Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 04/26/2008
Offline
839 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Firefly Collectibles Contest

Apr 23, 2013

I know but I was lucky to get anyone for actors so I took what I could get. Couldn't shoot until today due to weather and my schedule and the actors. I was unable to get any usable audio since I don't have an external mic and audio would have been pretty bad. I was planning on making a TLOU short a few months ago when I got the camera and only rushed it a little due to the contest but plan on doing a second one later and I found a nice looking fake beard that might pass.


Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

newsense2008 wrote:
Just a sneak peek!

 

I expect to see the man in the video with a full (or close to full) beard. Gotta try to make him look as much like Joel as possible. Smiley Very Happy

 

But anyway, that looks really interesting just from that one image alone. Would love to see how that turns out. Smiley Happy


 



Message 101 of 186 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11611 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Firefly Collectibles Contest

Apr 23, 2013
So many good entries! Can't wait to see who ND picks

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 102 of 186 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/18/2011
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Firefly Collectibles Contest

Apr 23, 2013

newsense2008 wrote:

Little Preview

Just a sneak peek!
WOW! Just a picture and I am already excited to see it done Smiley Happy
Good luck to you!

 

Message 103 of 186 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/18/2011
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Firefly Collectibles Contest

Apr 23, 2013

loakum wrote:

oldshooter84 wrote:

Here is my contest entry!

Good Luck to everyone! Smiley Very Happy


Well done! I first hand account of a society collasping due to the spread of the infection! genuis video concept, and nicely edited!




Sorry for the others replys I did. I'm kinda new to the forums. Smiley Tongue

But really thank you for your kind words. 

The editing and filming was kinda rushed because that Friday would be the only day I could film on and edit on due to my tight schedule at the moment ^_^

I feel though I could have done better, but I'm still happy with the result lol

 

Message 104 of 186 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/26/2008
Offline
839 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Firefly Collectibles Contest

Apr 23, 2013

oldshooter84 wrote:

newsense2008 wrote:

Little Preview

Just a sneak peek!
WOW! Just a picture and I am already excited to see it done Smiley Happy
Good luck to you!

 


Thanks! Due to the deadline it's not going to have any of the action shots I wanted. If I had a little more time I could have gotten extra actors, and due to the audio quality of the on camera mic there is no speech. I don't know if I have a chance with all the other entries since I like them all more than mine so far. Good luck to everyone, great job all around!



Message 105 of 186 (319 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/18/2011
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Firefly Collectibles Contest

Apr 23, 2013

newsense2008 wrote:

oldshooter84 wrote:

newsense2008 wrote:

Little Preview

Just a sneak peek!
WOW! Just a picture and I am already excited to see it done Smiley Happy
Good luck to you!

 


Thanks! Due to the deadline it's not going to have any of the action shots I wanted. If I had a little more time I could have gotten extra actors, and due to the audio quality of the on camera mic there is no speech. I don't know if I have a chance with all the other entries since I like them all more than mine so far. Good luck to everyone, great job all around!


I'm sure you'll have a good chance Smiley Wink

Had the same problem with my video

I didn't have much time to film and edit. Which is why it looked rushed :/

Message 106 of 186 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/26/2008
Offline
839 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Firefly Collectibles Contest

Apr 23, 2013

oldshooter84 wrote:

newsense2008 wrote:

oldshooter84 wrote:

newsense2008 wrote:

Little Preview

Just a sneak peek!
WOW! Just a picture and I am already excited to see it done Smiley Happy
Good luck to you!

 


Thanks! Due to the deadline it's not going to have any of the action shots I wanted. If I had a little more time I could have gotten extra actors, and due to the audio quality of the on camera mic there is no speech. I don't know if I have a chance with all the other entries since I like them all more than mine so far. Good luck to everyone, great job all around!


I'm sure you'll have a good chance Smiley Wink

Had the same problem with my video

I didn't have much time to film and edit. Which is why it looked rushed :/


Thanks, I hope so. Really liked your video and wanted to just give you a friendly tip. Next time you want to track an image onto a screen shoot it with the screen off (black) and use screen mode to impose the image over the screen to keep the natural reflections or try playing with opacity of the video or graphic you are using if you don't have overlay modes.



Message 107 of 186 (303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/18/2011
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Firefly Collectibles Contest

Apr 23, 2013

newsense2008 wrote:

oldshooter84 wrote:

newsense2008 wrote:

oldshooter84 wrote:

newsense2008 wrote:

Little Preview

Just a sneak peek!
WOW! Just a picture and I am already excited to see it done Smiley Happy
Good luck to you!

 


Thanks! Due to the deadline it's not going to have any of the action shots I wanted. If I had a little more time I could have gotten extra actors, and due to the audio quality of the on camera mic there is no speech. I don't know if I have a chance with all the other entries since I like them all more than mine so far. Good luck to everyone, great job all around!


I'm sure you'll have a good chance Smiley Wink

Had the same problem with my video

I didn't have much time to film and edit. Which is why it looked rushed :/


Thanks, I hope so. Really liked your video and wanted to just give you a friendly tip. Next time you want to track an image onto a screen shoot it with the screen off (black) and use screen mode to impose the image over the screen to keep the natural reflections or try playing with opacity of the video or graphic you are using if you don't have overlay modes.


Thanks for the tip Smiley Very Happy

I had tried to start off the beginning with the tv background black and fade in but the black around the Last of us Clip was brighter and looked unatural when tracking in. I guess I could have feathered it or messed with the brightness and contrast.
Maybe I'll try to redo the editing when I have some free time. I probably need to redo the voiceovers Smiley Frustrated

Message 108 of 186 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/23/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Firefly Collectibles Contest

Apr 23, 2013

I love Naughty Dog. This is my entry for the firefly contest. Thank you for giving us this opportunity. I can't wait until the games release. June needs to get here faster. PSN: KayLenks

 

 

 


Message 109 of 186 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: The Last of Us Firefly Collectibles Contest

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

KayLenks: Very nice job on this. I really like it.

Message 110 of 186 (270 Views)
0 Likes