Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
57 posts

Re: The ammo count NEEDS to be removed from the HUD!

Apr 7, 2013
I guess, but to me, checking for ammo in an animation would only work with a revolver. I don't know how that would work with other weapons....
Message 31 of 55 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9029 posts

Apr 7, 2013
^ You would take the magazine out and count how many bullets you have left

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 32 of 55 (175 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 8, 2013
You're gonna take out every single bullet (individually animated) with an automatic rifle? seems a bit redundant and inconvenient don't you think?
Message 33 of 55 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Condemened (Not sure this is spelled right) did this quite well. Check it out.  

Having an icon in your face  YOU HAVE 4 BULLETS LEFT is less tense than checking on your own admist a gunfight, or realizing you have no ammo when your about to dome a survivor. 

Now I hear you, not everyone wants to check their ammo every so often, cause it's a hassle. Hence the toggle. Beautiful little thing, goes on and off.   

But this may not even happen because ND could alreadly be done with the game, they could just be polishing. Regardless, this feature would make the game alot better, for me at least.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 34 of 55 (146 Views)
Naughty Host
9029 posts

Apr 8, 2013

PePziiC-x wrote:
You're gonna take out every single bullet (individually animated) with an automatic rifle? seems a bit redundant and inconvenient don't you think?

You don't need to take out each bullet

This is a P-mag:

The white part is transparent and it helps gauge how many bullets you have

There's this Glock Mag:

Each of thos holes would have a bullet seen through if the mag was full

And then theres this 1911 magazine, which has holes and markings for each bullet:

Case in point, you don't need to take out each individual bullet, so having an animation in which Joel takes out the magazine isn't that infeasible. If the guns he uses don't have these type of magazines, he can weigh the mag to estimate how many bullets he has left.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 35 of 55 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 8, 2013
That sounds SO overly complicated, and the odds of finding that kind of equipment 20 years after an outbreak that has destroyed many military bases considering the quarantine zone in boston is one of the last, odds are slim. And taking out a magazine and individually counting each hole to see if there is a bullet through seems JUST as IF NOT THE SAME as taking out each bullet.
Message 36 of 55 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9029 posts

Apr 8, 2013
These magazines are common. And an experienced killer would know how to count bullets in a mag

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 37 of 55 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 8, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
These magazines are common. And an experienced killer would know how to count bullets in a mag

Including Joel has been doing it for more than 20 years,I don't see what's the problem

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 38 of 55 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

TAKE THE "AMMO COUNT" OFF THE **bleep** HUD!

Please

Message 39 of 55 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Are players who sit in front of the tv playing video games an experienced killer? Does being an experienced killer make a difference with you're ability to count? Are we all marines sir!?!? My point is it would be annoying to count you're ammo while one-hit-kill monsters are running at you. If there is a toggle for this, than that's cool, but if it were shipped with this (which I highly doubt) than that would be dumb.
Message 40 of 55 (111 Views)