Well for one, I want it to take a different direction.
The multiplayer would be set on giant maps with exploration based gameplay. Up to 100 players can play on the same map at the same time. You can start clans, make foundations, find over 100 supplies and create a vast amount of items and weapons, and basically explore for missions and objectives. This mode will have 3 different alliances each with different looks and gameplay styles. Within this mode you can take over key territories for supplies and missions. For example, you and a group of friends are trying to take over a hospital for supplies that would help your alliance out. Successfully capturing territories and completing missions would earn your alliance points that adds to one universal scoreboard. At the end of every month, the alliance with the most points gets rewarded with special items and experience points. You can level up your character and customize him with over 1000 options of clothing and accessories.
There will be other modes within this open world experience. Simple modes like Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag(or capture something else lol) will be there. There will also be action pack modes like Warground that is essential a 30 vs 30 Team Deathmatch based on levels and events from the Singleplayer(like Infected attacking, etc.).
IMO, this multiplayer idea would have a load of problems and it would be plundered by lag. But if they could get passed that then this would be awesome.
This idea perfectly suits the game. I suggested something like this (based on Day Z mod for Arma II) in another tread... but 100 players is to much! But i think something near 50 is possible.
They should hav one mode that its just a basic teamdeath match but at the same time there is those infected things running around the map attacking people. So you have to watch your back with one or more thing. That would be fun. Another mode you can have it really realistic. One life, you barley hav any bullets and yu hav to go through bulidings looking for some and you have to try to survive against other players online and also those creatures. Make it like your really trying to survive out there. You can say a survival mode, but not waves of enemies like how they survive in story mode.
NO COMPETITIVE, PLEASE! Keep this away from Uncharted as possible.
If this game has to have an online component, which it is confirmed, then here is what I think:
Different Co-op modes( Up to 8 PLAYERS!!!!!!)
Survival Mode(Survivors): 8 players
Just like CoD zombies, there should be unlimited rounds. But to spice things up I have some interesting features.
- A map is chosen, but it is not like a regular style map. It is a whole city where you can unlock doors through certain houses and buildings.
- Interchange between Militia//Hunters/Infected through different rounds. This should keep things interesting into what will happen next round.
- Respond every round if not revived.
- Able to go to a train station. You could find parts of the train to rebuild it and ride to another part of the city.
- Something really cool I had in mind is that if you get bitten by a Clicker, then you will become infected. However, the screen does not tell you that you are infected, you have to assume it. This is determined by listening to your character either coughing/sneezing/facial details/ and notice in your health bar significantly lowering. The only cure are these special medicines that you have it find throughout the city. If all 8 players are infected, you lose.
Survival Mode(Hunters): 8 players
- Same with the survival mode up above but instead of fighting through the enemies listed above, you can only fight through Militia/Infected/the tourist.
- Same rules above applies.
Story based Co-op adventures:
that are based on different characters throughout the Last of Us story timeline. These adventures are different missions that make up a story. The final retail game should have not only 6 missions. Maybe 10-20 then more incoming on DLC. These missions should be up to 4 players.
Also this game should be:
A.) 3D Compatible
B.) SimulView Compatible
I know this seems like alot, but hey, these are just ideas right. Whatever ND had in mind I'm pretty sure it will be fun and epic!
Thats is completely true, I'm buying this game whatsoever, but I really don't want to pay $60's for a "1 time game only", when I finish the Campaign/Story mode, I want to have something to back it up so I don' have to end the expierience, thats where the multiplayer comes in. Knowing that Naughty Dog said that this is going to be the largest multiplayer so far, I'm pretty excited for the multiplayer, I'm already hooked with the singleplayer.
So all this talk of Power Plays and Kickbacks really is futile. Just be prepared for something very different.
All of these reasons are why people want co-op more than competitive. It's not a 'survival' game if you're just gunning down everything you see and then respawning when you die.
And competitive has more players in Uncharted because it's greatly suited to that sort of game, so it's fun. TLoU doesn't really suit it, so that why people are excited for co-op.