Jul 09 2013
By: HoodlumX Uncharted Territory 1352 posts

The fastest selling PS3 game of 2013! (details)

[ Edited ]
20 replies 545 views Edited Jul 9, 2013

Click Here.

"Naughty Dog’s PlayStation 3 exclusive, The Last Of Us has sold over 3.4 million units worldwide since its release; the fastest selling PS3 title of 2013, according to Sony.

“These sales figures are a testament to the blockbuster quality of The Last Of Us,” said Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios."

It hasn't even been a full month since the game was released. That is a LOT of sales for a new IP. Well deserved Naughty Dog. I wonder how many copies will be sold by the end of the year?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (545 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

Re: The fastest selling PS3 game of 2013! (details)

Jul 9, 2013

I really hope this gets game of the year. It really deserves it. One of the best games ever made in my opinion. :smileyhappy: 

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.pricepeep.net/apps/tv-classic/pricepeep/tv-classic-pricepeep.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
763 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Well deserved! I hope The Last of Us sales over 10 million copies! This will send a signal to the industry, to step their game up! (no pun intended) We can have a engaging story without needing to shoot up everybody, every two minutes. We can have strong female characters without sexualizing them. We can have a game that tells a story without having to rely solely on cutscenes...for the game to be a critical and fincancial success.

Congrats NaughtyDog, and Ashley Johnson & Troy Baker!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Jul 9, 2013

No surprise here. Everyone was waiting eagerly for this game. It'll crack 5-6 million easy.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1633 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Excellent news.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 9, 2013
The hype before the reviews came in was immense.
A week before the game came out so many perfect scores flooded in and fueled the hype even more.

Thank god I preordered. I honestly don't know how hard it would've been to get a copy on launch day
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jul 9, 2013
This is such good news. I'm happy for naughty dog.

The people at naughty dog are gods. They created a big blockbuster ps3 selling franchise with Uncharted and then in one swoop they create a new I.p that isn't only better than Uncharted but it's more popular and sells better. THAT IS AMAZING
I think naughty dog was meant for this type of game. A serious game with harsh themes. They should be the ones who take over this genre in gaming. I don't see how they could go back to light hearted funny games like Uncharted and crash and stuff. This is what they do best and this is what the game industry needs.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (391 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Jul 9, 2013

I'm so glad they are being rewarded for going all out for quality. Too many single player campaigns now are well below 10 hours.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

I couldn't agree with you more. Naughty Dog should dump t...

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

themarcshark223 wrote:
This is such good news. I'm happy for naughty dog.

The people at naughty dog are gods. They created a big blockbuster ps3 selling franchise with Uncharted and then in one swoop they create a new I.p that isn't only better than Uncharted but it's more popular and sells better. THAT IS AMAZING
I think naughty dog was meant for this type of game. A serious game with harsh themes. They should be the ones who take over this genre in gaming. I don't see how they could go back to light hearted funny games like Uncharted and crash and stuff. This is what they do best and this is what the game industry needs.

I couldn't agree with you more. Naughty Dog should dump the whole light-hearted slapstick hero genre (but still keep Nolan North for voice acting - why does he never get old? - of course) and start making more serious mature-themed games like this. I've never seen a game with such mature, believable voice acting (except maybe MGS series, but in a diff comic-book way), or a game so powerfully emotional. As soon as the intro finished (I had my PS3 hooked up to a flatscreen monitor), I was like **bleep**

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (366 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Wow this is amazing. It sure is a proper reward for the GotY :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (352 Views)
0 Likes