Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 20 2013
By: Cookieter Hekseville Citizen 345 posts

The Last of Us isn't what it used to be?

143 replies 906 views Edited May 20, 2013

Am I the only one here who feels like they have abandoned that feeling from E3..

At e3 it actually fell like you didn't have much supplies and you had to survive..

But now in the newer gameplays, you are like equipped with a lot of weapons and tools..

And the screen is full of HUD... And it also seems the health bar is much much stronger now.

It takes you like 10 shots to die now, and at e3 it took like 4 to 5...

I Hope when I get my hands on this game it will be what I expected it to be..

Don't hate on me.. This is still my game of the year...

It's just kinda sad, it feels like they abandoned that stealth survival feeling..

All I see in the new gameplay is explosions fire and big guns and big weapons.

What happened to struggling with other survivors?

Up and close fighting a lot because you had no items?

It seems like they are trying to aim for more audience with more crazy fighting...

... Oh well I know it's still going to be awesome anyways.

dfbgfdhbfdw.jpg

Message 1 of 144 (906 Views)
Wastelander
767 posts

Re: The Last of Us isn't what it used to be?

May 20, 2013

Don't feel bad, you're perfectly entitled to your feelings. Me...I'm gonna reserve my judgement until I atctually play thee game. For what I've seen thus far has blown me away.

Message 2 of 144 (895 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

May 20, 2013

Can't really say as I've never actually played the game.

I'll get back to you.

Message 3 of 144 (887 Views)
Wastelander
604 posts

May 20, 2013

I can definitely see where you're coming from mate and you're right, there are some things in the E3 demo that appear to have been scrapped/discarded. The AI in the E3 demo looks remarkable, whilst in one of the recent gameplay leaks of lincoln, it's atrocious in comparison. Ellie walks right up to a clicker at one stage, she even stands there cluelessly whilst the player is firing bullets past her towards a clicker standing 2 feet from her. She idols for maybe 12 seconds before just crouch-running away into the clutches of yet another clicker.

I dunno, I can't just judge the downfall of a game based on a few little bugs such as those, but it certainly contradicts Naughty Dog's constant reminder of how incredible Ellie's AI is and how important it is to the gameplay.

It also seems like the ammunition removal animation has been scrapped, in the E3 demo he finds a revolver with 2 rounds in it, he empties it and 2 bullets literally fall into his hand and he stores them in his pocket. Now he just kinda crouches and throws his hands out in front of himself grabbing thin air.

I was hoping the game would be hard, but it seems to be drifiting away from that with recent tweaks like the loss of health and that listen mode. However, when it shows the main menu of the beta a number of gameplay tweaks are present that can help shape the gameplay to resemble what it used to be. This makes me extremely happy knowing I can make these tweaks so I can enjoy the game how I want to. It's going to be an amazing game mate, regardless of how different it was about a year ago

Message 4 of 144 (877 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

May 20, 2013

Could it be that they were playing on different difficulty settings on those two versions?

Either way, I'll be playing on Hard anyway. I want a challenging survival game.

Message 5 of 144 (872 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

May 20, 2013

Yeah I'm definitely going for the hardest difficulty as well.

I Hope the higher the difficulty the lesser salvage there will be.

I'll also Turn off All Help Options.

That's one thing that really makes me glad that they have added so much options for the players.

dfbgfdhbfdw.jpg

Message 6 of 144 (859 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

I haven't watched new gameplay since the clicker gameplay, but from what I saw there, yes it definitely looks changed and I really don't like the HUD.

I liked the HUD in the E3 demo (although I've always wanted them to remove the bullet count) but it's just too much now.

Also what you guys said about the ammo pickup... it's little details like that that actually make the game shine and if they're taking it away now :smileysad:

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 7 of 144 (852 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

May 20, 2013
I think the difference between the gameplays is that naughty dog when making the e3 demo they spent a lot of time polishing and perfecting that gameplay to really showcase the game. Now the gameplay there releasing isn't really going for a showcase as there not showing to a big of audience as the one at e3. I don't know I still think this will be a game of the year contender
Message 8 of 144 (837 Views)
Naughty Host
9062 posts

May 20, 2013
^This. In the E3 Extended demo, the revolver had the same reload speed as in Uncharted. In the new gameplay, he manually puts in each individual bullet.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 9 of 144 (828 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

May 20, 2013

The Last Of Us seem to fade away from the good things.

Message 10 of 144 (827 Views)
0 Likes