Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: The Last of Us' flamethrower is powerful because Naughty Dog ran out of time

Aug 10, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:
It's fine if it's in SP but remove it from MP.

Why? To put it out of it's misery? 

It's pretty bad. Range wise I mean. Like, you have to be hugging the guy practically to be able to burn him.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 11 of 22 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Re: The Last of Us' flamethrower is powerful because Naughty Dog ran out of time

Aug 10, 2013

so that probably means they had the flamethrower in multiplayer before singleplayer, because in the multiplayer the flamethrower is awesome, it's not powerful, but very satisfactory to use and it creates fun moments, I love it and do great with it, but I think I only died about 5 times by it when an enemy used it, strange...

Message 12 of 22 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Aug 10, 2013

The flamethrower is horrible in MP lol

If you let someone get close enough to use it on you then you probably deserved to die. I like to equip it for the lulz

Message 13 of 22 (256 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Aug 10, 2013

Everyone just uses the Silenced Semiauto these days anyways

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 14 of 22 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

It's pretty bad. Range wise I mean. Like, you have to be hugging the guy practically to be able to burn him.

Exactly, all the guy has to do, is buy armor, and rush you. Boom, you're dead.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 15 of 22 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Aug 11, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Exactly, all the guy has to do, is buy armor, and rush you. Boom, you're dead.

My bow begs to differ Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 22 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Aug 11, 2013

I only used it once, because I didn't find the encounters to be challenging after Lakeside Resort. You can sneak past the first bloater, headshot all the runners in the hallway to the right and take on the clickers and the two bloaters in the hall with two molotovs, a bomb and your El Diablo. I was on Survivor+ with fully upgraded weapons btw.

For the MP: I'm not even close to unlocking it, I guess (haven't checked) and if I ever get near an enemy, I tend to panic and unload whatever I have equipped. Or I simply hit him with my fists (for the lulz: I managed to down 3 guys of a team with my fists, before being downed, too, by simply spamming square Smiley Very Happy )

GRAB
Message 17 of 22 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Aug 11, 2013

The flamethrower in MP is a total gimmick weapon. Only good for getting those "Lol moments'.

dh0rmazine wrote:

The flamethrower is horrible in MP lol

If you let someone get close enough to use it on you then you probably deserved to die. I like to equip it for the lulz

Message 18 of 22 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11615 posts

Aug 11, 2013
It's effective in MP, when used right. You'll just mad.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 19 of 22 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11615 posts

Aug 11, 2013
*Ya'll

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 20 of 22 (152 Views)
0 Likes