Views)
0 Likes