Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: The Last of Us Multiplayer Ideas?

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

X_Skynet_X wrote:

I Agree with the post of joelio13 100% Smiley Indifferent

Well said.

Thank you. And to iqbal62455: I'm not trying to say only have TDM, I just mean having a little gimicky multiplayer mode be the main component, it will not last long or hold up compared to other titles. These unique modes that people have thought of should be game types (like CTF, etc. in other titles). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 82 of 126 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5373 posts

Jan 2, 2013
Just a generic idea taken from Playstation All-Stars; how about a No Quitting Streak XP bonus? Players are rewarded bonus XP for not quitting games, and with each successive bonus, the amount of XP multiplies.

Just thought that was a great mechanic to discourage quitting.
Message 83 of 126 (494 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1121 posts

Jan 2, 2013

DaveedT13 wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

I really like the DayZ kind of gameplay style that someone else mentioned. DayZ has an awesome feel to it and with the graphics and playing style of The Last of Us - that would have incredibly awesome potential.

I think DayZ is along the lines of what I described in my message above this one.  Some rumors suggest that the multiplayer of TLoU could be similar in gameplay...here's hoping for those rumors to be TRUE!!!  Smiley Happy

Not a chance, the engine they're using doesnt support a persistent world, let alone an open one. This'll be team A vs team B at its base with other modes. Going on about open world stuff is just a waste of time.

Message 84 of 126 (484 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Gekidami wrote:

DaveedT13 wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

I really like the DayZ kind of gameplay style that someone else mentioned. DayZ has an awesome feel to it and with the graphics and playing style of The Last of Us - that would have incredibly awesome potential.

I think DayZ is along the lines of what I described in my message above this one.  Some rumors suggest that the multiplayer of TLoU could be similar in gameplay...here's hoping for those rumors to be TRUE!!!  Smiley Happy

Not a chance, the engine they're using doesnt support a persistent world, let alone an open one. This'll be team A vs team B at its base with other modes. Going on about open world stuff is just a waste of time.

We're talking about a small enclosed arena in a survival type fashion. Not a giant open world map, just one like a city, mountain, forest, or countryside in which you play as long as you want survivng against weather, infected, hunters, and other players.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 85 of 126 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

To people suggesting about a DayZ kind of multiplayer, well, they won't get it.

The most they can do is do it RDR style:

Seperate it from competitive/co-op (matches) and have like the world of TLoU and 8 players in one session/server and have enterable buildings, vehicles and NPCs/AI. But focusing on this and matches (co-op and competitive) would be a huge challenge for ND. Oh, I also forgot that you can create alliances.  (No missions, this is not Rockstar)

Also, please no paid DLC unless it is VERY good, unlike the UC3 ones where you can pay for EVERYTHING.

Finally, changing sessions will not reset your character and unlockables (just like DayZ) because it will happen A LOT if all the players quit or something. When in the MP menu you can choose either to search for matches (like UC3; but only if they get added lol idk) and "free roam sessions"; you can either choose to create one (you can't customize them) or join a session in progress.

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Message 86 of 126 (452 Views)
Sackboy
433 posts

Jan 5, 2013

trfdffrth wrote:
I was thinking up of ways that we could help improve The Last of Us before it even comes out (Beta Included), and as an avid gamer, I think it is up to us, the players, to put forth our ideas to help them make for us the best multiplayer experiance possible. So, if you have ANY ideas about the multiplayer aspect of the game, please don't be affraid to post. I would like to draw as much of Naughty Dog's attention to us as possible, so SPEAK UP                                                                                                           The ND Gamer,                                                                  trfdffrth (Don't Ask)

I honestly hope Naughty Dog doesn't take ideas.  Thats what they did with U3 and look at that pile of poop of a game.  Hopefully if ND hasn't learned by now how to make a multiplayer and if they fail with this they should stick to single player.  ND don't listen to people, it ruins games.

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 87 of 126 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jan 5, 2013

why not some objective game modes where its people defending their version of ellie attakers are the infected attakers respawn defenders dont

Message 88 of 126 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10729 posts

Jan 5, 2013
If the multiplayer has low health, there should only be objective type playlists. If there were just kill based modes, camping will be everywhere

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 89 of 126 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I would hope for a hunger game gameplay in which you start out with a weapon such as handguns with little or without ammo, daggers, or just medic supplies and you would have to scavenge for other suplies needed and have one partner to help you out

Message 90 of 126 (1,757 Views)
0 Likes