Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

We don't know that Uncharted 4 "isn't coming anytime...

Dec 11, 2011
We don't know that Uncharted 4 "isn't coming anytime soon". Neil Druckmann is Creative DIrector fo this, which leaves Amy Hennig and the other team they have free for Uncharted 4. Just saying.
Displaced NDF individual :smileysad:
Message 21 of 30 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

It's possible we could get Uncharted 4 as early as 2013 i...

Dec 11, 2011

LadyPatience wrote:
We don't know that Uncharted 4 "isn't coming anytime soon". Neil Druckmann is Creative DIrector fo this, which leaves Amy Hennig and the other team they have free for Uncharted 4. Just saying.

It's possible we could get Uncharted 4 as early as 2013 if we say it is already being worked on by the other half of the studio.

Although I think there is a good chance it will be a PS4 launch title. 

Message 22 of 30 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
644 posts

Ellen Page anyone?

Dec 11, 2011

Ellen Page anyone?

Phala1234 Trophy
Message 23 of 30 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
959 posts

I saw the VGAs and my jaw literally fell to the floor whe...

Dec 11, 2011

I saw the VGAs and my jaw literally fell to the floor when I saw "NAUGHTY DOG" after TLoU premiered. I was so excited, yet I was disappointed that there wouldn't be a U4. But then I read the PSBlog article about ND having two teams now and Mr. Druckmann working on it for two years already. :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway, here's my two cents:

1. This had better be in 3rd Person. I hate FPS and the surroundings always look shallow and uninteresting. With a game, nay, dev studio, that can produce such amazing visuals, FPS would kill the emphasis on graphics that ND emphasized in Uncharted and hopefully will in TLoU.

2. Multiplayer/Co-op: While Multiplayer might seem out of the picture for a survival game,  I at least hope this won't just be campaign-only. I think 2 person co-op is a good possiblility with the Ellen/Joel combo seen in the trailer. Competitive multiplayer could work like Resistance, but there looks to be just not enough characters for that to make sense.

3. Linearity: While I hope there is some sort of strong, overarcing narrative ND is known for, I want this game to be open-world. It doesn't necessarily need to be as loose as inFamous, but there should be extra replay value in the SP other than just replaying the story differently like in Uncharted.

4. Release Date: Anything before Fall 2012 seems unlikely, even though ND has the other team that's been working on it for 2+ years. Personally, Summer 2013 sounds good to me. That way, it can win GOTY 2013 and U4 can win GOTY 2014 as a PS4 launch title. :smileyvery-happy: Seriously, though, I really doubt ND is gonna get TLoU finished and out to stores before late 2012. 

TF3:HWS
Message 24 of 30 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1566 posts

who do you guys think we will play as.. Joel or Ellie. I...

Dec 11, 2011

who do you guys think we will play as.. Joel or Ellie. I hope it is both.

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 25 of 30 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

1) Considering how different this game is from Ucnharted,...

Dec 12, 2011

darthgeek8 wrote:

I saw the VGAs and my jaw literally fell to the floor when I saw "NAUGHTY DOG" after TLoU premiered. I was so excited, yet I was disappointed that there wouldn't be a U4. But then I read the PSBlog article about ND having two teams now and Mr. Druckmann working on it for two years already. :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway, here's my two cents:

1. This had better be in 3rd Person. I hate FPS and the surroundings always look shallow and uninteresting. With a game, nay, dev studio, that can produce such amazing visuals, FPS would kill the emphasis on graphics that ND emphasized in Uncharted and hopefully will in TLoU.

2. Multiplayer/Co-op: While Multiplayer might seem out of the picture for a survival game,  I at least hope this won't just be campaign-only. I think 2 person co-op is a good possiblility with the Ellen/Joel combo seen in the trailer. Competitive multiplayer could work like Resistance, but there looks to be just not enough characters for that to make sense.

3. Linearity: While I hope there is some sort of strong, overarcing narrative ND is known for, I want this game to be open-world. It doesn't necessarily need to be as loose as inFamous, but there should be extra replay value in the SP other than just replaying the story differently like in Uncharted.

4. Release Date: Anything before Fall 2012 seems unlikely, even though ND has the other team that's been working on it for 2+ years. Personally, Summer 2013 sounds good to me. That way, it can win GOTY 2013 and U4 can win GOTY 2014 as a PS4 launch title. :smileyvery-happy: Seriously, though, I really doubt ND is gonna get TLoU finished and out to stores before late 2012. 

1) Considering how different this game is from Ucnharted, it wouldn't necessarily surprise me if it was in first person. BUT, like I said before, ND specializes in TPS so I don't think this will be the case. But, at this point, nothing would surprise me, really. However, FPS does offer a level of immersion that is hard to accomplish in third person.

2) Co-Op makes total sense for this game, but for Competitive, I am also skeptical. Unless of course, it's like a theory I mentioned earlier, where you two are actually part of a band of survivors, not just on your own. Then it would make sense, but the thought of what would happen to anybody playing in a teenage girl skin online makes me shudder.

3) ND has already said that they are trying to do something cinematic with this game. Thus, I can only guess that it isn't open-world. You can't really get a cinematic effect (other from a mission-to-mission basis) if you let the player wander around. However, if they could nail an open-world game together with cinematic experience, I would forever hail them as one of, if not the most amazing company ever. 

4) They've already said 2012. Whether that's summer or fall, I don't know, but it's almost guaranteed that it will come out then. ND prides themselves on not missing their release dates, and considering that it would have quite possibly have been in production already for 2+ years, it could be amazing.

And, in a general response to the thread- does anybody think that it'll be the first 'M'-rated Naughty Dog game? The scenes of gore (dripping dead guy, her running straight through blood, fungal-guy headshot) in the announcement trailer and semi-dark teaser trailer (of riots and such) makes me think that we're looking at a much darker game than Uncharted.

Message 26 of 30 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

I'm expecting great things from the 2 main characters, I...

Dec 12, 2011

I'm expecting great things from the 2 main characters, I can already tell I will like them a lot.

As for gameplay, I hope we have some freedom to explore, like having several different routes through the city, even if they ultimately lead to the same goal. Just let us choose how we get from point A to point B and then throw an awesome setpiece at us.

The trailer seems to indicate that we will be scavenging for resources which is great. Having to kill humans that haven't been infected yet just to survive is a great twist. Others will attack you to steal your ammo and you wil have to do the same. Every man (and little girl lol) for himself.

ND will finally have the freedom to go all out with enemy design, I hope the fungus also infected animals turning them into crazy monsters.

Message 27 of 30 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Re: Ellen Page anyone?

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Phala1234 wrote:

Ellen Page anyone?

Ellie Page

Ask and you shall receive. :smileylol:

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 28 of 30 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: The Last of Us Speculation

May 30, 2013
What's up with you writing on really old threads, I mean these are great but it would be a lot better if these weren't on the front page of the threads
Thank you, PicnicViking for my amazing sig (:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 30 (50 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
3364 posts

Re: Ellen Page anyone?

May 30, 2013

Thread locked due to necroposting.

Message 30 of 30 (45 Views)
0 Likes