Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 10 2012
By: WOWA_x First Son 3 posts

The ammo count NEEDS to be removed from the HUD!

54 replies 628 views Edited Jun 10, 2012

So while watching the E3 gameplay, I immediately noticed something! The ammo count needs to be removed from the HUD!

Why? Well it's simple, it creates a lot more suspense and forces you to pick your shots. On top of that, you truly panic when you realise you have no ammo and an enemy is right infront of you.

The only way to check your ammo count would be to open up the gun itself and count for yourself. That would make a lot more sense and build a lot more suspense!

Thanks for reading!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 55 (628 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Re: The ammo count NEEDS to be removed from the HUD!

Jun 10, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 55 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Jun 10, 2012

i'm actually happy to see people spamming this, it needs to be done.

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 55 (628 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 10, 2012

I support this 100%.

When the enemies hear the click that the gun says when it has no ammo, they realise you are vulnerable and start coming after you. BUT why would you do that when you have an ammo count HUD in the corner of the screen??

More threads about this topic, please (I'm not sarcastic)

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 55 (628 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 10, 2012

Ahh I see you already have a thread. It's weird that we thought about the topic nearly EXACTLY the same !

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 55 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jun 10, 2012

I don't think that seems too logical considering people actually need to know how much ammo is in their gun now.  On a regular basis, people forget how much ammo is in their gun, but in a battle for your life you'll freakin know how much is in your gun and preserve the crap out of your ammo.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 55 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 10, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I don't think that seems too logical considering people actually need to know how much ammo is in their gun now.  On a regular basis, people forget how much ammo is in their gun, but in a battle for your life you'll freakin know how much is in your gun and preserve the crap out of your ammo.

There should be an option where you can take out the magazine and see how many bullets you have left.

Because honestly Naughty Dog's "Power of Balance" AI system will not work to its fullest if you can see the ammo count HUD. Because as I already said when the enemies hear the click that the gun says when it has no ammo, they realise you are vulnerable and start coming after you. BUT why would try to shoot when you can see you don't have any.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 55 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jun 10, 2012

Not all guns can do that though, like revolvers.  They still have the empty shell casings in the gun, so you'd have to take them all out and look for bullets.  That and pump shotguns.

I don't think it's really needed. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 55 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

I agree 100%.

Although I think there should be a toggle to switch beetween them just for the people who want to ammo count. 

Edit: Or whenever your reloading a HUD/GUI pops up telling you how much ammo you have, so you will be able to keep track aswell have the aspect that your mentioning which would be awesome

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 55 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2607 posts

Aug 20, 2012

I support this 100%! It would definitely make the game more interesting! And if they don't, then at least give me the option to remove it!

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 55 (590 Views)
0 Likes