Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: The ammo count NEEDS to be removed from the HUD!

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

Being an experienced killer would increase your proficency with weaponry...  

I'm not an experienced killer or a soldier or a space marine or a hero. What does that have to do with video games? That logic makes no sense.  

I'm (not sure about anyone else) not asking for a feature that requires you to count. JUST a button, Joel does an animation, then a flash up on screen of your your current ammunition level. That's it.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 41 of 55 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11902 posts

Apr 8, 2013
@Pepzii - I was referring to Joel being a killer, not us gamers. Yes, he should know how to count bullets, which would take 1 second. And I didn't know we had to be marines to know about guns. I'll go back to my place as a civilian.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 42 of 55 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Lol exactly! That logic doesn't make any sense! So the fact he said it made no sense in the first place. And what you said, sir, makes EQUALLY no sense in a gameplay standpoint.considering what you just said, if you press a button, joel will do an animation, and the number of you ammunition will show up on screen. Right? but WHY in the WORLD would you want checking your ammunition mapped to a button that will show you the ammunition of your weapon, if it can be just shown on your hud in the first place!!! It would be so POINTLESS and a waste of time if it were as if you said it would be. Am I wrong??? I don't know anymore man....
Message 43 of 55 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 8, 2013
@AKyemeni who said you had to be a marine to know about guns? I know I didn't.
Message 44 of 55 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11902 posts

Apr 8, 2013
It's for the tension. Having information on the screen takes that away. You would always know how many bullets you have. You would have to memorize how many bullets you have fired since the last time you checked your gun. It would be more realistic, so to speak. This is what people are asking.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 45 of 55 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Let's agree to dis-agree. You have your opinion and we have ours. Arguing is getting us no-where, so let's just drop it man.

Message 46 of 55 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I know, I really didn't mean to come off as an a-hole to anyone if I did. I just ,as you said, had a different opinion and wanted to voice said opinion. So ya I'll just drop it...
Message 47 of 55 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11902 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Fine, I'll drop it, We all have different opinions. A good compromise: option for HUD to display ammo, and option to disable.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 48 of 55 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 8, 2013

No hard feelings man. No worries. 

Just a toggle for the feature would please everyone. Right? Right.

Message 49 of 55 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
788 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I'm not trying to stir up a previously deceased argument, but I can see where PePziiC-x is coming from.

I did some thinking and I'd say it should be reduced to only specific weapons, the ones with a higher capacity magazine/clip. It looks like a standard six-shot revolver is Joel's signature weapon - six shots really isn't many to keep track of, and given the circumstances after 20 years of continuous routine it wouldn't make sense for him to not keep track of the rounds. If he is always emptying out hunter's revolvers and slotting the bullets into his he would undoubtedly have a rough idea of the bullet count.

In this Condemned game, they're looking at clips. Makes sense. But if we're looking at having two different pistols - one where you'd have to check the rounds and the other you wouldn't - I'd easily stick with the revolver.

However I still support the idea because whilst it makes less sense for Joel not to know his bullet count, it makes more for me to have to keep checking because I'm not accustomed to doing so, making the experience that much more immersing.

Message 50 of 55 (79 Views)
0 Likes