Wastelander
768 posts

Re: The Last of Us: ND's Greed of Us [Confirmed!]

May 30, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Lol Tap. 

And yeah I was referring to Aldro. Your pretty great too pal though.

I stand corrected. and thanx. You're cool too.

and for what it's worth, even though the premise of the thread is just plain ridiculous, I had plenty of fun. lol ^_^

Message 71 of 116 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 30, 2013

loakum wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

Lol Tap. 

and for what it's worth, even though the premise of the thread is just plain ridiculous, I had plenty of fun. lol ^_^

The premise of this thread is not ridiculous it has become a reality. If you can't see it, then I feel sorry for you because you will continue to believe whatever "the man" says to you like some sort of brainless husk, controlled by the Reapers.

I am Commander Shepard and this is my favorite post on the Citadel.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 72 of 116 (311 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 30, 2013

Kudos for Mass Effect. <3

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 73 of 116 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

loakum wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

Lol Tap. 

The premise of this thread is not ridiculous it has become a reality. If you can't see it, then I feel sorry for you because you will continue to believe whatever "the man" says to you like some sort of brainless husk, controlled by the Reapers.

I am Commander Shepard and this is my favorite post on the Citadel.

Awww..I would had preferred you used "a person hopelessly hooked up to the Matrix" or "The Borg hooked up to the prime collective."  both of those references (Star Trek and The Matrix) would had made my nerdy-little heart beat faster with excitement. ^_^

Now as for Mass Effect, that DLC pack (for Mass Effect 3) when that scientist had his autistic brother hooked up to machine, because he was really gifted at numbers and machinery is my favorite. I might even shed a man-tear, it was so moving. Or maybe it was because it was so relatable, because my younger brother Isiah has autism......hmmm..

I love video games. ^_^

Message 74 of 116 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

May 30, 2013

Mass Effect is too good. Hopefully TLOU's story will be even better than Mass Effect 2's.

Message 75 of 116 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

May 30, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Meh, for all we know it could be Sony behind this. I'm not trying to victimize Naughty Dog, but if you compare this situation to other games (I think EA as a whole comes to mind) people will always blame EA and not DICE. Bioware, Visceral games, etc.

Bioware was pure gold with the Baldurs' Gate series before EA took it over, ever since then the company is trash.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 76 of 116 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Re: The Last of Us: ND's Greed of Us

May 30, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

calcunnon wrote:
I think DLC is only greedy if a development studio takes away a chunk of the single player and releases it later as DLC. Multiplayer DLC is fine.

You're prediction is... accurate.

I didn't predict anything. Besides, it still remains to be seen if the single player DLC is 'cut out'. Could be. Might not.

Message 77 of 116 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I would love an online coop mode similar to Resistance 2.

Need to lead a group of survivors through a map to a safe area, all the while enemies surround you.

You try to sneak but some of the survivors have babies that cry from time to time and force you to find a place for the survivors to hide while you fight off or lead away the attackers.

If you lose more then 3 survivors you lose.

Another good mode would be you need to cross a map to pick up the contents of a crate fulled with supplies, then get the goods back to your people.

The trick here is that another group of survivors always wants those supplies, mix in some good infected hoards and I'm good.

Finally a true survival mode, last as long as possible against increasing numbers of infected, military, and rival factions.

Ideally you could have an option where some of the enemies are online players, similar to demon's Souls where one of the bosses was an online player, and players could invade your game on the same team as the infected, maybe even a playable infected class/classes?

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 78 of 116 (198 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 20, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Does anyone think ND will be greedy when it comes to the DLC like they were in Uncharted 3?

I;m sorry, did ND force you to buy anything from MP? nope

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 79 of 116 (188 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Gears of War Series, Battlefield 3, Red Dead Redmption, LA Noire, Halo Reach, you know what they all have in common? Both my brother and I purchased the DLC for the game(s), inlcuding map packs, characters, outfits, co-op missions, story DLC. Why? Becuase both of us enjoyed the game enough to purchase the OPTIONAL downloads to extend the life of the games we enjoy.

Gears of War(I actually own 6 copies) - All the map packs

Gears of War 2(two copies) - All the Map Packs and Story DLC

Gears of War 3(Two Copies) - All the Map Packs, Raam's Shadow Story DLC, weapon skins, characters

Battlefield 3(4 copies) - Premium(All DLC)

RDR(4 copies) - All DLC, MP modes, chacacter skins, Gametypes, Undead Nightmare

LA Noire - Outfit DLC, cases DLC

Halo Reach - Map Pack DLC

All of these were optional, just like the DLC in TLOU. It's not needed to "complete the story", it's expanding on it, and could very well not even feature anyone or any location/enemies we've encountered in the game already.

I'd also like to know, EyeCue, why the hell do you even care? You don't even want this game. Oh wait...that's right....you bought the game and claimed you got it as a "gift", from yourself to yourself, right?

If it's optional, who gives a **bleep**. Everyone needs to make money. Be glad we don't have to pay for updates, 'cause I'm sure ND could charge for it if they wanted to.

Message 80 of 116 (185 Views)
0 Likes