The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 21 of 34 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

Re: The Last of Us 2 In Development?

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2014

I'm not surprised, and I don't doubt we'll start seeing some trailers sometime during Q4 2014, and maybe gameplay at E3 2015. I hope ND still follows Joel, and Ellie though.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 22 of 34 (201 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 29, 2014

I don't think it would be "The last of us 2" without Joel and Ellie. They were the stars for TLOU, so to me it wouldn't make sense for them to not be in the sequel. I really hope they do continue the story with Ellie and Joel.

Message 23 of 34 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2014

Those links are b.s. don't believe them. Anytime they say 'unnamed source' 99% of the time the rumor is a bunch of bull. 

Message 24 of 34 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 30, 2014

I agree with Stella, the history of Joel and Ellie is done. The producer confirmed that and I think It's a good ending after all.

A "Last of Us 2" game should start with new characters OR explore the Joel's past during the 20 years that the history jumped - the start of the infection and all that come after.

I think the game should explore more the past conflicts of Joel and his brother Tommy, how Joel met Tess and explain they real relationship and how Joel, Tess and Bill met each other and started they "business".

Ellie has a comic book and a DLC that will cover her past, now I think that is Joel time to get the spotlights.

And I think It's a great oportunity to Naughty Dog give us a perfect multiplayer experience... 

In my dreams we can have a decent "DayZ kind of game" with the stunning quality seal of a Naughty Dog game.

Dream with me: Larger maps - WITH INFECTEDS, supplies to collect, areas to protected, day to night cicles...

Manly tears falling down my face.

Message 25 of 34 (167 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

Jan 30, 2014

leonardo__cruz wrote:

I agree with Stella, the history of Joel and Ellie is done. The producer confirmed that and I think It's a good ending after all.

A "Last of Us 2" game should start with new characters OR explore the Joel's past during the 20 years that the history jumped - the start of the infection and all that come after.

I think the game should explore more the past conflicts of Joel and his brother Tommy, how Joel met Tess and explain they real relationship and how Joel, Tess and Bill met each other and started they "business".

Ellie has a comic book and a DLC that will cover her past, now I think that is Joel time to get the spotlights.

And I think It's a great oportunity to Naughty Dog give us a perfect multiplayer experience... 

In my dreams we can have a decent "DayZ kind of game" with the stunning quality seal of a Naughty Dog game.

Dream with me: Larger maps - WITH INFECTEDS, supplies to collect, areas to protected, day to night cicles...

The Producer didn't confirm anything. He simply worded what he said, awkwardly, and he clarified after as well. Neil Druckman, said "There are alot of people here who would like to continue Joel, and Ellie's story, and there are some that don't." Multiple people said multiple things, just because the producer said something that people took out of context, doesn't mean it's true.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 26 of 34 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jan 30, 2014

This is bound to turn into just another thread of what you want to see in a sequel since the actual info about a sequel in the links provided is shaky at best. 

Message 27 of 34 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 30, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

leonardo__cruz wrote:

The Producer didn't confirm anything. He simply worded what he said, awkwardly, and he clarified after as well. Neil Druckman, said "There are alot of people here who would like to continue Joel, and Ellie's story, and there are some that don't." Multiple people said multiple things, just because the producer said something that people took out of context, doesn't mean it's true.

Hmm... He not "confirmed" but It's the point of view of Neil... and Neil wrote the history... I think It's the way he like it to be.

He said that "a lot of people would like to work in the sequence with Joel and Ellie" but it's not HIS view.

I think he only said that because Sony or someone at Naughty Dog would ask him to bring Joel and Ellie back together because they are famous now - but I don't want him to be "forced" to do this if don't like the idea. This could generate a really "poor storyline".

To conclude his speech, Neil said something like "I only want to work with Joel and Ellie again if I have something relevant to tell" and I couldn't agree more with him. The fanboys will be sad if Joel and Ellie don't come back but I prefer a good history with new characters than a "fan service thing" that could ruin the great experience that the first game was. The interesting part of The Last of Us is the evolution of Joel and Ellie... What the duo could bring into a sequence? Work with two fully developed characters is not that simple. The storyline could because very simple and unnecessary just to make some fans happy.

Message 28 of 34 (141 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 30, 2014

leonardo__cruz wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

leonardo__cruz wrote:

Hmm... He not "confirmed" but It's the point of view of Neil... and Neil wrote the history... I think It's the way he like it to be.

He said that "a lot of people would like to work in the sequence with Joel and Ellie" but it's not HIS view.

I think he only said that because Sony or someone at Naughty Dog would ask him to bring Joel and Ellie back together because they are famous now - but I don't want him to be "forced" to do this if don't like the idea. This could generate a really "poor storyline".

To conclude his speech, Neil said something like "I only want to work with Joel and Ellie again if I have something relevant to tell" and I couldn't agree more with him. The fanboys will be sad if Joel and Ellie don't come back but I prefer a good history with new characters than a "fan service thing" that could ruin the great experience that the first game was. The interesting part of The Last of Us is the evolution of Joel and Ellie... What the duo could bring into a sequence? Work with two fully developed characters is not that simple. The storyline could because very simple and unnecessary just to make some fans happy.

If he has something relevant to say though, he should say it.

It's not a matter of should or should not, it's not something we can decide for him.

I am only trying to push it in the direction I see right, a sequel, with Joel and Ellie, which some of us really, really want.

Message 29 of 34 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Jan 30, 2014

conquerator3 wrote:

StellaBella84 wrote:

Lol ok... there are always going to be people that want a sequel with Joel and Ellie, and those that don't or don't even want a sequel at all. In my opinion Joel and Ellie are done and the whole point of the ending was for us to make our own minds up about what happens after that. But you know it's just my opinion that is all, it doesn't mean i'm right or wrong. But i did read somewhere that ND themselves said Joel and Ellie's story is done as far as they are concerned.

They did say that but then they kind of turned it around to make it sound more vague and less definitive :smileyvery-happy:

So... nobody knows what the old dogs have up their sleeces :]

As far as opinions go, I respect different opinions. I was mostly joking :]

But I do want a sequel so... only mostly :smileyvery-happy:

I definitely want a sequel and would be disappointed if it DIDN'T star Ellie and Joel.  Not enough that I wouldn't buy it so long as the premise and gameplay stayed the same.

Message 30 of 34 (99 Views)
0 Likes