Message 91 of 126 (1,598 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9007 posts

Re: The Last of Us Multiplayer Ideas?

Jan 14, 2013

Keviinoo12 wrote:

Humans vs. Mutants

This can definately work in a co-op environment, but not in a competitive environment.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 92 of 126 (1,596 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I think the Online should be just like Dayz just a big open map with survials and the infected, and you just have to fight to survive against other surviers and aganist the infected. pluse you have to find all your weapons and supplies to survive.

Message 93 of 126 (1,511 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Also, they could add objectives to that gameplay i.e., scavenge for auto parts to fix a car and escape to a new city, and the game could continue from there. Just imagine, someone is carrying that tire that you need, and you have two options; kill them or trade for something. Your choices can affect you in many ways.
Message 94 of 126 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 18, 2013

animal_COOKIES wrote:

I think at most they should only have Co-op and nothing more when it comes to multiplayer. Survival games like this don't need any mulitplayer, and Co-op if done incorrectly could take out the surviving aspect with OP weapons and such. I would be happy to see this game stay single player only honestly.

Exactly!

Why would a survival game such as this need a multiplayer, especially a versuses style multiplayer? This isn't Left 4 Dead or anything similar.

It might make sense to have a co-op campaign multiplayer, but it would have to be very carefully done to avoid wrecking the atmosphere and the feel of the campaign.

I don't much care if the game has any sort of VS multiplayer as that is not a concern of mine at all. I am looking forward to the story, the plot, the gameplay, the atmosphere, and the general feel of the survival/stealth/adventure/action.

If I want to play a VS type multiplayer there are games for that.

Fifty-four Forty or Fight!!!!!
Message 95 of 126 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9007 posts

Feb 18, 2013
^ I hate the argument "this game doesn't need multiplayer"

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 96 of 126 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 18, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

A co-op multiplayer would be neat, but what would be achived by a "humans vs mutants" COD style death match multiplayer. It would just seem cheap and repetitive because just about every game under the sun has done it.

Think about a story driven game, any of the Max Payne games, how would you make that multiplayer?

Message 97 of 126 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Feb 18, 2013

FiftyFourForty wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

A co-op multiplayer would be neat, but what would be achived by a "humans vs mutants" COD style death match multiplayer. It would just seem cheap and repetitive because just about every game under the sun has done it.

Think about a story driven game, any of the Max Payne games, how would you make that multiplayer?

You would play Max Payne 3, which actually does have a multiplayer.

Message 98 of 126 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9007 posts

Feb 18, 2013
^LOL got'm

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 99 of 126 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 18, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

FiftyFourForty wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

You would play Max Payne 3, which actually does have a multiplayer.

Okay, wow, well I never knew it had a multiplayer. I played and beat the campaign and I guess I never paid attention to the multiplayer. Although in all honesty I didn't pay much attention to the main menu since I loaded the campaign and played the game, pausing it when I was away and resuming when I wanted to resume. I never even noticed a multiplayer option.

So how does Max Payne 3 multiplayer work? I hope it isn't a half-dozen Max Paynes trying to kill each other, that would seem lame.

Message 100 of 126 (328 Views)
0 Likes