Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: The Last of Us - The Quiz *possible spoilers*

Oct 11, 2013

I suppose it would help if some of the answer options were indeed correct.

Message 11 of 19 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

Just a note to everyone:

I will post all the answers and results in next Thursday. If I remember correctly, I said I was going to answer/say the score to everyone individually... this is to prevent people saying "why didn't you let me try!". But if you're not answering until next Thursday, I think it's safe to assume you weren't going to answer anyway.

Thank you for reading this patch note for a post written in extreme tiredness.

What do we get for answering everything right? lol jk

Message 12 of 19 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Oct 12, 2013

renatabls wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Just a note to everyone:

I will post all the answers and results in next Thursday. If I remember correctly, I said I was going to answer/say the score to everyone individually... this is to prevent people saying "why didn't you let me try!". But if you're not answering until next Thursday, I think it's safe to assume you weren't going to answer anyway.

A cookie. I said it in the OP. Smiley Happy

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 13 of 19 (253 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
787 posts

Oct 12, 2013

McLean1984 wrote:

I suppose it would help if some of the answer options were indeed correct.

Take it easy there mate, the guy did say he was sorry for any unintentional mistakes. He also mentioned how much trouble it is to write these all out, so don't get all attitude-y about it.

Message 14 of 19 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Oct 12, 2013

No attitude at all. I advise you should think before you post and try to cause confrontation between other posters, that's "attitude-y".

Message 15 of 19 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2013

I hate to be this guy but, I want to help...  (spoilers below that could ruin the quiz)

4. We don't actually know this answer.  The newspaper clipping states that food is contaminated, but we don't know the full extent of what that means.  Nor do we know if that is the only source of infection, or if it is coincidentally connected to how the infection may have truly begun.

8. Deliberately a trick question, and I hate those.  The answer should be Joel, because you first 'play' as Sarah and come across him, but earlier in the quiz you stat 'after the prologue,' and that serves to trick people.

13. Sam is not necessarily thirteen.  I know, I know the official site says that he is, but I don't care.  The dialogue in the game suggests he is either 13, or younger.  When Sam suggests that he is 'close' to 14, Henry laughs mockingly, as if to say he's not actually that close.

21. Huh, what?  To say that Joel has a signature weapon is strange.  When you start a new game the weapon he has saved in his backpack is the 9mm pistol.  That would be the closest to a signature weapon in my opinion.

26. One more season should be added for each choice, since you techncially reach Summer again by the end of the game.  And you do play in that last Summer, as Ellie, collecting a comic even.

28. The most accurate age for Henry is 25.  In the Suburbs he states that he was 5 when the infection hit.  It's been twenty years since then so, he is 25.

Message 16 of 19 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

I hate to be this guy but, I want to help...  (spoilers below that could ruin the quiz)

4. We don't actually know this answer.  The newspaper clipping states that food is contaminated, but we don't know the full extent of what that means.  Nor do we know if that is the only source of infection, or if it is coincidentally connected to how the infection may have truly begun.

8. Deliberately a trick question, and I hate those.  The answer should be Joel, because you first 'play' as Sarah and come across him, but earlier in the quiz you stat 'after the prologue,' and that serves to trick people.

13. Sam is not necessarily thirteen.  I know, I know the official site says that he is, but I don't care.  The dialogue in the game suggests he is either 13, or younger.  When Sam suggests that he is 'close' to 14, Henry laughs mockingly, as if to say he's not actually that close.

21. Huh, what?  To say that Joel has a signature weapon is strange.  When you start a new game the weapon he has saved in his backpack is the 9mm pistol.  That would be the closest to a signature weapon in my opinion.

26. One more season should be added for each choice, since you techncially reach Summer again by the end of the game.  And you do play in that last Summer, as Ellie, collecting a comic even.

28. The most accurate age for Henry is 25.  In the Suburbs he states that he was 5 when the infection hit.  It's been twenty years since then so, he is 25.

Related answers to the numbers below this in Spoilers. (Note to others, don't open the Spoiler tag(s). Or if you do, then that's meh. You'll ruin your test of The Last of Us-knowledge. Smiley Tongue)

Spoiler
4. Well it suggests it, thus it is the best answer we've got at this moment. There isn't anything else that could make people think otherwise, is there?
Spoiler
8. Heh. I found the "trick question" to be interesting when I wrote it.
Spoiler
13. Even if Sam was not 13, it is still suggested that he is. If he truly is younger, then it doesn't matter. I'd accept the answer which is closest to truth, then.
Spoiler
21. Well, basically the first weapon we ever saw Joel use was a revolver (2011 Spike awards trailer!). So that is why I thought it'd be the "signature" weapon.
Spoiler
26. Well that's kind of like saying "Add a full stop to this sentence" when there isn't one. I didn't see a season change "text" there, thus there are "only" 4 choices.
Spoiler
28. Yes, I remembered that fact wrong. I guess you could take it as another "trick" question plus simple mathematics, since I don't want to change the OP much.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 17 of 19 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2013

renatabls wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Just a note to everyone:

),)

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 18 of 19 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
564 posts

Oct 17, 2013

I'm a man of my word. I promised you the answers and scores next Thursday, and I'm going to give them.

1. When does the game after the Prologue happen?

C) In 2033. (It is set 20 years after 2013.)

2. What are Joel and Ellie's last names (according to the Japanese manual)?

A) Miller and Williams. (A lot of people thought ND actually made them, but they said no/not many major characters have their last names known. They were only in the manual.)

3. What is the name of the fungus that is the cause of the apocalypse?

C) Cordyceps unilateralis. (Even the teaser trailer shows the 'cordyceps' coming out of an ant. Plus it's a common thing in the characters' discussion.)

4. How did the infection begin?

B) It found it's way to humans from food. (Although not entirely confirmed, the newspaper in the bathroom at the Prologue says that the food has been contaminated.)

5. In Winter, you have to hunt an animal. What animal is it?

A) A deer. (Well, nothing to explain here. If you played the part, you probably knew it.) Smiley Happy

6. Where is Tommy's settlement located?

B) Jackson, Wyoming. (It's seen in a sign somewhere near the beginning of Fall. Plus Joel talks about it.)

7. How many Ellie's Joke locations are there?

B) 5. (Pittsburgh: 1. Before the bus, 2. In the book store, 3. After the Hunter drags the plank, going backwards to see a poster of a model, 4. Inside the hotel lobby - next is a longer time ahead, in the Suburbs near the Firefly graffiti.)

8. Who is the first person you meet in gameplay?

B) Joel. (Remember you play as Sarah in the Prologue, and the first person you meet is obviously her father. Trick questions, eh?) Smiley Happy

9. Who is Anna?

C) Ellie's mother. (Based off of Marlene's recordings. Could be seen from TLoU Wiki too.)

10. How many hits does a Baseball Bat withstand?

B) 6. (Nothing to explain here, really... unless both TLoU Wiki and my experiences are wrong, I think it is 6 even though majority posted 5.)

11. What is Ellie's signature weapon?

B) A switchblade. (Although in the most art she has a hunting rifle, but she has always had the switchblade and mainly uses it throughout the story.)

12. What are the animals you see in Spring?

A) Giraffes. (If you got to that part, what did you think they were if not giraffes? Deers?)

13. How old was Sam?

B) 13. (Although technically we don't know his age, it's most likely 13. He says he's close to 14... he might have lied, though, but it's the closest thing we have.)

14. Who was Frank?

C) Bill's acquaintance. (He's seen hanged near the end of Bill's town chapter...)

15. How did he die?

B) Suicide by stringing himself up. (Like I said above. He had bites however, so he could've turned later on. But the cause of death was suicide by hanging.)

16. The Infected come in many names. What is the Stage 2 Infected?

C) Stalker. (Stage 1 - Runner, 2 - Stalker, 3 - Clicker, 4 - Bloater.)

17. Joel and Ellie manage to get a car sometime after meeting Bill. What kind of a car is it?

C) A pick-up truck. (Remember how Bill and Joel climbed over to the back and Ellie drove them away of the Infected?)

18. How is Tommy related to Joel?

C) He's his brother. (You're reminded multiple times how Tommy is Joel's little brother.)

19. When you start a new game, there is a sound effect right before the opening cinematic. What sound is it?

B) A clock ticking. (It sounds like a grandfather clock or something.)

20. What is the game's last word(s)?

A) "Okay." (Can't really explain it. Smiley Tongue)

21. What is Joel's signature weapon?

A) A revolver. (Mainly because it is shown in the character art mostly plus the 2011 Spike VGA trailer.)

22. How is Ellie related to Joel?

B) She isn't. (Instead, she is given to Joel by Marlene, for Joel to bring to the Fireflies.)

23. What is the instrument Joel promises to teach to Ellie later in the game?

B) A guitar. (Heard in the start of Spring. "Yeah, I reckon you'd really like that.")

24. In the game, Ellie can't do something. What is it?

C) Swim, needing the use of pallets. (And she doesn't like them.)

25. What is the video game character Ellie talks about?

A) Angel Knives. (In Bill's town right after you get to the actual town, there's a house with an arcade game in... that's when she talks about it.)

26. What is the season cycle in The Last of Us?

C) Summer - Fall - Winter - Spring (I guess a lot of people got this right.)

27. Who is Ish?

B) A survivor landing in a boat, and taking settlement in sewers with some other people. (There are many notes in there regarding Ish's survival and in the notes afterwards, Ish's group's survival.)

28. How old is Henry?

A) 26. (I remembered Henry said he was 6 when the cordyceps hit. Apparently, he was 5 instead. But as for now, A is the most correct answer since it is the closest.)

29. What is the device Ellie carries?

B) Sony Walkman. (I'm not that sure if Apple or Nokia would take it too kindly for Sony to use their devices in the game.)

30. What are the last words in the letter Ellie's mom gave to Ellie?

B) "Make me proud, Ellie!" (It required you to know that you could open Ellie's backpack when you are playing as her in Winter. The Last of Us knowledge either way.) Smiley Happy

(Bonus question: 31. What is the "official" name of the infection in the game?)

A) CBI. (Cordyceps Brain Infection.)

People's scores in order of posting:

• BlackHawk737 = 27/30

• renatabls = 21/30

• Lt_K4RL0S = 29/30 (score reading was a pain, geez, thanks a lot) Smiley Happy

• Jeet097 = 27/30 (You got the bonus question right as the first, congrats) Smiley Happy

• PaperGorilla = 27/30 (score reading was a pain too, geez, thanks a lot) Smiley Tongue

• klrp = 20/30

Congrats to Lt_K4RL0S for the highest score of all the people who posted, and a big applause to everyone who at least tried!

It seems the Baseball Bat question made almost everyone to go wrong, considering nearly everyone answered with 5 instead of 6. I'd probably have gone wrong too if I hadn't looked it up first from TLoU Wiki.

Whether TLoU Wiki is correct, that's another question.

... I have no life.
Message 19 of 19 (176 Views)