First Son
1 posts

Re: The Last of Us trophy glitch?

Jun 17, 2013
I just beat the game on hard and got nothing. The only trophy I got in the game was for crafting. I am afraid to play new game plus and get jipped again. :/ Anybody know if they are working to patch this? I love this game and am going to go for the Platinum if possible. Until then I will stick to the mp.
Message 11 of 38 (3,668 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 17, 2013
I too beat the game, and the plus mode, upgraded all of my weapons, opened all shiv doors, and didn't get any trophies? Does anyone know if I should delete the patch or just be happy with a great game that won't unlock trophies? Also, does it matter if the system is connected or not?
Babble is the speak of the Gods.
Message 12 of 38 (3,559 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 17, 2013
UPDATE: I replayed the epilogue on Hard mode and watched the credits without pressing the home button on the controller. After the credits rolled, and it went to the main menu, I got the Medium and Easy trophies. I am fairly certain you must watch the credits fully without pausing them or skipping them to work around this glitch.

I am currently around 1/2 of the way through my Hard+ mode and am in the process of getting all the single player, non difficulty trophies.

I got the trophy for upgrading Joel fully with supplements without upgrading Shiv Master fully (I only upgraded it once), but I'm not complaining. I also got the trophy for surviving Ellie's jokes. I'll let you guys know if my collectibles trophies are glitched as well..
Message 13 of 38 (3,528 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Nah, I skipped the credits yesterday, and just now  for my Hard+ got all 6 trophies. I didn't getthe trophies for the training manuals, shiv doors, or comics though. I don't know how to get them. I don't want to replay the game for the 3rd time already.

Also I'm unable to get the trophies with the 1.1 patch, so try deleting that and replaying the ending, that's the only way I've been able to get trophies except for the few others I got for multiplayer, one for Ellie's Jokes, one for crafting all items, one for upgrading Joel all they way, those. I didn't get any trophies for any of the colletibles and I should have.

Message 14 of 38 (3,526 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 18, 2013
I played through normal and got the Easy and Normal Trophies. Now I'm off to play Survivor.
Message 15 of 38 (3,470 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 18, 2013

luctiger98 wrote:
UPDATE: I replayed the epilogue on Hard mode and watched the credits without pressing the home button on the controller. After the credits rolled, and it went to the main menu, I got the Medium and Easy trophies. I am fairly certain you must watch the credits fully without pausing them or skipping them to work around this glitch.

I am currently around 1/2 of the way through my Hard+ mode and am in the process of getting all the single player, non difficulty trophies.

I got the trophy for upgrading Joel fully with supplements without upgrading Shiv Master fully (I only upgraded it once), but I'm not complaining. I also got the trophy for surviving Ellie's jokes. I'll let you guys know if my collectibles trophies are glitched as well..

did your supplements carry over (been trying to find out, but no one is really  answer this) in NG+?

Message 16 of 38 (3,453 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Yes they do.

Message 17 of 38 (3,450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 18, 2013

There seems to be a very huge glitch here, on game+ beat it on whatever difficulty and the select the last chapter and put it on survivor, now just finish the chapter and watch the credits and you will unlock the normal and the game+ trophies for all difficulty levels.

Message 18 of 38 (3,442 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 18, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

Yes they do.

It's so weird... some of my supplements carried over, but not all of it Smiley Sad

Oh i figured out why my supplements didnt' carry over... i guess the best way is to load the 100% and the continue to NG+. I think most people save the NG+ in the main menu, but when the game saves, it doesnt actually save as a "New Game Plus" file.

For those who are having problems with NG+, just make sure that it does say New Game Plus in your save file

Message 19 of 38 (3,421 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 19, 2013
I tried what you said, GearzShot, and it didnt work for me.

I beat the game again on Hard+ and got all the single player trophies besides Survivor and Survivor+.

Some stuff worth noting: I got Scavenger (the trophy for getting all collectibles) before getting any other collectible related trophies. I was missing 1 Artifact, 1 Training Manual, 1 Comic and 3 Firefly Pendants. After picking up only one of the three pendants I was missing, the trophy popped for Scavenger. Luckily, all other collectible related trophies popped respectively when I collected all of each type of collectible.

Also, the Hard+ trophy popped immediately after The Last of Us logo faded after the credits, yet the Normal+ and Easy+ took around 10 seconds to pop after reaching the main menu. I had a feeling they'd be slow so I just didnt even touch my controller in fear I'd prevent them from popping.

My shiv door trophy and all optional conversations trophy also unlocked during my Hard+ playthrough without a problem. I still unlocked every shiv door though, even the ones I knew I already had. Same with the optional conversations, I just initiated them all to be safe and when I got to the one I was missing it popped.

A tip: most if not all the single player trophies also have an in-game trophy counterpart where you unlock in-game money to buy unlockable stuff such as concept art. If the in-game trophy pops and the PS3 trophy doesnt then try to reload your encounter and try collecting the item again, initiating the conversation, upgrading a weapon, etc..

The trophies in this game are pretty glitchy and you have to be really cautious or you could end up with extra playthroughs or an unobtainable platinum.

Just a funny thing also, I was going for the trophy for upgrading all of Joel's weapons fully and by the time I got to the second to last workbench I predicted I wouldnt be able to find enough parts to do so. Turns out at the last workbench a shiv door is nearby with 50 parts inside and some other stuff, so I managed to get the trophy with only 4 parts left over. I was ecstatic.

Anyways, looks like I'll be down to 4 playthroughs after Survivor and Survivor+. I am kinda worried because I was so reliant on Listen Mode. Might go for a fifth run on Easy just for fun.

Good luck with getting the platinum, everyone!
Message 20 of 38 (3,344 Views)