Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: The Last of Us Multiplayer Ideas?

May 27, 2012

Multiplayer would be an interesting idea, no doubt ND has thought of it. But it would be completely different from UC3 multiplayer (in my opinion). The only true multiplayer idea I have is based off of Nazi Zombies and that's already been used up. Though a Co-Op mode, whether based off the story or a side-story is definitely viable.

Message 31 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4301 posts

May 28, 2012

I think this game could stand on it's own two feet, without Multiplayer.

Just my 2 cents.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 32 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

May 28, 2012

Wasn't it already confirmed this game will have no multiplayer?

Message 33 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

May 31, 2012

I think that if Naughty Dog did something with the survivors vs. survivors, or the infected vs. survivors, that would be kind of cool. They could have like a Capture the Flag game mode where survivors would have to try to steal the needed supplies from the other survivors, you know? And of course, co-op play with Ellie and Joel. They wouldn't even have to make it Co-op campaign, they could do something like Uncharted did, where it's Co-op Adventure, instead of playing the actual campaign. I think multiplayer could really add a new element to this game, and make it even more great than it already is going to be. What do you guys think of these ideas?

Message 34 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

May 31, 2012

There is still time. I think that if Naughty Dog has good reasons to make multiplayer, then why not? If they are up for it, they would, but I wouldn't mind no multiplayer and an excellent campaign that I surely am expecting from a great company like ND.

Message 35 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2156 posts

Jun 2, 2012

i was under the impression that this was only a single player game but if it is multiplayer it would be a must buy for me

http://freeps4gameslegal.blogspot.com/

Message 36 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 6, 2012

how about, something different. I hesitate to say it, but try to force something like the hunger games, where you just try to survive, and you can make buddies, and then stab them in the back... or simply just work together to survive through junk.

Message 37 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Jun 6, 2012

I don't think we will have a competitive mutiplayer for last of us, because it would be almost like a uncharted clone, However i do think we will have co op.

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 38 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1996 posts

Jun 6, 2012

Co-op is a possibility, but I would not count on it. Also, competitive multiplayer seems kind of silly for this game.

Message 39 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9839 posts

Jun 6, 2012

sQuiiDx wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

I really wish ND would release details about the multiplayer side of the game. I'm eager to play a multiplayer game that isn't just going round maps shooting other players.

While I agree that his game should have co-op and nothing more...I think if they took the idea the recent RE game had and still have a "humans vs humans" standard but making the infected a variable during a match or whatever. It wouldn't be user controlled, it would be AI. I don't know how you would balance that but it would shake up the typical "These guys vs Zombie Horde" junk. I'm honestly super effing tired of zombies....

Photobucket Ladders, Tournaments, Prizes for Free Hosted by FraggedNation! Click Here!

The gameplay looks a lot slower paced than Uncharted, so I think anything outside the realm of co-op may be a little too much. 

Not only that, the shooting mechanics don't seem too top notch, like it's done on purpose to add to the difficulty of their survival. 

It feels pretty close to launch, and there hasn't been a beta yet so I doubt there will be.

I hope there's really sweet co-op though, because this game has a lot of potential. 

Message 40 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes