jkh
Splicer
74 posts

Re: The Last of Us Multiplayer Ideas?

Aug 18, 2012
Stop!!!! Uncharted 3 is garbage man!!! The online is broken and trash I don't want the last of us to be like uncharted at all AT ALL!!!! Ok!!! Jeez these ideas or horrible so bad I don't even feel like going into specifics
Message 71 of 126 (456 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Aug 24, 2012

I recently posted this in another multiplayer forum for the Last Of Us, and I'm not sure if a similar idea has been posted here, but I hope Naughty Dog does something completely different from Uncharted 2 and 3's multiplayer. While they were both great, it would not fit this game. What I am hoping for is a DayZ type multiplayer. Players inhabit a large(not as large as DayZ, but preferably large and open world so you won't run into somebody every second) and open world that is filled with the Infected, other players, and even the different types of AI controlled factions. Weapons and ammunition are scarce, melee weapons are more prominent, etc. I don't believe it needs a hunger and thirst meter but yes. It is all about survival. If you disconnect with four bullets, cloth wrappings, and alcohol, you will have those items when you reconnect instead of starting over. I believe this would be an extremely intense and enjoyable multiplayer.

Message 72 of 126 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Dec 26, 2012
It's been confirmed the other way around. LOL
Message 73 of 126 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5482 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Nothing of the sort had been confirmed. ND hasn't even mentioned if we'll be getting competitive, co-op or both. There's no need to make stuff up.
Message 74 of 126 (359 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Err, just want to throw this out there real quick but when ND said they didn't want co-op they just meant in campaign( Joel and Elli ) right? So I guess I could see a completely different campaign made for co-op....Smiley Indifferent

@.@

Message 75 of 126 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

Dec 29, 2012
*Ellie

I hope for a game mode where nobody has supplies and weapons and such are real game changers: so a hunger games type mode.

Also: Objective Based games are my personal favorite, but a purposely broken deathmatch to get more players to play objective based modes.

A Scavenger Mode: You spawn with a team you can trust, and scavenge for supplies. Bring supplies to your base. First team to 20 supplies wins.
There are a mere 20-30 supplies, so stealing from other's bases are necessary. 15-20 supplies (food and other stuff in backpacks, sacs, etc.)
3 rounds.
Sig Code:
Message 76 of 126 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 30, 2012

How about a survival mode where players have the option to search for infected and instead of killing them you or your group could incapacitate them and inject them with a cure.  Possibly having to scavenge for supplies to make nets, traps, etc.  This assumes there is a cure provided in the main story line.

Having a score bonus based along the lines of morale or possibly unlocking gear based on your chosen play style. More storage space or carrying capacity in a backpack or more ammo capacity, more brutal hand to hand combos - you see where I'm going with this....

Message 77 of 126 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

It just needs to be a basic team deathmatch at the core of multiplayer. All these other ideas are nice but could never hold their own as the complete multiplayer experience. Of course there needs to be other gamemodes, etc. but regular team deathmatch needs to be the heart of this part of the game. That being said, it needs to be very grounded in the style/tone of the main campaign. The fights need to be intense and difficult like the fight in the E3 demo. To do this there will need to be scavenging, and most importantly, consequences for dying. Otherwise people will just rush into every fight and it will turn into just some generic MP. Long respawn times, negative points, etc. would discourage people (of course some will still play it like COD) from playing it like any other game.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 78 of 126 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Dec 30, 2012

joelio13 wrote:

It just needs to be a basic team deathmatch at the core of multiplayer. All these other ideas are nice but could never hold their own as the complete multiplayer experience. Of course there needs to be other gamemodes, etc. but regular team deathmatch needs to be the heart of this part of the game. That being said, it needs to be very grounded in the style/tone of the main campaign. The fights need to be intense and difficult like the fight in the E3 demo. To do this there will need to be scavenging, and most importantly, consequences for dying. Otherwise people will just rush into every fight and it will turn into just some generic MP. Long respawn times, negative points, etc. would discourage people (of course some will still play it like COD) from playing it like any other game.

No, no. I think most of us had enough with team deathmatch being the core of multiplayer, what we're looking for in this game is a brand new, fresh multiplayer. These ideas are excellent, and could definitely hold out a very fun, and unique multiplayer, which is what most people are looking for in TLOU. 

Message 79 of 126 (282 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Spectulating that it will be a competitive multiplayer, I think scavenging should play a large role in multiplayer, but weapons should not be placed around the map, unless every match they have a different location, with no repetitive pattern. Why? Because the second ever match starts there will be a race for the best weapons, which will overall **bleep** many players off. So how do we solve this? Well when you play your first multiplayer match you have no weapons, or supplies. As you play you can either find supplies throughout the map, which are very hard and rare to find, or earn cash and buy them off the black market for a large price. Once you have enough supplies, you can craft a weapon, and be able to use it whenever you want in several matches untill you die. This will create a great consequence for dying, with a weapon.

Message 80 of 126 (279 Views)
0 Likes