Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 116 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: The Last of Us: ND's Greed of Us [Confirmed!]

May 30, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Meh, for all we know it could be Sony behind this. I'm not trying to victimize Naughty Dog, but if you compare this situation to other games (I think EA as a whole comes to mind) people will always blame EA and not DICE. Bioware, Visceral games, etc.

Here's the thing: publishers (i.e. Sony) and developers (i.e. ND) share the profits. So no, ND is not "innocent".

Do you think that all 20 bucks from the season pass go straight to Sony's wallet? Hell no. It's more like 50/50.

The same thing applies to every single DLC (even online passes).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 116 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 30, 2013

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

EyeCue... They're not greedy, they let you choose to buy them or not. They set their prices. They are, after all, a company that works in the business of games. Naughty Dog's employees have to eat and families to feed. Please stop calling Naughty Dog greedy. You should try to look at it from a business owner point of view.

ND President: "What are some cool ways to bring in some cash, without doing a lot of work?"

ND Emplpyee: "Well we could take out a chunk of the story to sell as DLC, and put it in a season pass for the game, maybe even put in the behind the scenes features we usually do for our games as an incentive for players to buy the pass."

NDP: That's brilliant! Let's delay the game from May to June while we work on that!

NDE2: We should also say your saving about 30% on all DLC too, and add some SP perks that'll make the game a bit easier.

NDP: Love it! Now get to work! We'll make millions off of this...

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 116 (378 Views)
Naughty Host
8054 posts

May 30, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

EyeCue... They're not greedy, they let you choose to buy them or not. They set their prices. They are, after all, a company that works in the business of games. Naughty Dog's employees have to eat and families to feed. Please stop calling Naughty Dog greedy. You should try to look at it from a business owner point of view.

ND President: "What are some cool ways to bring in some cash, without doing a lot of work?"

ND Emplpyee: "Well we could take out a chunk of the story to sell as DLC, and put it in a season pass for the game, maybe even put in the behind the scenes features we usually do for our games as an incentive for players to buy the pass."

NDP: That's brilliant! Let's delay the game from May to June while we work on that!

NDE2: We should also say your saving about 30% on all DLC too, and add some SP perks that'll make the game a bit easier.

Woah! When did this happen? Naughty Dog... I can't believe you! Could you link me to this information so I could pout some more? 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 116 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

May 30, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

Woah! When did this happen? Naughty Dog... I can't believe you! Could you link me to this information so I could pout some more? 

I'd pay some serious cash if someone planted a hidden camera in ND's headquarters. Man, their internal conversations would give us a lot of good laughs... :smileyvery-happy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 116 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 30, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

You want the link? http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_pre_order_digital_edition_and_dlc_season_pass/

I hope you enjoy seeing the cold hard truth.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 116 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8054 posts

May 30, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

You want the link? http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_pre_order_digital_edition_and_dlc_season_pass/

I hope you enjoy seeing the cold hard truth.

I'm sorry good sir. Your link appears to be quite broken. Can you fix it so I myself can see this...this...despicable crime?

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 116 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Does anyone think ND will be greedy when it comes to the DLC like they were in Uncharted 3?

209.jpg

No. only blantant idiots would think something as foolish as this. It costs money to develop these games! The costs of making games this gen are at it's higest levels ever. I guess you haven't noticed major gaming studios has been closing as of late huh? The reason why game developers produce alot of these dlc map packs is to keep from charging $70 - $80 for the retail version of the game! But of course, uninformed "gamers" such as yourself, will b*tch and moan about.."oh nooooo...they released a map pack that costs money...wahhhhhhh."  Look either buy the darn game/map packs, or don't. It's as simple as that. No one is forcing you to buy anything!  Now Grow the hell up already!

*leaves childish thread*

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 116 (325 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

May 30, 2013

Naughty Dog is a company. And while I don't have any problem on buying their DLC I understand that, for some, their economic model is absolutely regrettable.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 116 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 30, 2013

loakum wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Does anyone think ND will be greedy when it comes to the DLC like they were in Uncharted 3?

209.jpg

No. only blantant idiots would think something as foolish as this. It costs money to develop these games! The costs of making games this gen are at it's higest levels ever. I guess you haven't noticed major gaming studios has been closing as of late huh? The reason why game developers produce alot of these dlc map packs is to keep from charging $70 - $80 for the retail version of the game! But of course, uninformed "gamers" such as yourself, will b*tch and moan about.."oh nooooo...they released a map pack that costs money...wahhhhhhh."  Look either buy the darn game/map packs, or don't. It's as simple as that.  Now Grow the hell up already!

*leaves childish thread*

Rockstar seems to be doing fine. Sucker Punch too. Both completely option DLC that doesn't remove aspects of the SP story.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 116 (306 Views)
0 Likes