Jun 23 2013
By: Hav0k569 Splicer 74 posts

The meta game should be toned down but still be intense.

[ Edited ]
9 replies 311 views Edited Jun 23, 2013

Don't get me wrong. I play quite a bit of the multiplayer and I love all the ideas that ND has put into TLOU MP but I do think in some ways that the meta game should be completely optional. Maybe put it in a hardcore playlist or make a playlist where you can play without the meta game/ worrying about your clan. I've been doing a lot of chatting with people in game and it just seems to be turning so many people off of the game.

This is not a call to arms or to say ND doesn't know what they're doing. Once again these are just some of my thoughts, and I'd greatly appreciate all the contructive input the community has to offer. Smiley Very Happy

In no way shape or form do i feel or want the actual MP itself to change other than the latency issues and other minor tweaks that may need to be made. I feel it's still a struggle for survival no matter what, meta game or no meta game

Message 1 of 10 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Re: The meta game should be toned down but still be intense.

Jun 23, 2013
Why would it tur you off, I just ignore it and play like it doesnt exist.
Message 2 of 10 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Huh, I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of aggressive language in the OP, glad you're calm and not completely dissing the Dogs, Kudos! Smiley Happy

And yeah! It would be great to try and tone it down a bit! Optional if possible! I like the idea, especially when I pass my required parts, but trying to get them can be rather distracting from really helping me team!
Message 3 of 10 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 23, 2013
I personally have no big problem with the whole concept. Based on how i've seen other people online react to the meta game sometimes. this post was just to suggest something be tweaked based on how many people ive been talking to and hearing their opinions on it. me personally as i said before actually do like the meta game,
Message 4 of 10 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I do agree it's difficult to gather the required supplies once your population gets pretty high.

It's even resulted in my friends and I just exploiting the heal system in order to get our daily supplies. Or, even to pass certain missions/events.

I wish there was another way to gather daily supplies, because if I'm on a team with 3 other really good players, they may get most or all of the downs/kills. So my clan could starve because I wasn't a fast enough shot, or whatever happened that game.

The clan system in Factions rewards you for doing well by yourself, not as a team.

Don't get me wrong, I am completely addicted to the multiplayer, I'd just like to see a system that could reward teamwork rather than kill-stealing. 

That being said, I love this game and everything about it. Haven't even finished the story mode yet because I don't want it to end! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
266 posts

Jun 23, 2013
It definitely encourages everyone to become kill thieves.
Message 6 of 10 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Let's keep the discussion going! Smiley Very Happy Anyway, maybe ND could incoperate more teamwork oriented ways to gather supplies. Say for instance if you get an assist on a teammates kill you might earn a determined amount of supplies or something like that. or when you mark an enemy player and your teammate kills them give out a certain number of supplies to the spotter.
Message 7 of 10 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Sieeker wrote:
It definitely encourages everyone to become kill thieves.

a K/D ratio encourages kill thieves

Message 8 of 10 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Hav0k569 wrote:
Let's keep the discussion going! Smiley Very Happy Anyway, maybe ND could incoperate more teamwork oriented ways to gather supplies. Say for instance if you get an assist on a teammates kill you might earn a determined amount of supplies or something like that. or when you mark an enemy player and your teammate kills them give out a certain number of supplies to the spotter.

I really like the spotter supplies idea, I find it very helpful when people with Hawkeye 2+ are marking enemies on the map, since you can essentially see which way they're headed without being in listening mode.

Message 9 of 10 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
441 posts

Jun 23, 2013
You do get parts when you spot someone.
Message 10 of 10 (88 Views)
0 Likes