May 31 2013
By: NukemDukem First Son 27 posts

The Last of Us Demo Review

12 replies 551 views Edited May 31, 2013

The Demo was Just Released Today for Early Access if you own Gods of War Ascension

It is roughly around 20-30minutes depending on your play style

Review- It is a great fun game
- Craft system is great and takes time. You need to do it while you are safe
- Sneaking can be tough and you have to plan out your attack

Watch the PlaythroughDemo:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQCHI4r4uE[/url]
[yt]-nQCHI4r4uE[/yt]
[YOUTUBE]-nQCHI4r4uE[/YOUTUBE]

Message 1 of 13 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
344 posts

Re: The Last of Us Demo Review

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

20-30 minutes?

sub sig

sig url -

Message 2 of 13 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

May 31, 2013

NukemDukem wrote:

The Demo was Just Released Today for Early Access if you own Gods of War Ascension

78yo8u

Message 3 of 13 (518 Views)
Sackboy
344 posts

May 31, 2013

Player1x3 wrote:

NukemDukem wrote:

78yo8u

he works for IGN , nd paid him off.

sub sig

sig url -

Message 4 of 13 (488 Views)
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

May 31, 2013

if anything its like 10 minutes if your looking for everything. 

Message 5 of 13 (472 Views)
First Son
27 posts

May 31, 2013
Well I took my time with the game and explored a lot of the content
Message 6 of 13 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

NukemDukem wrote:

Review- It is a great fun game
- Craft system is great and takes time. You need to do it while you are safe
- Sneaking can be tough and you have to plan out your attack

Watch the PlaythroughDemo:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQCHI4r4uE[/url]
[yt]-nQCHI4r4uE[/yt]
[YOUTUBE]-nQCHI4r4uE[/YOUTUBE]

20 to 30 mins? Yeah, if you just stand still for 19mins. That demo was 9-10 minutes tops. Kind of dissappointing in that aspect. the having to buy a $60 dollar game, and then the whole countdown delay, when many people have played MUCH longer demos for free is kind of distressing. Don't get me wrong...it was a intense, awesome, and incredible AI enemies...but if was just too dang short to justify the whole countdown thing. Not to mention it's not at all "exclusive, since it the same demo played at PA...and it's a even shorter demo than what folks got to play at PAX (again, for free).

I guess I'll wait patiently for the actual game for 2 weeks. I know I'm gonna love it!

Message 7 of 13 (410 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 1, 2013

I agree! the demo was awesome what I've played. i also took my time to explore & get used to the gameplay while looking at the amazing graphics on my 70' LG HD TV w/my headphones drinking a MD AMP. But the thing is the demo was way too short & nothing really happen besides exploring some broken down buildings & fighting 4 or 5 infected whice when you killed the last infected DEMO ENDED in a flash like a TBC lol.

Whice I do understand that NaughtyDog doesn't want to spoil certain things in the game because they want everyone to be shocked,excited & amazed when the game comes out in 13 days(?) but they teased us to much with the countdown & then earlier to today when the countdown ending then the PSN crashed & we had to wait FOREVER(1hour for me) to just play the demo. I think it took about 20 minutes for me because I like to enjoy the world the game brings to me but I wish the demo was longer for ex: THERE should've been more infected to fight, more files to find & read, more weapons to craft or craft onto just for practice.

In the end at least WE got a FREE DEMO to play to hold us off till the REAL game to come out. I played the game on normal & it was kinda hard. I got killed 4x then learned a path where I killed infected one by one without problems. THIS GAME WILL BE GAME OF THE YEAR 2013 FO SHO \m/(oO)\m/

Message 8 of 13 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Jun 1, 2013

StaticRaven wrote:

I agree! the demo was awesome what I've played. i also took my time to explore & get used to the gameplay while looking at the amazing graphics on my 70' LG HD TV w/my headphones drinking a MD AMP. But the thing is the demo was way too short & nothing really happen besides exploring some broken down buildings & fighting 4 or 5 infected whice when you killed the last infected DEMO ENDED in a flash like a TBC lol.

Whice I do understand that NaughtyDog doesn't want to spoil certain things in the game because they want everyone to be shocked,excited & amazed when the game comes out in 13 days(?) but they teased us to much with the countdown & then earlier to today when the countdown ending then the PSN crashed & we had to wait FOREVER(1hour for me) to just play the demo. I think it took about 20 minutes for me because I like to enjoy the world the game brings to me but I wish the demo was longer for ex: THERE should've been more infected to fight, more files to find & read, more weapons to craft or craft onto just for practice.

In the end at least WE got a FREE DEMO to play to hold us off till the REAL game to come out. I played the game on normal & it was kinda hard. I got killed 4x then learned a path where I killed infected one by one without problems. THIS GAME WILL BE GAME OF THE YEAR 2013 FO SHO \m/(oO)\m/

You got a 70" HDTV? That's awesome! I always wanted to get a larger than 60" tv for ages!

Message 9 of 13 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

average death if you're a COD player is 12 on easy.

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 10 of 13 (294 Views)
0 Likes