Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 23 2013
By: Karlobsterrific First Son 10 posts

The Last of Us: No Return (Short Film Trailer)

10 replies 269 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

TLOU thumbnail.jpg

Hello there! I'm Karlobster an aspiring filmmaker, well, more like a hobby filmmaker and I am a huge fan of Naughty Dog, all the games they have made and right now, I am really hyped for The Last of Us. I am so hyped that I with the help of my friends, for the past couple of weeks, are producing a short film based on the universe of The Last of Us! Yeah, we've all heard of the What Remains film and how awesome its going to be but we just love the game so much! Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SO90utvFQT8

I believe that after watching that trailer that it is obvious that we are not professional filmmakers, we are not in film school. In fact we are of the medical spectrum of things. This is a totally zero budget film with only my friends as crew and cast. I'll be releasing the film at the end of May right before the month of The Last of Us! So yeah, I hope at least some of you may be interested in another The Last of Us fan film. :smileyvery-happy:

We hope we could develop this into a web series, since a lot of my friends became interested in the project. And I would like to hear some feedback and suggestions before I finalize the film if possible. And we've also figured out how to do Clicker prosthetics (But that's for next ep). The Special FX artist of What Remains told us the process!

If anyone from Naughty Dog is reading this, then awesome! And I love you guys so much, keep making great games!

Message 1 of 11 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Re: The Last of Us: No Return (Short Film Trailer)

Apr 23, 2013
Thats was awesome considering your not professional film makers. I can't wait to see what the clickers look like
Message 2 of 11 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Apr 23, 2013
You know what. That actually didn't look bad at all. It didn't look amateurish at all. It looks low budget obviously but it looks like you know what your doing in terms of the camera angles and stuff. And even the acting is pretty good from what I saw
Message 3 of 11 (245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 23, 2013
Well, the clickers are unfortunately not appearing in the first part since we weren't able to get the headpiece down. We're in pre production for a next part where we'll use the headpiece we produced! Thanks for watching!
Message 4 of 11 (233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks for nice feedback! Well, we tried our best nailing down the scenes despite the little most of us know about proper filmmaking. I have been filming for fun for about 1-2 years now but not really delving into theory and techniques too much. Just what feels okay I guess XD
Message 5 of 11 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Good work, the motion graphics on that aren't bad at all. Pretty well edited, too. It might be worth searching for some slightly better stock music though, parts of that one sounded a bit cheesy to me.

I look forward to seeing the final product.

Message 6 of 11 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 23, 2013
I agree with you on that! It does sound a little bit on the cliched horror movie side XD Though I have a friend that's going to make music akin to the track in TLOU for the final :smileyhappy:
Message 7 of 11 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Thanks again for the feedback you guys!

Message 8 of 11 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
868 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Karlobsterrific wrote:
Well, the clickers are unfortunately not appearing in the first part since we weren't able to get the headpiece down. We're in pre production for a next part where we'll use the headpiece we produced! Thanks for watching!

Are the Clickers the only thing you guys are doing as far as the Infected goes? No Runners?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 11 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Why is everyone so clean?

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 10 of 11 (111 Views)
0 Likes