Jul 16 2013
By: ButtonEyedBoy First Son 11 posts

The Last of Us vs Dark Souls

6 replies 391 views Edited Jul 16, 2013

Hey guys! I know these two games aren't similar at all and a lot of you are going to comment saying they shouldn't and can't be compared. I get you but I'm just doing this anyway. These two are my favourite games of all time and I think they're the only 2 masterpieces on ps3. 

For those of you that have played both, can you say which you favour and why? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (391 Views)
Wastelander
595 posts

Re: The Last of Us vs Dark Souls

Jul 16, 2013

I like the Last of Us more.  The one thing Dark Souls has on TLOU is replay value.  Since Dark Souls gets harder with each NG +, it feels like a new experience each ng+.  That's why I wish TLOU got harder with each NG+ you started.  That would add a lot of replay value.  There's also more content in Dark Souls.

But the experience of the Last of Us is better.  I love Dark Souls, but the story doesn't make a lick of sense, and I wasn't invested in it at all storywise.  The Last of Us made me care about the character and story.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1633 posts

Jul 16, 2013
Interesting comparison. :smileyhappy:
Well, TLoU has quickly become my favorite PS3 game, but I do love Dark Souls as well... though personally, I think Demon's Souls is the better game.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 16, 2013

sweetcastlemagic wrote:

I like the Last of Us more.  The one thing Dark Souls has on TLOU is replay value.  Since Dark Souls gets harder with each NG +, it feels like a new experience each ng+.  That's why I wish TLOU got harder with each NG+ you started.  That would add a lot of replay value.  There's also more content in Dark Souls.

But the experience of the Last of Us is better.  I love Dark Souls, but the story doesn't make a lick of sense, and I wasn't invested in it at all storywise.  The Last of Us made me care about the character and story.

The cool thing about Dark Souls is how the developers allow the play to create their own story. The only story you are told without having to dig is the opening cinematic with the Furative Pygmy and the three Lords. If you really want a story you have to read item descriptions, listen to character dialogue, or spend hours watching YouTube videos on the lore of the game. They didn't just hand you a story.

-----------
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1352 posts

Jul 16, 2013

There are more 'masterpieces' then just those two on the PS3. Anyways, I like The Last of Us more. Dark Souls is a great game, but it just didn't hold my attention. I still haven't beat it yet and I've had it FOREVER.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (362 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

I love both games. Both were revolutionary in the genre where they belong. TLOU changed the way violence/gore is done in games. Lots of violent games have been made, but ND took it to a level that actually made you feel bad about doing it almost everytime. Best third person shooter gameplay do date imo too (MP 3 is very close). Love everything about it, almost perfect in a sense.

Dark Souls (my sig below lol) great gameplay, Probably the best in all RPG's. The way story is told is incredible. It's almost like a puzzle. Better NG+ system than TLOU lol. It also has one of the best atmosphere and level design ever. The armor, weapon, npc and enemy design is fantastic. I could go on and on and I will never run out of great things to say about this game lol. For those not sure about this game don't let the difficulty turn you away, you will get used to it and realize how great this game was made.

I have the game since a month after its launch and also have not beaten it. I keep on making new characters just for the heck of it.

Can't pick one to be honest lol. Both games are the pinnacle of this generation (along with many others).

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (343 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Reply to HoodlumX

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Maybe for you, but not in my opinion. Very subjective thing :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (323 Views)
0 Likes