Jul 31 2013
By: vicnin02 First Son 2 posts

The last of us also broke my ps3

14 replies 1471 views Edited Jul 31, 2013

at the cut scene when Joel kill Marlene the screen turn black and it froze, after that my ps3 doesnt read any bluray or game, just dvds, already change my reader but nothing. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 15 (1,471 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: The last of us also broke my ps3

Jul 31, 2013
It's probably just coincidence. But how old is your PS3, is it fat, or Slim, does it have enough air flow, and have you cleaned it recently?
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 2 of 15 (1,470 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

This same exact thing happened with my PS3 when watching "Taken" a couple years ago in college (fricken Liam Neeson!) Its something that would happen with the old Blue Ray players. I am going to take a guess and say you had one of the bulkier old models. My advice to you, dont try to fix it yourself unless you know the exact replacement blue ray disk player for it. I took my PS3 apart and when it came to securing the new blue ray player I was disappointed that the one I got was for a different generation PS3, although taking the system apart and seeing how it works was pretty fun on its own. Good thing for you PS3s are much cheaper now than they were when I had to replace mine. Think of it as an opportunity to finally upgrade that hard drive space and enjoy a lot more digital content with a newer (and cheaper $$ wise) model.

Message 3 of 15 (1,462 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jul 31, 2013

whytenoiz wrote:

This same exact thing happened with my PS3 when watching "Taken" a couple years ago in college (fricken Liam Neeson!) Its something that would happen with the old Blue Ray players. I am going to take a guess and say you had one of the bulkier old models. My advice to you, dont try to fix it yourself unless you know the exact replacement blue ray disk player for it. I took my PS3 apart and when it came to securing the new blue ray player I was disappointed that the one I got was for a different generation PS3, although taking the system apart and seeing how it works was pretty fun on its own. Good thing for you PS3s are much cheaper now than they were when I had to replace mine. Think of it as an opportunity to finally upgrade that hard drive space and enjoy a lot more digital content with a newer (and cheaper $$ wise) model.

Well yeah, Taken had always had problems with PS3's. Liam Neeson always found them, and he always killed them Smiley Very Happy

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 4 of 15 (1,450 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Jul 31, 2013

It killed mine too on loading screen but I was happy it was just the BR drive and nothing else that would require me to buy a new ps3. You going to have to get a new BR drive. 

photo TLOU1_zpsd19d635d.jpg
Message 5 of 15 (1,441 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

Software like The Last of Us should not break hardware.  My original PS3 fat got the YLOD while playing Modern Warfare 2.  It wasn't MW2's fault, my PS3 just died.  It's a coincidence that it broke while playing The Last of US.

Message 6 of 15 (1,412 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Let's all just face the facts.  The Last of Us is too good for consoles.  Everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong.  An amazing game, gone savage... those naughty dogs.

Message 7 of 15 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

Your BD laser failed. You can get it replaced on eBay for 30 - 60$ depending on your PS3 model. It's likely a KES-400A laser (20, 60, first gen 80GB). Or you can buy a new PS3 and sell your broken one.

Message 8 of 15 (1,397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 30, 2013

ATTENTION!!! the exact same thing happened to my friend, he put the disc in and his blue ray player died immediately and would only read dvd's!! he had to send it to sony and wait for it to be returned before he could play the game. all these people cannot be wrong! i think these people saying it is a coincidence are fools and possibly are employees of naughty dog trying to cover their behinds! i myself hav gotten to the university where u aquire the flamethrower and now the path i need to take has not loaded and is all grey so i saved and restarted hoping it would fix it but now wen i go on continue it refuses to load and stays stuck at 0.00!! i am using a 160gb slimline, it is not brand new but is in full working order and does not struggle to read any of my other 60+ collection of games!! i am now very worried to keep trying to get it to load knowing wot happened to my friend and also to a lot of u guys i see! it is a great game i cannot deny that but it is clear to me that the ps3 certainly cannot handle the software and i am very frustrated and disappointed that it appears i cannot finish it without buying a brand spanking new ps3 or have a new blue ray player fitted only 3 months before the new ps4 console is released. i think even then u risk destroying a new ps3 or blue ray player. naughty dog obviously didnt test the game thoroughly on the ps3 console or they just released it anyway knowing the problems it would cause. i hope u guys who hav had problems get the expenses of your repairs covered although i doubt u will because its always someone elses problem and im sure sony and naughty dog will argue over who is to blame. its probably a little of both. i just wanted to second wot u guys were saying and dismiss those nonsense claims of coincidence.

Message 9 of 15 (1,235 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Aug 31, 2013
You must be the most paranoid dumb sucker in the WORLD.
I am on my 6th play through and nothing has happened to me any of my friends. You and your friend were coincidence's. Im not covering ND behind I don't even KNOW them like that.
Message 10 of 15 (1,183 Views)
0 Likes