Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Re: The Story DLC needs to come out before GTA5.

Jul 16, 2013

Love GTA but GTA4 was... WAY overrated. I'm more of a narrative kind of guy. I get REAL bored with open world games quickly. There just isn't enough to invest me into the characters. For example, I loved RDR but after I completed the story, I honestly did not feel like going back. But hey, that's just me. I also find Sleeping Dogs much more enjoyable than GTA lol

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 51 of 58 (193 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 16, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

stentryk wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

In my opinion, GTA V looks like it could be the greatest game ever made. Those who dislike the series are probably shaking your heads right now, but to be honest it really does look perfect.

GTA IV was not perfect... The story dragged at some points (but I did finish it, and enjoyed it) and the game was often too realistic for its own good (such as the lack of planes) but I have still had a tonne of fun with it. The sheer amount of things you can do on the multiplayer when you get a few friends online... I struggle to see how anyone could find it boring.

In my opinion, GTA V will destroy The Last of Us for GOTY. Many of you shall disagree, but having seen that recent gameplay trailer, I find it hard to understand how. In what other game can you go from shopping for clothes, playing golf, to carrying out a massive bank heist... all in the same play session? It is the sort of game that will never really get old.

But, alas, I am but a schoolboy, so in some of your mindsets my opinion must be irrelevent anyway. 

Do you know why Citizen Kane, a movie from friggin' 1941 has continuely won Best Movie of All Time even to this day?

That is because Citizen Kane was the first movie to make moving pictures an art-form, with a deeper meaning, cinematography, characters and symbolism and the like.

The Last of Us is like Citizen Kane in those aspects, and it's also been called "Citizen Kane of Gaming" by some critics.

The Last of Us had amazing gameplay, but it also showed that games can be more than just gameplay, and be about story, emotional drive and character development and so on.

Gameplay wise, you are going to be able to do more in GTA V than in The Last of Us, but that doesn't mean anything, since many would say that The Last of Us is revolutionary in what it does.

Revolutionary with what exactly??

Nothing is revolutionary about TLOU just stop with the Bull.

You could search that from Google. Now, you're probably going to jump down my throat and preach hours of how it sucks and/or how it's not revolutional. Maybe it isn't. But it is what stentryk said, "Citizen Kane of gaming". Search from Wikipedia "Citizen Kane" and you see just why it's considered a marvelous movie and is in top lists of all-time movies.

But then again, some people hate Citizen Kane too, thus it wouldn't be a good proof of the game's revolution-istic stuff. It all could be summarized with one word...

...opinions.

Your reply is invalid to the question I asked, be on your way if you can't tell me what is REVOLUTIONARY about TLOU.

PS - I actually love TLOU SP & find the MP to be enjoyable, anything else you wanna read from your crystal ball?

Nothing I could say would impress you, if you consider it to be in the "normal" game range. Thus I actually will be going on my way.

You don't need to impress me, lol at your incoherent responses, I asked someone a question & you took it upon yourself to get involved & seeing that you still cannot give me an answer to the question asked, I suggest you take my advice & be on your way since it's clear you have nothing of substance to contribute here.

Message 52 of 58 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

stentryk wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

In my opinion, GTA V looks like it could be the greatest game ever made. Those who dislike the series are probably shaking your heads right now, but to be honest it really does look perfect.

GTA IV was not perfect... The story dragged at some points (but I did finish it, and enjoyed it) and the game was often too realistic for its own good (such as the lack of planes) but I have still had a tonne of fun with it. The sheer amount of things you can do on the multiplayer when you get a few friends online... I struggle to see how anyone could find it boring.

In my opinion, GTA V will destroy The Last of Us for GOTY. Many of you shall disagree, but having seen that recent gameplay trailer, I find it hard to understand how. In what other game can you go from shopping for clothes, playing golf, to carrying out a massive bank heist... all in the same play session? It is the sort of game that will never really get old.

But, alas, I am but a schoolboy, so in some of your mindsets my opinion must be irrelevent anyway. 

Do you know why Citizen Kane, a movie from friggin' 1941 has continuely won Best Movie of All Time even to this day?

That is because Citizen Kane was the first movie to make moving pictures an art-form, with a deeper meaning, cinematography, characters and symbolism and the like.

The Last of Us is like Citizen Kane in those aspects, and it's also been called "Citizen Kane of Gaming" by some critics.

The Last of Us had amazing gameplay, but it also showed that games can be more than just gameplay, and be about story, emotional drive and character development and so on.

Gameplay wise, you are going to be able to do more in GTA V than in The Last of Us, but that doesn't mean anything, since many would say that The Last of Us is revolutionary in what it does.

You could search that from Google. Now, you're probably going to jump down my throat and preach hours of how it sucks and/or how it's not revolutional. Maybe it isn't. But it is what stentryk said, "Citizen Kane of gaming". Search from Wikipedia "Citizen Kane" and you see just why it's considered a marvelous movie and is in top lists of all-time movies.

But then again, some people hate Citizen Kane too, thus it wouldn't be a good proof of the game's revolution-istic stuff. It all could be summarized with one word...

...opinions.

Your reply is invalid to the question I asked, be on your way if you can't tell me what is REVOLUTIONARY about TLOU.

PS - I actually love TLOU SP & find the MP to be enjoyable, anything else you wanna read from your crystal ball?

Nothing I could say would impress you, if you consider it to be in the "normal" game range. Thus I actually will be going on my way.

You don't need to impress me, lol at your incoherent responses, I asked someone a question & you took it upon yourself to get involved & seeing that you still cannot give me an answer to the question asked, I suggest you take my advice & be on your way since it's clear you have nothing of substance to contribute here.

I already told you why it is revolutionary in my first post. Go back and read it.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 53 of 58 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2121 posts

Jul 17, 2013

stentryk wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

stentryk wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

...opinions.

I already told you why it is revolutionary in my first post. Go back and read it.

So far, I havent seen anything "revolutionary" just extremely welldone moments of gameplay and story. While this game is impressive, I wouldn't say it's "revolutionary" but a great example of would a game can become to be.

Message 54 of 58 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Does need to come out before GTA5 simply so that people do not spend their whole monthy game fund on GTA5 and COD:Ghosts and don't have anything left for TLOU DLC. Simple logic. People are more likely to buy the game in months before their release due to little competition from anything else.

Now in my opinion COD is a crappy arcade shooter for kids which people think is serious and hardcore because it has a realistic setting/themes but unrealistic gameplay. It's just the same crap Activision publish every year with slighty updated graphics.

GTA5 is more of a threat, if its as big of a step up and overwhelming as the jump from GTA:VC to GTASmiley FrustratedA then its likely going to be highly acclaimed, especially since I think GTA4 was crap and is the most overrated game of this generation, for all we know Rockstar have run out of ideas and GTA5 is the same old stuff with prettier graphics too.

Message 55 of 58 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 18, 2013

stentryk wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

stentryk wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

...opinions.

Let me quote what you define as revolutionary.
"but it also showed that games can be more than just gameplay, and be about story, emotional drive and character development and so on."
Either you're new to gaming or you don't know the definition of revolutionary.
Oh and FF 7 from 1997 did all that stufff without the inclusion of voice actors & expensive Mocap Tech.
Message 56 of 58 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 18, 2013

I would hope that the story DLC for The Last of Us comes out before GTA V for the game's sake, however I personally wouldn't mind putting down GTA V to play some TLOU, especially anything that can build on the world and characters.

Message 57 of 58 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jul 18, 2013

I'm not going to play GTAV at all.

I can't wait for the DLC, will get 1st day.

Message 58 of 58 (92 Views)
0 Likes