Jun 25 2013
By: HarrisGalloway First Son 15 posts

The Last of Us Platinum Trophy

4 replies 682 views Edited Jun 25, 2013
Hi guys,
I am just about to finish my first play through of The Last of Us on normal mode. I have enjoyed the game so much that I have decided to go for my first ever platinum trophy for it. I was wondering whether completing only the last mission on each difficulty using chapter select will unlock the difficulty trophy for each? (If I finish the last mission on survivor will I get all the difficulty trophies?)
I hope to also replay the game on normal + so as to find all collectibles, hear all Ellie's jokes and open all shiv doors etc. Again, will completing only the last mission on each difficulty + unlock each difficulty + trophy? (If I finish the last mission on survivor + will I get all the difficulty + trophies?). -Try to bear with me I know this is complicated. Sorry!-
If not then I will have to complete the game on normal +, survivor and survivor + right?
Not such a bad thing though as a) this game is amazing and b) I will be able to fully upgrade the guns and Joel!
Any help would be greatly appreciated and try to avoid any possible SPOILERS as I haven't finished the game (yet!)
Thanks again, guys.
PS. Have any of you already got the platinum trophy and if so how did you go about getting it?
"No matter what, you keep finding something to fight for" - Joel, The Last of Us
Message 1 of 5 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Re: The Last of Us Platinum Trophy

Jun 25, 2013
You can't just do the last mission, so yes you have to do Normal+, Survivor then Survivor+.

I have not got the platinum but I need only the Survivor+ trophy and the Hunter trophy

I got all my collectibles, jokes, shiv doors, upgrade trophies, etc on Hard+ after beating Hard. I just finished Survivor and am about to do Survivor+.

The game will probably be easier on Normal+ for you, but Survivor could be quite a jump. You do get used to having no Listen Mode relatively quickly though
Message 2 of 5 (677 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 25, 2013
I am almost done on normal, but for a while in the middle I went down to easy to get more supplies and upgrades, then back up to normal because easy was too, well, easy. Will i still get the normal difficulty trophy for this? And btw have you tried doing only the final mission? From what I have read today survivor sounds really hard so I might have to go through normal + before I jump to survivor.
"No matter what, you keep finding something to fight for" - Joel, The Last of Us
Message 3 of 5 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 25, 2013
I think you might have messed up your difficulty trophy but I'm not 100% positive

Also yes I have tried just doing the final mission and it does not work
Message 4 of 5 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
15 posts

Jun 25, 2013
**bleep** for both of those sentences.
Message 5 of 5 (647 Views)
0 Likes