Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Re: The Last of Us and why it should have a direct sequel

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

Exsilon wrote:
I tried to believe that, ricky, but in the end it just doesn't look like it'll work. Sure, they are far closer than they are in the beginning, but during the epiloque, not only does ****. I understand that it's supposed to be a father-daughter relationship, but it seems a little rickety to me.
Edit: removed spoilers
U--J

Not a single real relationship is perfect, or are there any I should be aware of?

And I don't mean to sound like a **bleep**.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 11 of 82 (788 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 17, 2013

No doubt this series is going to be a trilogy.

Looking forward to the next game.

Hopefully it comes with a Co Op Mode next game sequel since I absolutely despise the multiplayer.

Message 12 of 82 (777 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32880 posts

Jun 17, 2013

KingDustero wrote:

ND never said that other games in TLOU franchise won't star Joel and Ellie all the said was that the JOURNEY they went on is over.  Thus if there are other games it won't be about them trying to find a cure of sorts.  I highly doubt they'll just drop these characters that they did such a good job developing.  IMO Ellie will probably be the main playable character in the next game.

im kind of hoping it takes place like 10-20 years later with a grown up Ellie.

although Joel would be dead or too old to do anything. :smileysad:

Message 13 of 82 (772 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jun 17, 2013
I would like to play Ish's story.
Message 14 of 82 (756 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13620 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I actually think this game should be left as it is.

ND broke the story to Uncharted and it now needs more sequels to attempt to fix it.

This game isn't broken in story yet, leave it alone.

Message 15 of 82 (752 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4229 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

I just finished TLOU tonight. Just wow. I really loved it.

I'm looking forward to the NG+.

I'm content with Joel and Ellie's story ending where it did. I don't feel the need to see their story continue.

I'd love for a sequel to follow someone completely new in this world.

OR

I honestly wouldn't mind a prequel (or DLC for TLOU) that follows Joel and Tommy's relationship as brothers and their falling out. Would love to see / play their story out and why they went their separate ways.

And to mix it up, have Tommy be the character you play as (and maybe play out his story for joining & leaving the Fireflies.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 16 of 82 (750 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 17, 2013

This game was so amazing its one of the very few that i can play through without needing to take a break. Its also one of the few i can do a second playthrough on. I really really hope to see a second one and i also hope it has joel and ellie in it, they can pull off a sequel to it no doubt, at the end it really looked like ellie didn't quite believe joel maybe that could play a part along with conflicts at tommy's place. At least ellie if not joel too in the second i fell in love with these characters i want more of them and im sure many many others do too, im not ready to give them up. Atleast a dlc putting a bit more to an end, with this ending it was kinda hard to tell if everything ended up ok. Im not sure i can bring myself to enjoying a second one if its not with joel and ellie because all the while i'll remember what great characters they were. Why not just continue with them instead of trying to make us care about a new set of people. There aren't a lot of games i can enjoy like this one, when the characters were in trouble I was actually worried too, games don't do that often. Either way a job very well done keep it up.

Message 17 of 82 (730 Views)
Sackboy
470 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I agree with you, they shouldn't bother with a sequel if it's not with Joel/Ellie

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 18 of 82 (700 Views)
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Yesyesyes. A sequel would be awesome, but only if:

- The story comes directly after the story of the previous game no "5 years later" stuff

- It features Joel and Ellie

- The story is as great as the first game :smileyhappy:

edit: had to fix something

Message 19 of 82 (669 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I just beat the game...and I am literally speechless.

I honestly hope they make a sequel on the PS4, or hell, at this point I wouldn't even mind DLC continuing Joel and Ellie's story.  I doubt if they do that it will be the "real ending" kind of DLC everyone hates, but maybe something to gap the first game to the second(assuming of course there will be a sequel.)  They could easily sell me on more Joel and Tommy interaction and Ellie trying to accept the "fact" that what Joel said was true, even though it looks as if she knows it isn't.  Maybe even have Joel helping out building new defenses and going out with a few people to try and clear the area of any infected or bandits they find.

Point being, I'd love some post-ending content but I really hope they don't mess up and make it be the end of Joel and Ellie's story, that spot should be reserved for a sequel or even more.

Message 20 of 82 (640 Views)