Sep 08 2013
By: conquerator3 Uncharted Territory 1335 posts

The next-gen engine

[ Edited ]
10 replies 372 views Edited Sep 8, 2013

If you asked me, TLoU engine [which is in fact just an updated Uncharted engine] is perfectly suitable for next-gen.

The necessary thing I'd love to see is a better form of anti-aliasing, because jaggies is the only thing that plagues The Last of Us visuals in my opinion.

Just add better AA, some more visual and real-time, dynamic effects, etc, and coat it in more polygons and you are ready to roll.

What I am trying to say is that the engine is great and could easily be used for some time [and I do believe ND said they will]

So just kinda stating the obvious here :] Add some glitter and please, please, use some awesome AA techniques as that is the only thing that kinda ruins it. [At least for me, as I tend to play games on 24 - 26"LED monitors... I do realize it is less obvious on bigger screens, but...]

They have already outdone themselves for this generation, but these things would be great to have in the next-gen era... and since they are already working on a title... y'know...

That would just be awesome Smiley Very Happy

Thank you.

Message 1 of 11 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Re: The next-gen engine

Sep 8, 2013
ND have already said that they will keep the same engine for at least their next, next gen game.
Message 2 of 11 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Sep 8, 2013

Sejborg wrote:
ND have already said that they will keep the same engine for at least their next, next gen game.

I know, I know.

I am just saying what I hope it'll bring :}

Message 3 of 11 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Sep 8, 2013

Sejborg wrote:

I think you're taking that out of context. They said they would keep it, but they also said they would upgrade it where needed, instead of creating a whole new engine. If ND releases TLoU 2, those graphics will surpass TLoU.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 4 of 11 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Sep 8, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Sejborg wrote:

I think you're taking that out of context. They said they would keep it, but they also said they would upgrade it where needed, instead of creating a whole new engine. If ND releases TLoU 2, those graphics will surpass TLoU.

Well. I assumed that was a given. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Sep 8, 2013

Sejborg wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Sejborg wrote:

Well. I assumed that was a given. Smiley Happy

Ah, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page Smiley Tongue

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 6 of 11 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Sep 9, 2013
Certainly if next gen.
If current gen, it's hard to imagine how...
There is not much to squeeze here... It would be very hard to improve on anything IMO.
It's perfectly fine for this gen and easily ready to be tweaked for next gen.
As for a sequel... Just release on either or both... I'd buy it Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 11 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2013

conquerator3 wrote:
Certainly if next gen.
There is not much to squeeze here... It would be very hard to improve on anything IMO.

I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog's next game will be on the PS4 only. You know, to push people into buying the next console. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Sejborg wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:
Certainly if next gen.

I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog's next game will be on the PS4 only. You know, to push people into buying the next console. Smiley Happy

Well some companies, who made XBox 360, and PS3 games, still published PS2 versions of their games untill last year (because support for the PS2 was dropped). So I don't doubt for quite a while we'll start to see games being released for PS3/4 and 360/ONE. I'd say once 2014 ends, PS4, and ONE, are going to start getting the AAA titles.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 9 of 11 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Sep 9, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Sejborg wrote:

conquerator3 wrote:
Certainly if next gen.

Well some companies, who made XBox 360, and PS3 games, still published PS2 versions of their games untill last year (because support for the PS2 was dropped). So I don't doubt for quite a while we'll start to see games being released for PS3/4 and 360/ONE. I'd say once 2014 ends, PS4, and ONE, are going to start getting the AAA titles.

Except there's already exclusives for PS4/One. inFAMOUS Second Son being only one(that I'm quite sad about :c) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 10 of 11 (189 Views)
0 Likes