Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Re: The Last of Us Single Player Is Uncut! (No Censorship)

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

ManatuBear wrote:

I will definitely consider my options before getting any EU version of a Sony published game, since GoW Ascension and TLoU both were censored like this, i guess it will be a trend now.

LAZY SONY! LAZY DEVS!

HOW **bleep** HARD IS IT TO MAKE A GERMANY SPECIFIC VERSION AND LEAVE THE REST OF EUROPE UNCENSORED???

LAZY!

What do you mean by GOW Ascension? I got a EU version, and it's not censored. Not in SP nor MP. I mean... Considering the amount of arms, legs and heads I've chopped of other players, I can't see where it is censored...

Message 11 of 20 (552 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

DiamondDM13 wrote:

ManatuBear wrote:

I will definitely consider my options before getting any EU version of a Sony published game, since GoW Ascension and TLoU both were censored like this, i guess it will be a trend now.

LAZY SONY! LAZY DEVS!

HOW **bleep** HARD IS IT TO MAKE A GERMANY SPECIFIC VERSION AND LEAVE THE REST OF EUROPE UNCENSORED???

LAZY!

What do you mean by GOW Ascension? I got a EU version, and it's not censored. Not in SP nor MP. I mean... Considering the amount of arms, legs and heads I've chopped of other players, I can't see where it is censored...

Check out this website:

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=27757

Message 12 of 20 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

Ramify wrote:

DiamondDM13 wrote:

ManatuBear wrote:

LAZY SONY! LAZY DEVS!

LAZY!

Check out this website:

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=27757

I see. I'll have to check that when I play it again. Though it's not nearly as bad as the MP in TLOU.

Message 13 of 20 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Its interesting how ND simply ignores us.

They simply don't care! The money is already in their wallet, why bother?

Is it that hard to give us an official answer on the why the EU is censored and/or if they plan to do anything about it?

Editor/Organizer
Message 14 of 20 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 22, 2013

ManatuBear wrote:

Its interesting how ND simply ignores us.

They simply don't care! The money is already in their wallet, why bother?

Is it that hard to give us an official answer on the why the EU is censored and/or if they plan to do anything about it?

* game company known for being one of the best game companies spends years on making a game for their fans*

*doesn't care*

Mhhmm, I'm positive that's true.

Oh, by the way, they're releasing a patch at the end of the month(which means they care) and is also releasing 3 DLCs. 

So, stop your ignorant rant because you want to see legs getting blown off(**bleep**?).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 15 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 22, 2013
In case you havent noticed, im not the only one complaining.
Dont call me ignorant, you dont know me, and ignorant is censoring 45 countries because of the laws of one (germany).
Editor/Organizer
Message 16 of 20 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 22, 2013

ManatuBear wrote:
In case you havent noticed, im not the only one complaining.
Dont call me ignorant, you dont know me, and ignorant is censoring 45 countries because of the laws of one (germany).

I never said you were the only one.

Apparently you are ignorant if you're going to go onto a game's forum to insult them and tell them that they don't care when it's not even THEIR fault. 

Blame Germany for this. A game company has little to no control compared to an entire country.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 17 of 20 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 22, 2013

They could easily have done a German specific version, like MANY MANY other developers do.

But they didnt, and they hid it on an interview where they said that the German version was uncensored (hiding that the whole Eu version is censored).

I like ND since Crash Bandicoot, i even bought the season pass. I am not hating the company. I am showing my disappointment in the way they implemented the censorship and refuse to talk about it.

I would like to hear what they have to say about it instead of staying silent and ignoring it.

Is this going to be trend now with Sony published games?

Is it out of lazyness to make a german specific version?

I (and others) want to know!

It feels weird playing a game full of explicit violence and have the MP censored, makes no sense.

Editor/Organizer
Message 18 of 20 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Jul 23, 2013
I don't understand how they would be allowed to show very violent material in single-player, but not in multiplayer. Is it because there is a person controlling the avatar whose legs just got blown off?

What does Call of Duty look like in Germany? I s it like bloodless?
Message 19 of 20 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Aug 8, 2013
Old thread I know, but I wonder if will get this fixed. I have just now been in the SP, to verify if it was completely uncut, and I'm pretty sure it is, as I just blasted of a hunters head, arms and legs with the Shotgun. No more can be done. I wonder if it is possible to dismember them any further in the US version...
Message 20 of 20 (389 Views)
0 Likes