Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Re: The Story DLC needs to come out before GTA5.

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

stentryk wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

In my opinion, GTA V looks like it could be the greatest game ever made. Those who dislike the series are probably shaking your heads right now, but to be honest it really does look perfect.

GTA IV was not perfect... The story dragged at some points (but I did finish it, and enjoyed it) and the game was often too realistic for its own good (such as the lack of planes) but I have still had a tonne of fun with it. The sheer amount of things you can do on the multiplayer when you get a few friends online... I struggle to see how anyone could find it boring.

In my opinion, GTA V will destroy The Last of Us for GOTY. Many of you shall disagree, but having seen that recent gameplay trailer, I find it hard to understand how. In what other game can you go from shopping for clothes, playing golf, to carrying out a massive bank heist... all in the same play session? It is the sort of game that will never really get old.

But, alas, I am but a schoolboy, so in some of your mindsets my opinion must be irrelevent anyway. 

Do you know why Citizen Kane, a movie from friggin' 1941 has continuely won Best Movie of All Time even to this day?

That is because Citizen Kane was the first movie to make moving pictures an art-form, with a deeper meaning, cinematography, characters and symbolism and the like.

The Last of Us is like Citizen Kane in those aspects, and it's also been called "Citizen Kane of Gaming" by some critics.

The Last of Us had amazing gameplay, but it also showed that games can be more than just gameplay, and be about story, emotional drive and character development and so on.

Gameplay wise, you are going to be able to do more in GTA V than in The Last of Us, but that doesn't mean anything, since many would say that The Last of Us is revolutionary in what it does.

Revolutionary with what exactly??

Nothing is revolutionary about TLOU just stop with the Bull.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 58 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jul 16, 2013

samuelcd1997 wrote:

stentryk wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

stentryk wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

In my opinion, GTA V looks like it could be the greatest game ever made. Those who dislike the series are probably shaking your heads right now, but to be honest it really does look perfect.

GTA IV was not perfect... The story dragged at some points (but I did finish it, and enjoyed it) and the game was often too realistic for its own good (such as the lack of planes) but I have still had a tonne of fun with it. The sheer amount of things you can do on the multiplayer when you get a few friends online... I struggle to see how anyone could find it boring.

In my opinion, GTA V will destroy The Last of Us for GOTY. Many of you shall disagree, but having seen that recent gameplay trailer, I find it hard to understand how. In what other game can you go from shopping for clothes, playing golf, to carrying out a massive bank heist... all in the same play session? It is the sort of game that will never really get old.

But, alas, I am but a schoolboy, so in some of your mindsets my opinion must be irrelevent anyway. 

Do you know why Citizen Kane, a movie from friggin' 1941 has continuely won Best Movie of All Time even to this day?

That is because Citizen Kane was the first movie to make moving pictures an art-form, with a deeper meaning, cinematography, characters and symbolism and the like.

The Last of Us is like Citizen Kane in those aspects, and it's also been called "Citizen Kane of Gaming" by some critics.

The Last of Us had amazing gameplay, but it also showed that games can be more than just gameplay, and be about story, emotional drive and character development and so on.

Gameplay wise, you are going to be able to do more in GTA V than in The Last of Us, but that doesn't mean anything, since many would say that The Last of Us is revolutionary in what it does.

You may think that, but for me I do not see any game coming close to providing as much fun as GTA V will, for me.

I don't think that I know that. This isn't about just having fun anymore, this is something else, something more.

GTA V will probably provide more replay value and more fun per say, but The Last of Us is took gaming to a new level, as I described in my previous post.

GTA V will be more plain fun, but The Last of Us will be more enjoyable and more of an experience with character development, amazing story and those things. 

Notice how my post is very much opinion based, yet you talk of your opinion like it's fact? You seem to think that me believing GTA V is going to better than TLOU is simply wrong... Whereas most people would accept when one has a preference of a game over another. 

I don't think my opinion is fact, my opinion is my opinion, but I didn't only post my opinion.

You were talking about how GTA V would destroy The Last of Us for GOTY and that's why I brought up my Citizen Kane simili/reference.

I said that I know The Last of Us is like Citizen Kane in those aspects I mentioned, in the game being heavily focused on character and story and emotion, which is indeed a fact. Just watch the developer diaries or interviews with Neil Druckmann.

To be honest, I don't really care that you think GTA V will be better than The Last of Us, I was addressing why I don't think GTA V will destroy TLoU for GOTY. GTA V might win GOTY, but it certainly won't destroy The Last of Us.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 58 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

I'll just say, BS to the title, even if I'd be a GTA fan I'd come running back for some DLC for this game :smileyhappy: totally worth it.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 58 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

stentryk wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

You could search that from Google. Now, you're probably going to jump down my throat and preach hours of how it sucks and/or how it's not revolutional. Maybe it isn't. But it is what stentryk said, "Citizen Kane of gaming". Search from Wikipedia "Citizen Kane" and you see just why it's considered a marvelous movie and is in top lists of all-time movies.

But then again, some people hate Citizen Kane too, thus it wouldn't be a good proof of the game's revolution-istic stuff. It all could be summarized with one word...

...opinions.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 58 (126 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 16, 2013

The DLC doesn't have to come out before GTA5 because the DLC has to be good and nothing good comes out in less than a month and a half. At least you can play GTA5 while you wait for TLOU DLC. 

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 58 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Jul 16, 2013
I dunno guys I saw this new 5 minute gameplay trailer for GTA 5 and was totally blown away. Biking, skiing, wingsuit basejumping, dirtbiking, flying planes, jet skis, bank heists, investing in stocks and purchasing real estate, being able to switch to any character at any time i mean GOD D*MN!
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 58 (107 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1357 posts

Jul 16, 2013

tch2296 wrote:
I dunno guys I saw this new 5 minute gameplay trailer for GTA 5 and was totally blown away. Biking, skiing, wingsuit basejumping, dirtbiking, flying planes, jet skis, bank heists, investing in stocks and purchasing real estate, being able to switch to any character at any time i mean GOD D*MN!

Pretty much. I would come back for some DLC though. GTA V without a doubt will be the best Game of the Year by many critics and gamers. The Last of Us might dwell in my mind more though and it's easily a GOTY candidate as well. 

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 58 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

tch2296 wrote:

Pretty much. I would come back for some DLC though. GTA V without a doubt will be the best Game of the Year by many critics and gamers. The Last of Us might dwell in my mind more though and it's easily a GOTY candidate as well. 

I think there should be Linear/Non-Linear Games of the Year... comparison between e.g. The Last of Us and GTA V is simply too tricky imo. But that's just my opinion.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 58 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 16, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

stentryk wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

You could search that from Google. Now, you're probably going to jump down my throat and preach hours of how it sucks and/or how it's not revolutional. Maybe it isn't. But it is what stentryk said, "Citizen Kane of gaming". Search from Wikipedia "Citizen Kane" and you see just why it's considered a marvelous movie and is in top lists of all-time movies.

But then again, some people hate Citizen Kane too, thus it wouldn't be a good proof of the game's revolution-istic stuff. It all could be summarized with one word...

...opinions.

Your reply is invalid to the question I asked, be on your way if you can't tell me what is REVOLUTIONARY about TLOU.

PS - I actually love TLOU SP & find the MP to be enjoyable, anything else you wanna read from your crystal ball?

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 58 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

stentryk wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

...opinions.

Your reply is invalid to the question I asked, be on your way if you can't tell me what is REVOLUTIONARY about TLOU.

PS - I actually love TLOU SP & find the MP to be enjoyable, anything else you wanna read from your crystal ball?

Nothing I could say would impress you, if you consider it to be in the "normal" game range. Thus I actually will be going on my way.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 58 (76 Views)
0 Likes