I Only Post Everything
1387 posts

Mooage

Dec 11, 2011
@TheSuburbanHero: It does seem like she was born after whatever it was happened or maybe still a baby as it was happening. Hmm, is he her father? I think it'd be interesting if they weren't related. I also think it'd be cool if we played as the girl. Shake it up, do something different.
Message 11 of 30 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Yeah, me too.   It would be interesting either way, at le...

Dec 11, 2011

dr_f1ngers wrote:
@TheSuburbanHero: It does seem like she was born after whatever it was happened or maybe still a baby as it was happening. Hmm, is he her father? I think it'd be interesting if they weren't related. I also think it'd be cool if we played as the girl. Shake it up, do something different.

Yeah, me too.

It would be interesting either way, at least to me. ND knows how to write a compelling story either way, after all, and it makes little sense that he would be her father anyway.

And YES! Playing as the girl would be interesting! I'm just not sure how people would respond to it. It's not like a JRPG or something where the situations are ridiculous to begin with. This would strike really close to home with some people. Personally, I think it would be awesome, but, I feel like they'd have to tread lightly. Mature themes involving young girls is a sensitive topic for a lot of people. Even subtle things, like dying. If these things are really out to rip you apart, I don't know how people will react to seeing that girl get ripped to shreds. Again, personally, I can handle it because I realize it's just a game. But do you remember people's reactions to the original Dead Island trailer? 

Message 12 of 30 (36 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1387 posts

Mooage

Dec 11, 2011
^ No, I didn't really follow Dead Island stuff. What happened? If oversensitivity is the issue, I'd be ok with playing as the guy. It'd just seem like a missed opportunity to change things up. The trailer did focus more on the girl. Guess that doesn't mean much but here's hoping. Looking forward to more info.
Message 13 of 30 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

TLOU Speculations!

Dec 11, 2011

Since this thread is about TLOU speculation and I've already posted my own speculations in the other thread, I'm just gonna quote myself:

Shrantellatessa wrote:

The trailer looks awesome, the graphics are breathtaking, the gameplay seems smooth, the enemies are faster and apparently smarter than the average video game monsters, and the BEST part is that it's gonna be a THIRD Person Shooter! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm not a big fan of horror games though. I only played Silent Hill 2 and RE5. But I'll definitely be getting TLOU.

I wonder if it'll have an MP, I hope it will.

However, I'm worried about the future of U3 MP since ND will be very busy working on their new game so they won't have much time left for their game and for us, their fans; which is probably why they're sending us to PlayStation Forums. I'm also worried about the future of the Uncharted franchise in general because a new franchise might mean the end of the previous one. We probably won't be seeing Uncharted 4 :smileysad:

PS. The last scene, where we can see the empty streets, looks very similar to I Am Legend :smileysurprised:

Apparently there's a trend towards making darker games, mostly horror, by game developers lately. Tomb Raider is taking the same root through its latest installment too. Crystal Dynamics are not making a new franchise, but they're adding a much darker touch to their existing franchise (since Dark Angel at least).

Photobucket
Message 14 of 30 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

People are saying Dead Island. I am seeing more of Enslav...

Dec 11, 2011
People are saying Dead Island. I am seeing more of Enslaved, which is ironic because I thought Enslaved was a rip off of Uncharted.

Anyway; it is a different team making this han Uncharted. I expect to see it next year. And I always expected Uncharted 4 to be a PS4 launch title, so I suppose we'll have to wait a bit now as that announcement does't appear to be coming anytime soon.
Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 30 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5188 posts

I'm trying not to get too angry or pessimistic about it a...

Dec 11, 2011

I'm trying not to get too angry or pessimistic about it as I don't know enough information to fully judge it.

All I can say is that I seriously hope that this does not completely dry up support for UC3's multiplayer. They have two teams working at ND, one for Uncharted and one for TLOU so I don't see why they should drop the MP support.

Message 16 of 30 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

^I agree, though it looks like they have enough people; i...

Dec 11, 2011
^I agree, though it looks like they have enough people; ie two teams. I would like to hear more about what is happening to us, and by 'us' I mean Naughty Dog's community. I don't want to be cut off.
Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 30 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1454 posts

It seems to have a different development team so hopefull...

Dec 11, 2011

It seems to have a different development team so hopefully there will still be support for U3 and a possibility of U4.

People are saying it's 3rd person (crosses fingers and toes *please please please let it be 3rd person*) is there any confirmation on this or just speculation?

Looks very very cool and I'm sure as ever it will be a polished and addictive title from our Dogs!

Message 18 of 30 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5188 posts

Apart from my main concerns about support I will say that...

Dec 11, 2011

Apart from my main concerns about support I will say that the title intrigues me.
They also said that they've worked on it for two years so far. It could be released next year which I'm fine with.
https://twitter.com/#!/Neil_Druckmann/status/145710993157275648

With a game of this caliber I'm hoping 3 years should get the game to be polished enough to offer a fantastic experience.

I hope it's in 3rd person, have platforming elements similar to Uncharted and of course offer a fantastic story.

I like that it's giving me vibes from "The Road" and "I am Legend" as well. It has potential.

Message 19 of 30 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

First of all, I am very impressed by the trailer. A littl...

Dec 11, 2011

First of all, I am very impressed by the trailer. A little sad that Uncharted 4 isn't coming soon, but at the same time happy Naughty Dog are doing something new.

What I do wonder is what will be similar and what will be different between Last of Us and Uncharted. Shooting mechanics, platforming etc. What about multiplayer? Will it have it? Will it be co-op only? 

I hope there are a tonne of Uncharted easter eggs and references in the game! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 20 of 30 (36 Views)
0 Likes