PlayStation MVP
7638 posts

Re: The ammo count NEEDS to be removed from the HUD!

Apr 7, 2013
I don't mind it the way it is now, but it would be cool to find out how much ammo you have by taking the time to check your clip, like in condemned.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 55 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Supported 100%
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 55 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

I think this would be awesome, but not with a toggle that quickly shows you on screen how much ammo you have. I think there should be a button that when clicked joel quickly checks his ammo, looks at the chamber in a revolver, takes out the clip of a rifle, and then whispers to himself ... "3 bullets left.." or "2 clips" and so on. It would be like The King Kong game if anyone remembers that.

Skip to around 3:43 to see the example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph1VdxSx7r4

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 55 (133 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I Just want a Option to Turn off ALL HUD,
but the Check how many bullet's animation, sounds like an amazing idea!
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 55 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I think it's a terrible idea myself...
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 55 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 7, 2013

It's just an optional thing were asking for. A toggle.  

Some people prefer to not know how much ammo you have at all time, it adds to the atmosphere.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 55 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3472 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I agree. TAKE IT OFF!

Or just make it optional.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 55 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7638 posts

Apr 7, 2013
^That sounded sexy for a bit

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 55 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I understand the idea, but in a gameplay perspective it would be so annoying considering you have very little ammo anyway. It sounds like a thing that would screw you over and would take away any fun of the game. When you see you have no ammo, it's an opportunity to retreat and think of another tactic. Whereas if you went in thinking you did have bullets and find out you don't after trying to shoot someone, that would be stupid and annoying. Although if it were optional, then that's completely fine. I'm just saying if the game were shipped that way it would be ridiculous. It's like playing in a hardcore mode ther whole time.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 55 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2369 posts

Apr 7, 2013

PePziiC-x wrote:
I understand the idea, but in a gameplay perspective it would be so annoying considering you have very little ammo anyway. It sounds like a thing that would screw you over and would take away any fun of the game. When you see you have no ammo, it's an opportunity to retreat and think of another tactic. Whereas if you went in thinking you did have bullets and find out you don't after trying to shoot someone, that would be stupid and annoying. Although if it were optional, then that's completely fine. I'm just saying if the game were shipped that way it would be ridiculous. It's like playing in a hardcore mode ther whole time.

It seems what most posters here want is the option to check and see for yourself how many bullets you have left instead of having a big number right in your face letting you know how much ammo you have at all combat times. IMO this would be awesome. An optional toggle would be great, or just make it based on difficulty.

I do like what someone posted here earlier, about using an empty weapon strategically to make the enemy think you're volnurable and lure them out of hiding. I had never even thought about doing that until now.

"click click"
"I know that sound, I've got you now mo-"

"LOLJK" *shotgun to the face*

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 55 (74 Views)