Splicer
50 posts

Re: The Last of Us and why it should have a direct sequel

Jun 18, 2013

KingDustero wrote:

ND never said that other games in TLOU franchise won't star Joel and Ellie all the said was that the JOURNEY they went on is over.  Thus if there are other games it won't be about them trying to find a cure of sorts.  I highly doubt they'll just drop these characters that they did such a good job developing.  IMO Ellie will probably be the main playable character in the next game.

I hope this is the case. It would be really disappointing if they just stopped using Ellie and Joel.

Message 21 of 82 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Jun 18, 2013
I wouldn't want a sequel with Joel and Ellie, I think there story is fine as it is it leaves room for us to imagine what there doing in there world. Mass effect was one of my fav series until 3 when Shepard died, during last of us I coulda swore Joel was gonna die and when he didn't I was happy as **bleep**, I'd rather he not be involved anymore for fear they would kill him off. I've lost so many friends and family to death and I understand that's just life but **bleep** at least video game characters can live forever . No Joel or Ellie in a sequel or dlc unless they're exempt for doom
Message 22 of 82 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I agree it should get a sequel, still alot more story to be told about joel and ellie.

btw what happened to that sequel petition thread?

Message 23 of 82 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 18, 2013

jlws513 wrote:
I wouldn't want a sequel with Joel and Ellie, I think there story is fine as it is it leaves room for us to imagine what there doing in there world. Mass effect was one of my fav series until 3 when Shepard died, during last of us I coulda swore Joel was gonna die and when he didn't I was happy as **bleep**, I'd rather he not be involved anymore for fear they would kill him off. I've lost so many friends and family to death and I understand that's just life but **bleep** at least video game characters can live forever . No Joel or Ellie in a sequel or dlc unless they're exempt for doom

its already been confirmed that there will be Single Player DLC.

Message 24 of 82 (472 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 18, 2013

i hope the story between shoot sarah and the 20 years comes in the next TLOU....and after this... we need a MMO RPG in the TLOU universe...so... ND...here is your challange for the PS4..Make a MMO RPG in the TOLU Universe :smileywink:

Hmm.... we can start a another thread for a petition for a MMO RPG in the TLOU universe

Message 25 of 82 (445 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

A sequel with Joel and Ellie has to happen!!!

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

They have said they might make a sequel to the last of us but it wont have Joel and Ellie. This is an outrage! i'm so attached to these characters and there's so much more to tell.

I need closure, i want to keep going until its true end. They said its not a cliffhanger ending but it soooo is. The game is a masterpiece best iv ever played but to make a 2ND game without them is a huge mistake and wrong. Discuss...

Message 26 of 82 (490 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Re: A sequel with Joel and Ellie has to happen!!!

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

Dude I gotta give you a heads up. Remove all spoilers or this thread will be removed and you will be suspended. I was having a pretty nice discussion with another player about the ending and it was deleted within the hour.

It's frustrating. The title even had a massive spoiler warning prefix. They don't tolerate spoilers one bit.

But I do agree with you. I am also pretty attached to the characters and if there is a Sequel without Ellie and Joel I probably won't play it. 

They just feel too iconic to the potential series not to have them as the main characters. If they just added new characters with the same gameplay and mechanics, it wouldn't feel right.

Message 27 of 82 (475 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: A sequel with Joel and Ellie has to happen!!!

Jun 18, 2013

ok have removed all spoilers. Thanks for heads up and glad you agree.

Message 28 of 82 (449 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

In an interview on the playstation blog, Neil Druckmann said:

"I think the world is ripe for more stories, but as far as the journey Joel and Ellie goes on it ends with this game. We were very conscious that we didn’t want to leave this story dangling. If we never do a sequel we’re ok with it, because we told the story we needed to tell."

( source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/07/the-last-of-us-neil-druckmann-on-creating-a-future-classic... )

But that doesn't mean they won't change their minds, if they really do what the fans want, a sequel with Joel/Ellie may still be possible.

Message 29 of 82 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I hope they make a sequel just so I can kill Joel.

Message 30 of 82 (383 Views)
0 Likes