Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Re: The Last of Us Multiplayer Ideas?

Apr 28, 2012

Hope they have a fun multiplayer component. I'm looking forward to this game.

Message 21 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

May 2, 2012

TLOU should just focus on single player and Co-op nothing more, i just don't see competitive work in this game...http://files.g4tv.com/rimg_606x0/ImageDb3/293131_l/the-last-of-us-screenshots.jpg

Message 22 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

May 3, 2012

Absolutely no competitive. Co-op only. TLoU is a survival game, not a shooter.

Message 23 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

May 8, 2012

Okay, I think that if there is a team deathmatch mode it should go soething like this:

Load outs:

There should be no kickbacks, or weapon loadouts. There would be 3 booster slots with slot locked boosters.

Close combat weapons:

There would be weapons lieing around the map in abundance, frying pans, baseball bats, brooms, hammers (the tool not the gun), ect. Each weapon would kill the enemy in 1-3 and would break after 7-11 hits.

Guns:

There should be 2 para 9s on each map, 1 wes 44 the wes would be a one hit kill and would have 3 bullets, the paras would be a 3-7 hit kill depending on were your shooting and would have 18 bullets. one out of every 3 or so maps would have a shot gun which would be like the wes with less distance but 8 bullets, and one out of every 5 or so maps would have an AK-47 which would be a 1-3 hit kill and would have 20 or so bullets. There might also be a grenade on 1 out of every 7 maps, grenades would do way more damage in TLoU than in U3 and they would destroy the environment. 

Melee:

Melee should be a 3-5 hit kill and it would be random there would be weapons on the map that would decrease the number of hits needed such as: knife, steal fists, and 2 by 4s. Maybe one of the boosters could reduce you melee attack by 1.

Heath:

Heath should be like Uncharted 3 just guns do more damage and melee does less, I also think it should take longer to heal, and maybe there could be items that would help you heal quicker (e.g: shots).

Environment:

I think the environment should be like it is in Battle field, where only %10 isn't destructible. I also think that if you're punching someone next to a window or damaged wall, that to finish them off you would throw them through the window, or wall.

I really hope ND considers my idea, as at least I think it sounds really fun.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
-Ezekiel 25:17
Message 24 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

May 9, 2012

If this game haves competitive it shouldn't be like Uncharted MP...Humans vs Infected or something like that, still Co-op would work better.

Message 25 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
250 posts

May 12, 2012

No No No No No No and did I mention No to competitive multiplayer in the last of us.

Some Co-op Ideas I have

.Survival for upto 4 players ... Survival would ideally have unlimited rounds of Infected .. the infected would become progressively stronger after each round .. guns would feature heavily in this mode.. an xp system could be used to buy ammo and weapon upgrades..you would earn xp through killing the Infected or for reviving team mates , giving team mates ammo etc ,Maps would need to be large as in Uncharted 3 Co-op adventure large ,boosters can be bought in game such as Endurance , Regeneration, Double Health ,but all boosters would reset should you be killed , this mode whilst looking a bit like CoD zombies would be much better and more fun.

Message 26 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

May 12, 2012

As long as they don't include MP trophies/achievements in the game, I don't care what kind of MP it has.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 16, 2012

im definitely getting this game and i would love if this game had competitive multiplayer, because it adds so much more hours of gameplay and id love if it was similar to uncharted, of course with new modes and other new stuff but at the same time keeping it simple kinda like uc2...

Message 28 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

May 23, 2012

I really wish ND would release details about the multiplayer side of the game. I'm eager to play a multiplayer game that isn't just going round maps shooting other players.

Message 29 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

May 27, 2012

calcunnon wrote:

I really wish ND would release details about the multiplayer side of the game. I'm eager to play a multiplayer game that isn't just going round maps shooting other players.

While I agree that his game should have co-op and nothing more...I think if they took the idea the recent RE game had and still have a "humans vs humans" standard but making the infected a variable during a match or whatever. It wouldn't be user controlled, it would be AI. I don't know how you would balance that but it would shake up the typical "These guys vs Zombie Horde" junk. I'm honestly super effing tired of zombies....

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 30 of 126 (297 Views)
0 Likes