Sackboy
428 posts

Re: The Last of Us (DLC): ND's Greed of Us [Confirmed!]

Jun 21, 2013

K3ViNPwNz- wrote:
Wait a sec.this is no single player dlc coming anymore?

Where the source?

Where did you get that from?

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 91 of 116 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Idk someone here posted it on the comment page 1.he said no story dlc only mp...is that true?
I want story dlc
Message 92 of 116 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 21, 2013

There WILL be Single player DLC.

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 93 of 116 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Awesome.thnx
Message 94 of 116 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Re: The Last of Us: ND's Greed of Us

Jun 21, 2013

KingdomSlayah wrote:

How is U3's DLC greedy? It's not even greedy in any way. TF2 does it too. These are ALL optional and adds variety and flavor to the game. They aren't forcing you to buy it.

Sure you dont HAVE to buy it, you can just be at a disadvantage to the other players that did. Seems fair right ? The whole tournament tickets and system was lkiterally DESIGNED to have the ONLY worthwhile rewards pretty much guarantee you have to pay real money. You think you can barely ever hit gold, and never hit platinum with just your free tickets is a coincidence ? LOL. It's practically a scam.

As soon as they started with the stat hats that give you abilities and tournament stuff, while the game's co-op was still broken and exploits and imbalances were everywhere, I knew what their priorities were. Let's not forget changing the time of day and weather on old maps and charging 10 dollars for them. The second they do that for TLoU, I'm trading mine in and waiting for the GoTY "screw you" edition to come out.

Message 95 of 116 (212 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: The Last of Us: ND's Greed of Us [Confirmed!]

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

Gears of War Series, Battlefield 3, Red Dead Redmption, LA Noire, Halo Reach, you know what they all have in common? Both my brother and I purchased the DLC for the game(s), inlcuding map packs, characters, outfits, co-op missions, story DLC. Why? Becuase both of us enjoyed the game enough to purchase the OPTIONAL downloads to extend the life of the games we enjoy.

Gears of War(I actually own 6 copies) - All the map packs

Gears of War 2(two copies) - All the Map Packs and Story DLC

Gears of War 3(Two Copies) - All the Map Packs, Raam's Shadow Story DLC, weapon skins, characters

Battlefield 3(4 copies) - Premium(All DLC)

RDR(4 copies) - All DLC, MP modes, chacacter skins, Gametypes, Undead Nightmare

LA Noire - Outfit DLC, cases DLC

Halo Reach - Map Pack DLC

All of these were optional, just like the DLC in TLOU. It's not needed to "complete the story", it's expanding on it, and could very well not even feature anyone or any location/enemies we've encountered in the game already.

I'd also like to know, EyeCue, why the hell do you even care? You don't even want this game. Oh wait...that's right....you bought the game and claimed you got it as a "gift", from yourself to yourself, right?

If it's optional, who gives a **bleep**. Everyone needs to make money. Be glad we don't have to pay for updates, 'cause I'm sure ND could charge for it if they wanted to.

The story is incomplete at this point. It may seem complete, but it's not. Uncharted Drake's Fortune is a complete game. Uncharted 2 Among Theives is a complete game. Even the disappointing Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception is a complete game. The Last of Us is not a complete game. That story DLC keeps it from being a complete game(not counting MP DLC, because after a couple of months no one will be able to find a DLC match).

I did infact wind up getting this game as a graduation gift. You're right though, that I did not want this game. Not this incomplete,  glitch filled game ND trotted out (cuz there's a horse get it?). I care Mr. FUIVT0PLAY, because once ND starts down the dark path of DLC, and unfinished games, forever will it dominate their destiny and the gamer, will wind up getting screwed out of their cash, because by purchasing unfinished games, you let the company know that it's okay to start offering less, and eventually offering less for more money. 

Paying for patches would be the stupidest thing ND or any company could do, and it would guarantee that smart gamers would never buy their games at full retail price.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 96 of 116 (200 Views)
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Glitch filled? I didn't run into a single glitch aside from the occasional AI issues.

Also, how is the game not complete? The ending was satisfying, the story manages to cover all ends and has no plot holes, at least none that are big enough to ruin the story or notice, and the gameplay portrays the "by any means necessary" mentality perfectly.

Also, why am I wasting my time commenting on this post? This thread reeks of troll feces.
-----------
Message 97 of 116 (190 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Wrathful_Badger wrote:
Glitch filled? I didn't run into a single glitch aside from the occasional AI issues.

Also, how is the game not complete? The ending was satisfying, the story manages to cover all ends and has no plot holes, at least none that are big enough to ruin the story or notice, and the gameplay portrays the "by any means necessary" mentality perfectly.

Also, why am I wasting my time commenting on this post? This thread reeks of troll feces.

What I mean by glitch filled is all the sloppy audio, video and trophy glitches, that should have been sorted out before release. Oh and the AI stuff isn't glitch, it's just lazy work, and false advertising (E3 Demo). 

Sure the game looks complete, but imagine if Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was missing that chapter where Snape makes the Unbreakable Vow. The story would still seem complete, but you would be missing out on some cool character "screen"time.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 98 of 116 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jun 21, 2013
You must have gotten a bad copy. I had none of those issues.

I swear I'm either lucky or people make these kinds of things up just to make it seem like the have an argument against the game.

The Last of Us is a shining example of what a developer can create when they are given free reign over their project and are given time.
-----------
Message 99 of 116 (175 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 21, 2013

EyeCue, nice copy and past skills. No one spells my name right, but you still spelled it wrong =D second, this is what I picture you doing, 'cause honestly, no one cares that they have to buy DLC, and they don't even have to. It's not just ND, it's every company, so either boycott the entire gaming community, and leave, or sit down, be quiet and enjoy what you're given. Sometimes things don't go as planned, and are cut, then released after. Nobody owes YOU anything. Nobody owes anyone anything. ND can decide what they want to give as a game, and if you don't like it, #dealwithit, Microsoft style.

EyeCue finding out that people don't quite care, and that it's a business, not a "we owe EyeCue our lives"

Message 100 of 116 (160 Views)
0 Likes