Aug 07 2013
By: Rexorsist Splicer 76 posts

The infinite universe?

4 replies 268 views Edited Aug 7, 2013

I've been thinking (thinking, ouch!) a lot about the multiverse theory and the whole infinite-universe thing and a random thought popped up in my head, if it's true that the universe is infinite, then maybe all pieces of fiction are real some place in the universe, MEANING maybe somewhere out there, The Last of Us is really happening with Joel and Ellie living in a version of the world where Cordyceps hit humans.

I've got a big imagination and I guess I'm thinking out loud...

But hey! It's a fun topic, right? Smiley Tongue

Thoughts? Smiley Happy

random, I know.

Message 1 of 5 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: The infinite universe?

Aug 7, 2013

Seems like Bioshock Infinite territory here.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 2 of 5 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

Rexorsist wrote:

I've been thinking (thinking, ouch!) a lot about the multiverse theory and the whole infinite-universe thing and a random thought popped up in my head, if it's true that the universe is infinite, then maybe all pieces of fiction are real some place in the universe, MEANING maybe somewhere out there, The Last of Us is really happening with Joel and Ellie living in a version of the world where Cordyceps hit humans.

I've got a big imagination and I guess I'm thinking out loud...

But hey! It's a fun topic, right? Smiley Tongue

Thoughts? Smiley Happy

random, I know.

Not only that but it and everything else has happened an infinite number of times already and into an infinite future.  Sooo... I'm not buying it at all this way.  A much more 'practical' multiverse would an infinite number of them each different just like every snowflake on Earth is different--or so I've been told.  It's just like what would get typed out if you had an infinite number of monkeys sitting behind typewriters.  I think the theoretical physicists need to focus and resolve dark matter and dark energy, take a deep breath, and start over before we start dreaming of identical universes and how we can enter them.  Just saying... Smiley Happy I know one thing.  Good science never reaches conclusions...it is always testing and retesting, but us commoners would rather swallow what science talks about hook, line, and sinker... just because the iPhone was invented.
IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Message 3 of 5 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

It wouldn't yet be happening anyway, it starts in September (if I am correct that Joel's birthday was in September, saw it somewhere).

And yes, that was random, OP. But a cool idea, multiverses are interesting.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 4 of 5 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Rexorsist wrote:

maybe somewhere out there, The Last of Us is really happening with Joel and Ellie living in a version of the world where Cordyceps hit humans.

It's possible, and i'd like to think that way but there is just no way of proving it... yet.

Message 5 of 5 (129 Views)
0 Likes