Splicer
40 posts

Re: The one big flaw in this game that killed the illusion for me.

Jun 21, 2013

Answering anyone who said "i don't understand why peple are complaining about this" well DUUUUUUH!!!!! Seriously how can anyone ask this? iIsn't it obvious that, in a realistic game like this, a companion running in front of an enemy, even bumping oh him, kills it? HELL YEAH I wanted them to notice my companions! Otherwise there's no need at all for any companion in a feeaking sneaky game...

Frankly people...

Message 21 of 73 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 21, 2013

luizhd wrote:

Answering anyone who said "i don't understand why peple are complaining about this" well DUUUUUUH!!!!! Seriously how can anyone ask this? iIsn't it obvious that, in a realistic game like this, a companion running in front of an enemy, even bumping oh him, kills it? HELL YEAH I wanted them to notice my companions! Otherwise there's no need at all for any companion in a feeaking sneaky game...

Frankly people...

Then go program it, and we'll all play your awesome version of this game, where glitches and bugs abound becuase people complained about the AI not being noitced. If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to traverse any levels because you would constantly get spotted.

Message 22 of 73 (101 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Frankly people...

Then go program it, and we'll all play your awesome version of this game, where glitches and bugs abound becuase people complained about the AI not being noitced. If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to traverse any levels because you would constantly get spotted.

Sadly I can't, I model characters, not program but there are a few solutions that could easily be added to fix this, like ellie always running to stay under your arms while behind of a small cover.

Stop using the "make a better one" kind of answer

Message 23 of 73 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Why in God's name would you want them to notice your companions?
Message 24 of 73 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 21, 2013

luizhd wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Frankly people...

Sadly I can't, I model characters, not program but there are a few solutions that could easily be added to fix this, like ellie always running to stay under your arms while behind of a small cover.

Stop using? Nope. I said it once. you need to stop complaining about things that they decided to do. Obvisouly this was a choice by ND, so #dealwithit.

Message 25 of 73 (91 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jun 21, 2013

luizhd wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Frankly people...

So, the character modelist suddenly knows how to program "an easy fix" for the A.I eh? I hope you know that if they were to add that "easy fix" to Ellie's A.I script, and paths, it would require the majority of the A.I script (All enemies, and Friendlies) in the game being re written, causing a multitude of problems, resulting in the game being delayed three or four months.

I know this because I'm quite fluent in C, and C++ languages. Just go back to modelling before you emabarass yourself any more than you already have.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 26 of 73 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jun 21, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Frankly people...

Stop using? Nope. I said it once. you need to stop complaining about things that they decided to do. Obvisouly this was a choice by ND, so #dealwithit.

It's called criticizing and anything released to a public will be criticized. For a game to be rated manye things are taked in consideration regardless of it being a choice or not. If they couldn't program a better AI that is a flaw and I'm not saying they should be stoned for that, but it is. And they will probably work harder on their next AI using this one as base. I didn't like so I will expose my critic, that's why a forum was created and you can put your opinion too, just do that without siding with anything and think about everything ligically.

Message 27 of 73 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Frankly people...

So, the character modelist suddenly knows how to program "an easy fix" for the A.I eh? I hope you know that if they were to add that "easy fix" to Ellie's A.I script, and paths, it would require the majority of the A.I script (All enemies, and Friendlies) in the game being re written, causing a multitude of problems, resulting in the game being delayed three or four months.

I know this because I'm quite fluent in C, and C++ languages. Just go back to modelling before you emabarass yourself any more than you already have.

Did you notice the part where I said I model character I can't program? I think you are making yourself of fool, try reading carefully next time.

Also Game Designers who can't program sit down to brainstorm about solutions before sending it to programmers, so most of the decisions are made by people who can't program.

Message 28 of 73 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Frankly people...

Did you notice the part where I said I model character I can't program? I think you are making yourself of fool, try reading carefully next time

If you character model, you don't know what an easy fix is, I'm a programmer, I know what that is, and what you said certainly isn't.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 29 of 73 (74 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 21, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Frankly people...

Did you notice the part where I said I model character I can't program? I think you are making yourself of fool, try reading carefully next time

Yup, I'm a fool. Proof read, good fellow, proof read.

Kids these days. Everyone thinks they know how to fix something when they have no experience and have no clue what they're talking about.

Message 30 of 73 (67 Views)
0 Likes