May 19 2013
By: themarcshark223 Hekseville Citizen 392 posts

The last of us 2 ideas

12 replies 631 views Edited May 19, 2013
I know that naughty dog has said that there aren't any plans for tlou 2 but cmon people... If tlou comes out and us amazing people are going to die for a sequel. I know I will. Naughty dog also stated that there wouldn't be Joel and ellie if there's a sequel.

Now I'm not going to throw out any story ideas and character ideas because I just can't. Naughty dog can worry about that.

But one idea I do have is for it to be open world. Now I know that isn't a very original idea but just imagine. Imagine having that amazing tlou gameplay, crafting, sound and graphics but on a ps4 and it being open world. I can see that being a huge game. Everybody loves post apocalyptic games and I feel that this game would be hugely popular. Even more so than tlou1. Imagine having whole cities, and towns, and forests to explore. And naughty dog should take open world games to the next level and make it so you could go inside all the buildings. This would be like the most immersive and fun game ever. It would be like dayz but 1000 times better.

For people wondering how the story would be told in an open world setting I have u covered. Usually in open world games you have to go to a certain person or location to get your mission but you could just run around the city and do things just for fun. But that wouldn't really make sense for tlou because no one would choose to go out into the world and risk death. So instead I would make it so you have to get somewhere to progress the story but you have to travel all the way there yourself. For example your mission is to reach somebody that is across the city so that literally what you do. You have to make it through the whole city. And you could find cars and things to use and you could go inside buildings to scavenge and stuff like that. I would also make it so you could save anytime you want. Because I don't see any checkpoint system being effective in this game.

Am I making any sense? Doesn't this sound cool to anyone? This would be like my favorite game ever. I know I'm thinking too far ahead but still. It would be amazing. I could see a game like that being SO popular. Like call of duty popular. Who wouldn't want to play a game like that?
Message 1 of 13 (631 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Re: The last of us 2 ideas

May 19, 2013

I think that Naughty Dog shouldn't stick to one series, even though Last of Us will be succesful, that does not mean they should make a second game. Have faith in the dog, anything they make will be awesome. I for one am hoping for a Jak 4 but that doesn't seem likely. 

BTW, from everything you want you should probably play Fallout 3, its **bleep** amazing

Message 2 of 13 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

May 19, 2013

what I hope is this: Naughty Dog has 2 teams, I want 1 team to be innovative and make new IP's (I don't even know what IP means exactly, but I'll use it anyway Smiley Tongue ), like The Last of Us, and the other continues with the popular series Uncharted until people are sick of Uncharted (which takes a while hopefully Smiley Happy ), and then they turn their most popular new IP into a franchise, and so on, I think that is a great way to work because that way you keep all the talented people under one roof, because some people like to innovate and those can work on the new IP's, and some people just like perfecting a franchise people love so much, if you don't have that, you're talent walks away from you, take Infinity Ward for example, the studio who only makes Call of Duty games, I heard multiple stories of people that just don't like working their anymore, because all they do is pushing out one Call of Duty game each year, there are people who like variety too you know, so they walk away and go work somewhere else Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 13 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11013 posts

May 19, 2013
^IP means Intellectual property, which refers to brand new "original" games

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 4 of 13 (566 Views)
Fender Bender
3482 posts

May 19, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
^IP means Intellectual property, which refers to brand new "original" games

I knew it means new 'original' games, but not that it means intellectual property, and I have been using 'IP' for years without knowing their meaning, it's funny how you learn words around here and you use them because you know when to use them, but not what they really mean, same for instance 'OP', people use that to direct their message to the person who started the thread (thread, another word I don't know what it means in my language), I guess it means opening poster or something, but I'm not sure, and about thread, I don't have any idea what it means, I think just the same as topic or something... Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 13 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

May 19, 2013

I hope that if there's another story, it's set at the beginning of the infection. Maybe the first year or two before the military takes drastic action.

sig.png

Message 6 of 13 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

May 19, 2013

I absolutely agree with you Marc (I hope that's your name).  The Last of Us - Open World would be a GREAT game to play!  WE would be able to decide for ourselves where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do.  How we wanted to play the game.  Imagine a world (sounds like the beginning of a movie trailer, doesn't it?) like this where we would have the freedom to go and do what we wanted to for ourselves,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ino9QBmtWc0

See, though linear games do have a stronger story element, they're basically one time play games and then they go on the shelf.  After one play through, you know the story line, you know the path you have to take, there's nothing new left to see.  Essentially replaying a linear game is like watching a rerun on TV.  There's not much reason to watch the same show again and again.  But unlike a TV show, you've just layed down $60 for a one time use game.  Sure the MP (I'm not one) people will squeeze a little more life out of it, but how many people would put down that kind of money on any other kind of one use only game? 

Open world games, on the other hand, offer you any number of way to play the game, endings, restarts, you name it.  So I agree with you Marc.  I hope if ND decides to make a sequel to TLoU (and I really hope they do), I can't imagine a better way to do that than open world!

Message 7 of 13 (514 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 19, 2013
You haven't even played the first freakin' game. Why is there talk about a **bleep** sequel? For all we know everyone on the planet dies at the end of this game.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 8 of 13 (498 Views)
Wastelander
769 posts

May 19, 2013

I hope to never see an open world Naughty Dog game.

About your comments on it being shelfed after one play through, speak for youself lol.

sig.png

Message 9 of 13 (489 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Nov 9, 2013
Psilo, I guess you've never seen Jak 3 then
Message 10 of 13 (282 Views)