Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4888 posts
 

Re: The last naughty dog game i buy

Jun 23, 2013
@plaZeHD7, put your glasses back on. You're even more blind. If you don't like it, don't play it. And more importantly, don't post about it because no one wants to listen to you complain.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 73 (156 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
875 posts
 

Re: The last naughty dog game i buy

Jun 23, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
@plaZeHD7, put your glasses back on. You're even more blind. If you don't like it, don't play it. And more importantly, don't post about it because no one wants to listen to you complain.

I have not said I hate the game, now have I? But I still feel cheated that they removed so many good features from the E3 2012 demo, and those features combined are the one that got me excited for the game in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 73 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4888 posts
 

Re: The last naughty dog game i buy

Jun 23, 2013
So you would rather have a game that doesn't run smoothly because of the features they took out, rather than feel cheated? Not me. They took the features out for the game to run more smooth.

P.S, I didn't say you hated the game, "now did I".
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 73 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
875 posts
 

Re: The last naughty dog game i buy

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
So you would rather have a game that doesn't run smoothly because of the features they took out, rather than feel cheated? Not me. They took the features out for the game to run more smooth.

P.S, I didn't say you hated the game, "now did I".

What are you trying to prove? The E3 demos were perfect. Everything seemed natural and had no issues. In fact it's actually the final product that doesn't run smoothly and is bugged as hell. I mean I can't even play a single multiplayer match at all. And I noticed that they downgraded the melee combat. The tangibleness feels awkward, but I can live with that.

And I am pretty sure you said that "you don't like it".

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 73 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4888 posts
 

Re: The last naughty dog game i buy

Jun 23, 2013
I don't like a person. Do I hate that person? No. There's a fine line between dislike and hate.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 73 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/21/2012
Offline
875 posts
 

Re: The last naughty dog game i buy

Jun 23, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I don't like a person. Do I hate that person? No. There's a fine line between dislike and hate.

Either way, I don't hate the game nor do I dislike it. Like I said before I feel cheated.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 73 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/30/2012
Offline
260 posts
 

Re: The last naughty dog game i buy

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

Can we just put the bugs and such in perspective? A lot of the games were mass produced and had a pressing error on a huge scale. Sure this blurs the line between where ND have bugs and glitches but they are no where near on the actual scale of unplayability but your run of the mill bugs. If you are having issues such as game failure to point of not even being able to play a single match, it is more than likely your disc and often why replacing it does not solve the issue, the pressing company had that many effected copies.

 

As for the E3 demo, that was one section of the game that is later tweaked. For better or for worse, however of course the one they show will have little, if any, to no bugs. Why show off a faulty section? Also, they know exactly how the A.I works. Look how slowly they played, they didn't overload it like most players are doing with traps up the whazoo. They simply showed each and every feature, taking their time, sometimes up to a minute before even moving onto the next enemy.

 

The A.I was dumbed down but not the degree people see to think. Disarming, human sheilds and much more are still in the game. Does the A.I do it as often? No, though it certainly is ramped up on Survivor mode. Disarming only ever tends to happen if you have no weapon and no ammo, it's not a willy nilly move to use, same for human sheilds and a lot of things have to be taken into account by the engine. Placement, objects, ammo, health, how well you are doing, A.I placement, how many A.I is left and so on. Think about those alone and how many variables that is, so sometimes the A.I can't keep up or simply goes a different route to the one you want. Even your basic melee system has some degree of A.I into how Joel throws a punch, whether he smashes, throws or even knees someone. That is literally how much chance is put out from this engine and its A.I when it is not overloaded. It's a little petty to feel cheated that out of all those variables you didn't get something even close to what happened in the E3 demo, it was bound to happen. 

 

The melee system alone, on each punch, sets out hundreds of invisible rays that scan the area for how Joel reacts, for the enemy reacts and most importantly, the game itself. Which may also effect the feeling to it. Sometimes it feel sleek and quick, others raw and intense, even prolonged.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 73 (117 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/02/2012
Offline
391 posts
 

Re: The last naughty dog game i buy

Jun 23, 2013

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

CrippledHustla wrote:

tomb raider came out after uncharted though... your logic is flawed


Tomb Raider started in 1996.

 

:smileyindifferent:


He means the reboot

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 73 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 01/02/2008
Online
521 posts
 

Re: The last naughty dog game i buy

Jun 23, 2013
They didn't ruin anything. They have a team who specializes in multiplayer. And if something is annoying to you, why don't you just not play it? And I think the multipalyer is not poorly planned at all. I think it's great aside from a few tiny problems here and there. And every game is a knock off of something. Why even mention. Every shooting game is a copy of other shooting games. Not sure what your point is.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 73 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/11/2010
Offline
405 posts
 

Re: The last naughty dog game i buy

Jun 23, 2013

chaystic wrote:

CrippledHustla wrote:

tomb raider came out after uncharted though... your logic is flawed


Are you stupid or just ignorant? LMAO.


stupid and ignorant are the same thing - _-  and he is talking about mp as Tomb Raider never had mp til after Uncharted had it twice.

 photo tloumpreveal_zpse1518e02.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 73 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes