Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 11 2011
By: TheSuburbanHero Hekseville Citizen 332 posts

The Last of Us Speculation

29 replies 128 views Edited Dec 11, 2011

So. Before I begin, lemme just say- "I CALLED IT!!! :smileyvery-happy:" Not to anybody in the gaming community, specificallly, but overall, as soon as I heard about the easter egg in U3, my guess was that Uncharted 4 (if there is one) will be a PS4 launch title, and The Last of Us would be made by ND. 

But anyway, we know it's probably a third-person action game and it's being penned by the lovely Mizz Henning. But what exactly will it be? Well, my first guess was some type of co-op experience, but somehow, I don't know if society's ready to play as a 14-year-old girl. Still, I believe Naughty Dog's got the ability to do it, if anybody. What do you think? Will we be playing as the girl? As the guy, protecting her? Or will it be a co-op thing? Or maybe these guys are actually secondary characters? I have no idea, but it's gonna be awesome all the same.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2120 posts

You called it. :smileyindifferent::smileytongue: Anyway l...

Dec 11, 2011

You called it. :smileyindifferent::smileytongue:

Anyway looks great.

TLOU_1920x1200

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1387 posts

Zombies + ND = Interest still piqued.

Dec 11, 2011
Nooo to protecting AI...such a chore. And no to FPS. But 2012...that's kinda fast. Sony brought out that whip. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Oh yeah!

Dec 11, 2011

Oh yeah! I forgot one thing. The girl says that it "must have been something", or along those lines. Does this suggest that we're actually a couple generations into this strange future? Any kid these days would know what a busy city street looks like, unless they were completely unaware of outside society. That gives a set up for all kinds of interesting situations like arks, survivor societies, and the like, and would also explain the sheer amount of overgrowth. It would also explain the girl's cold brutality when it comes to killing that guy as well as searching his body without pause.

Also, maybe it's a father-daughter thing?

And finally- the guy they killed, was he normal? I'm guessing so, because he was carrying bullets. So, this may mean that there are hostile human factions out there. This combined with hjdontknow's wonderful full screenshot, I get two situations:

1) They are on their own, trying to survive, and it's a situation similar to Enslaved, where the girl is the fast, long-range character, while the guy is the "tank." 

2) - and I like this option more, 'cause it seems less cliché- They're a souting/recon team. They're from some band of survivors and are out looking for supplies and ammo. It would also give some explanation to this girl's hardened resolve. Sure, maybe she's been doing this for a couple years, but she's so young, it seems kind of unlikely. If she was born in some sort of society in this apocalyptic world, her skill with weapons and survival instincts are no doubt, inherent.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1195 posts

So excited!

Dec 11, 2011

I can't wait to see and hear more about this game. When I saw that ND was the developer of this game, I got really excited. This game looks very good, and it kind of reminded me of Resident Evil (great series), but developed by Naughty Dog which is pretty cool.

It's going to be a breath of fresh air, since I didn't even buy Uncharted 3 after playing the frustrating Subway multiplayer beta and seeing that the singleplayer wasn't really something special, which was a disappointment since I was really looking forward to Uncharted 3 since we first got news about the game.

So yeah, I'll be looking forward to more news about this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

I too hate protecting AI, but FPS? I don't think so. ND s...

Dec 11, 2011

dr_f1ngers wrote:
Nooo to protecting AI...such a chore. And no to FPS. But 2012...that's kinda fast. Sony brought out that whip. :smileyhappy:

I too hate protecting AI, but FPS? I don't think so. ND specializes in TPS games. I feel like they have this experience and wouldn't just up and do something different.

And 2012? I know, and it scares me. I feel like if Uncharted 3 had had one more year, it would have been one of the absolute epitomes of gaming. My only hope is that they've maybe been working on this in the background for years. Hopefully it'll be delayed, but I don't think so. Naughty Dog prides themselves on having never missed a release date.... It still scares me, but hopefully Naughty Dog's got this.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

I really hope it is a co-op game - that'd be friggin bril...

Dec 11, 2011

TheSuburbanHero wrote:

But anyway, we know it's probably a third-person action game and it's being penned by the lovely Mizz Henning. But what exactly will it be? Well, my first guess was some type of co-op experience, but somehow, I don't know if society's ready to play as a 14-year-old girl. Still, I believe Naughty Dog's got the ability to do it, if anybody. What do you think? Will we be playing as the girl? As the guy, protecting her? Or will it be a co-op thing? Or maybe these guys are actually secondary characters? I have no idea, but it's gonna be awesome all the same.

I really hope it is a co-op game - that'd be friggin brill.  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

I know, right? And it's already set up for it! :)

Dec 11, 2011

edhead77 wrote:

TheSuburbanHero wrote:

I really hope it is a co-op game - that'd be friggin brill.  :smileyvery-happy:

I know, right? And it's already set up for it! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2120 posts

Well think about, It took ND a little over 2 years to mak...

Dec 11, 2011

Well think about, It took ND a little over 2 years to make Uncharted 2. Winner of countless Game of the year awards.

So, assuming they were working on it while making Uncharted 3, they can make a good game within that time.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

I guess. The team is, as they've said, much larger than i...

Dec 11, 2011

hjidontknow wrote:

Well think about, It took ND a little over 2 years to make Uncharted 2. Winner of countless Game of the year awards.

So, assuming they were working on it while making Uncharted 3, they can make a good game within that time.

I guess. The team is, as they've said, much larger than it was during Uncharted 2, so to have a sub-team working on it for those two years, and then the full team for one? That makes some sense, I guess. Now I'm just hoping those guys weren't overworked. I definitely don't want another Team Bandai situation.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes