Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
671 posts

Re: The one big flaw in this game that killed the illusion for me.

Jun 21, 2013

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Answering anyone who said "i don't understand why peple are complaining about this" well DUUUUUUH!!!!! Seriously how can anyone ask this? iIsn't it obvious that, in a realistic game like this, a companion running in front of an enemy, even bumping oh him, kills it? HELL YEAH I wanted them to notice my companions! Otherwise there's no need at all for any companion in a feeaking sneaky game...

Frankly people...

Then go program it, and we'll all play your awesome version of this game, where glitches and bugs abound becuase people complained about the AI not being noitced. If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to traverse any levels because you would constantly get spotted.

Sadly I can't, I model characters, not program but there are a few solutions that could easily be added to fix this, like ellie always running to stay under your arms while behind of a small cover.

Stop using the "make a better one" kind of answer

So, the character modelist suddenly knows how to program "an easy fix" for the A.I eh? I hope you know that if they were to add that "easy fix" to Ellie's A.I script, and paths, it would require the majority of the A.I script (All enemies, and Friendlies) in the game being re written, causing a multitude of problems, resulting in the game being delayed three or four months.

I know this because I'm quite fluent in C, and C++ languages. Just go back to modelling before you emabarass yourself any more than you already have.

Did you notice the part where I said I model character I can't program? I think you are making yourself of fool, try reading carefully next time

Yup, I'm a fool. Proof read, good fellow, proof read.

I'm sorry did I hurt your programmer little heart? I'll call people who have ideas to give you so you won't feel sad that you don't have an imagination. You know what happens when a programmer can't fix something? |They ask the game designers who don't know how to program what to do... boohooo!

What in the world are you going on about!? Are you suddenly a game designer now too? Never go full **bleep**.

Do you like putting your own interpretations of what people do to manipulate it? Did I say I was a game designer? Or did I say I'll call one?

Both posts still make no sense, I wash my hands of this.

God you really can't read a text and interpretate it can you?

No cause a programmer can't interperet anything, right. How bout all those codes?

Message 41 of 73 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Answering anyone who said "i don't understand why peple are complaining about this" well DUUUUUUH!!!!! Seriously how can anyone ask this? iIsn't it obvious that, in a realistic game like this, a companion running in front of an enemy, even bumping oh him, kills it? HELL YEAH I wanted them to notice my companions! Otherwise there's no need at all for any companion in a feeaking sneaky game...

Frankly people...

Then go program it, and we'll all play your awesome version of this game, where glitches and bugs abound becuase people complained about the AI not being noitced. If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to traverse any levels because you would constantly get spotted.

Sadly I can't, I model characters, not program but there are a few solutions that could easily be added to fix this, like ellie always running to stay under your arms while behind of a small cover.

So, the character modelist suddenly knows how to program "an easy fix" for the A.I eh? I hope you know that if they were to add that "easy fix" to Ellie's A.I script, and paths, it would require the majority of the A.I script (All enemies, and Friendlies) in the game being re written, causing a multitude of problems, resulting in the game being delayed three or four months.

I know this because I'm quite fluent in C, and C++ languages. Just go back to modelling before you emabarass yourself any more than you already have.

Did you notice the part where I said I model character I can't program? I think you are making yourself of fool, try reading carefully next time

I'm sorry did I hurt your programmer little heart? I'll call people who have ideas to give you so you won't feel sad that you don't have an imagination. You know what happens when a programmer can't fix something? |They ask the game designers who don't know how to program what to do... boohooo!

What in the world are you going on about!? Are you suddenly a game designer now too? Never go full **bleep**.

Do you like putting your own interpretations of what people do to manipulate it? Did I say I was a game designer? Or did I say I'll call one?

Both posts still make no sense, I wash my hands of this.

God you really can't read a text and interpretate it can you?

No cause a programmer can't interperet anything, right. How bout all those codes?

Thanks Creative Design Director, I'm glad I have you working with me, and not this Character Modelist/Programmer/Game Designer.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 42 of 73 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jun 21, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

What the hell are you going on about?

i'm talking to the C++ guy

I know. The C++ guy is 10 feet away from me. We're both laughing our **bleep** off. **bleep**! I left goddamn Steven back at camp!

I'll drown courtney in the **bleep** shallowest pond there is!

Good for you and yoour friend. Same is happening here are the studio I work at. So kudos

Message 43 of 73 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

Jun 21, 2013

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

I know. The C++ guy is 10 feet away from me. We're both laughing our **bleep** off. **bleep**! I left goddamn Steven back at camp!

Good for you and yoour friend. Same is happening here are the studio I work at. So kudos

A studio really? That's chump, we're making it in the beach house they used to film Iron Man 1, 2, and 3 in.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 44 of 73 (79 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 21, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

A studio really? That's chump, we're making it in the beach house they used to film Iron Man 1, 2, and 3 in.

Why? Because we're champin'...and possibly hunkin'. I'm always up to somethin'....

Message 45 of 73 (73 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Why? Because we're champin'...and possibly hunkin'. I'm always up to somethin'....

We're always winnin, swimmin 'cause our looks are through the ceilin! *High Five*

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 46 of 73 (71 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 21, 2013

whoady4shoady wrote:

Your NPC mates just run past the baddies and stand out in the open and have no repurcussions at all. This is the only reason and it s big one for me, that this game should have never received a perfect score from anyone  IMHO. It just made the game seem goofy and destroyed the immersion for me. Still loved the game for its great gameplay and story though.

You picked the wrong place to complain, friend. 

This place is full of Naughty Dog groupies that won't accept that there aren't any flaws in the game(even though there are).

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 47 of 73 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 21, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Frankly people...

Kids these days. Everyone thinks they know how to fix something when they have no experience and have no clue what they're talking about.

Naughty Dog groupies these days. Everyone of them thinks they know exactly why ND can't make the AI function better, when they have no clue what they're talking about.

It works both ways pal. 

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 48 of 73 (49 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7116 posts

Jun 21, 2013

ok then maybe ND can fix the ai to react to your allies in a patch that will only affect your ps3 then when you cant even move past the 1st level we ill see if you wont be back here complaining like a baby who is hungry for milk again and what are you doing here EyeCue

Sleep Matt signature
Message 49 of 73 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 21, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

ok then maybe ND can fix the ai to react to your allies in a patch that will only affect your ps3 then when you cant even move past the 1st level we ill see if you wont be back here complaining like a baby who is hungry for milk again and what are you doing here EyeCue

Maybe the friendly AI should be smart enough to not hide in front of the enemy. 

If ND did that in the first place, most of the issues with the AI wouldn't be worth talking about. Immersion wouldn't be broken by Ellie and the occasional partners.

Until Enemy AI bum rushes you while your holding a shot gun right at them.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 50 of 73 (106 Views)
0 Likes