Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 30 2013
By: MeNtAl_GaMiNg_X First Son 4 posts

The Last of Us Multiplayer Prediction: DayZ Style?

6 replies 696 views Edited Apr 30, 2013

Hey, so we all know that The Last of Us is going to have a multiplayer mode as it was confirmed with the pre-order pack. A few months ago as well Naughty Dog stated that The Last of Us will have a completely different and revamped multiplayer experience, but it wont impact the true single player experience (I lost the link of the post, it was on IGN or something). Since TLOU is based around a Survival, Post Apocolyptic world is it possible they may add random loot spawns around the world, a few real life threats like hunger, thirst, temperate, (if they're not already implemented into single player) and microphone access only for proximity and possibly create a game like DayZ for consoles? im not sure, i thought about this before and it may be true as a DayZ type multiplayer would suit this game. Tell me your opinions in the comments down Below.

Message 1 of 7 (696 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
604 posts

Re: The Last of Us Multiplayer Prediction: DayZ Style?

Apr 30, 2013

Highly unlikely. Sorry to poop in your cornflakes bud. That kind of game style is fairly detached from the core mechanics of the story mode, and had it been the case they'd probably have to spend more time making the multiplayer than the story itself.

As much as we'd all love this idea, running amuck with friend's over headsets, determining whether or not to kill that lonely survivor over the hill, who is responsible for carrying the flashlight batteries and food - all of that would be AMAZING. But the sheer scale of it all is too much for a standard multiplayer.

Don't expect this kind of multiplayer because your hopes will probably be shot down. I'm assuming it'll be very similar to the norm of multiplayer, standard game modes, xp and poor servers blah blah blah.

Message 2 of 7 (691 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 30, 2013

yeah i mean i guess your right, i had the strongest feeling it was wrong but i just wanted to share my opinion on the forums to see what other people though. I'm really curious of what they're going to do with multiplayer, they most likely wont do a regular TPS shooter with team deathmatch.

Message 3 of 7 (687 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I'd love it to be like a smaller version of DayZ but it's unlikely :smileysad:

I just hope it's not going to be standard objective based MP.

Message 4 of 7 (654 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

Sorry to poop in your cornflakes 

LOL is this an actual expression where you live??

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 5 of 7 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9030 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

Don't expect this kind of multiplayer because your hopes will probably be shot down. I'm assuming it'll be very similar to the norm of multiplayer, standard game modes, xp and poor servers blah blah blah.

I'm assuming you're not excited for multiplayer?

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 6 of 7 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Apr 30, 2013
From what we've seen on the game files, it's not going to be standard. It's also not going to be like DayZ.
Message 7 of 7 (626 Views)