Highlighted
Apr 14 2012
By: trfdffrth Splicer 46 posts

The Last of Us Multiplayer Ideas?

125 replies 3396 views Edited Apr 14, 2012

I was thinking up of ways that we could help improve The Last of Us before it even comes out (Beta Included), and as an avid gamer, I think it is up to us, the players, to put forth our ideas to help them make for us the best multiplayer experiance possible. So, if you have ANY ideas about the multiplayer aspect of the game, please don't be affraid to post. I would like to draw as much of Naughty Dog's attention to us as possible, so SPEAK UP

The ND Gamer,
                                                                 trfdffrth (Don't Ask)
Message 1 of 126 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Re: The Last of Us Multiplayer Ideas?

Apr 14, 2012

One thing that I know MANY people want is a completely co-op version of the story-line, which I doubt will be left out. In fact, when I heard about the idea of this game,I went, "Hmm. This thing has got to have a completely co-op version. Its just GOT to happen, with these two equally important characters side by side."

I could also see you, in some ways, copying UC3's basic game types, like Team Deathmatch, Team Objective, Three Team Deathmatch, Free For All, and Plunder, except dividing the types into Mutant Deathmatch and Human Team Deathmatch. You get it?

Another thing that I noticed is that maybe, just maybe, you could do kind of what UC3 did with the Co-Op Hunter Arena, with about five survivers and five mutants having a TD.

Wow. My ideas are just popping up out of nowhere.

Message 2 of 126 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Also, I must say that I highly hated this in UC3, so it should be changed. When Custom Gaming, we should not be limited to the amount of players that are defaultly picked in random searches, or Find Game option, however you would like to call it. We should have as many people as we want.

Message 3 of 126 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Apr 14, 2012

To keep this up, I will name special things that I think either could be modified/added or carried on from UC3. Here's my list:

Carry on:

• Something similar to the Treasure Hunter's Club
  • Power Plays
  • Buddy System
  • Weapon Swaps
  • Grenades
  • Stealth Kills/Punches/Pull Downs
  • Boosters
  • Skins
  • A Unique Co-Op Only Story
  • Leaderboards
  • Inviting Friends

Modified/New Ideas:

• Should probably have scattered ammunition (for guns) and food (for money)
  • (Only if it is going to be rated M) The use of a knife (Especially in special melee hits, like stealth)
  • (Only when mutated) Cananolism gets you this game's equivilent of medals.
  • Cinema Mode should be improved
  • Be able to, in Cinema Mode, post the video on your hard drive/flash drive/Youtube Account without editing
  • Should have ability of recording single player in Cinema Mode (Thus make it inexclusive for Multiplayer)
  • In Custom Gaming, We should have the option of a few mutants running around in Human Modes and vise versa (Just for extra Points and Money)
  • A person's profile should include the number of games exited before end
  • Randomly have night, day, and weather changes in the Maps

Any more Ideas/Objections. POST

Message 4 of 126 (3,396 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1189 posts

Apr 14, 2012

If the gunplay and melee are solid enough, i dont see why the game couldnt have a straight up PvP, 'Scavenger Vs. Scavenger' mode. Of course whats really expected is multiple players fighting waves of AI enemies, my only suggestion to ND here is that they give us a straight up Survival mode with an unlimited amount of waves that get harder and harder (enemy damage and health could multiply like in Gears of War Hoard Mode, that would be cool). Please dont arbitrarily stick survival in with other modes like in UC3, sometimes we just want to fight enemies, and sometimes we want to do an objective, let us choose ourselves.

Oh yeah, and better character customisation please, the options in UC3 are pretty weak (why no hair? Why such a limited amount of stuff to choose from? Why no female Treasure Hunter?).

Message 5 of 126 (3,396 Views)
Survivor
2838 posts

Apr 17, 2012

trfdffrth wrote:

One thing that I know MANY people want is a completely co-op version of the story-line, which I doubt will be left out. In fact, when I heard about the idea of this game,I went, "Hmm. This thing has got to have a completely co-op version. Its just GOT to happen, with these two equally important characters side by side."

Another thing that I noticed is that maybe, just maybe, you could do kind of what UC3 did with the Co-Op Hunter Arena, with about five survivers and five mutants having a TD.

Wow. My ideas are just popping up out of nowhere.

Similarly, I like how Left4Dead does their Co-Op Missions. It'd be like if each Uncharted 3 Co-Op Adventure were a "Round" of the overall Co-Op Mission, a seamless adventure where there's an ultimate ending and score.

I'd love to have that (maybe not as long as it would take to go through every Co-Op Adventure mission, but similar in style to that)

Also, I also love what Uc3 did with Co-Op Hunters.

Again, it reminds me of Lef4Dead, where there are special zombies for the Mutant team, grunt zombies, and a defending humans team.

Similar to Co-Op Hunters with special upgradeable human soldiers, grunt soldiers, and humans defending.

I'd definitely love to have this as a MP compononet of Last of Us. Forget TDM or anything like that, have Co-Op like this firstly

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 6 of 126 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Apr 18, 2012

Just Co-op Modes thank you like survival or objectives..Competitive meh

Message 7 of 126 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Gekidami, I LOVE your idea for Survival Mode. They should allow both straight survival and objective survival.

As far as the characters go, I really hope that the Single-player mode has a variety of different enemies to back up the multiplayer selection, instead of just one type. Probably too high of a number, but if they had as many player selections as there are enemies in Resident Evil 4, you would not often find an identically skinned player.

Message 8 of 126 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Apr 19, 2012

I have noticed that some of you are very interested in just having a mostly Co-Op view on this, and I just wanted to say that ever since I started playing UC3, I noticed that every time I went to find a game on a Competitive Mode, such as TDM or DO, I mannaged to find matches right away. In Co-Op, it took about five minutes to find one person. That tells me that many people prefer Competitive over Co-Op.

With that in mind, we should ready LoS (That's my new abbreviation for The Last of Us) with a good group of Competitive modes. That is, at least what I think.

Message 9 of 126 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Apr 19, 2012

PS. Tell me if this is a good idea. I want your input.

Should there be, like the map selection on UC3, the majority rule selection of the the type of style in the Surviver vs Surviver / Mutant vs Mutant on whether to do one or the other? Think hard, because I would like to know not just about what you would think, but actually all the players.

Message 10 of 126 (3,396 Views)
0 Likes