Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Re: The one big flaw in this game that killed the illusion for me.

Jun 21, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

ok then maybe ND can fix the ai to react to your allies in a patch that will only affect your ps3 then when you cant even move past the 1st level we ill see if you wont be back here complaining like a baby who is hungry for milk again and what are you doing here EyeCue

Maybe the friendly AI should be smart enough to not hide in front of the enemy. 

If ND did that in the first place, most of the issues with the AI wouldn't be worth talking about. Immersion wouldn't be broken by Ellie and the occasional partners.

Until Enemy AI bum rushes you while your holding a shot gun right at them.

Easier said than done.....you try creating all new technology that is like that. It is extremely difficult to make a computer like that

Sleep Matt signature
Message 51 of 73 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jun 21, 2013

its easy to sit there and talk the talk and bash all you want yet if you were making the ai it would be way worse than it is now

Sleep Matt signature
Message 52 of 73 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jun 21, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

ok then maybe ND can fix the ai to react to your allies in a patch that will only affect your ps3 then when you cant even move past the 1st level we ill see if you wont be back here complaining like a baby who is hungry for milk again and what are you doing here EyeCue

If ND did that in the first place, most of the issues with the AI wouldn't be worth talking about. Immersion wouldn't be broken by Ellie and the occasional partners.

I agree with you, like I said before people started ranting at me saying I have no right to say anything cuz I can't program, an idea to be studied would be making ellie always try to hide under your arms, like she already does.

Message 53 of 73 (127 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 21, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Easier said than done.....you try creating all new technology that is like that. It is extremely difficult to make a computer like that

That arguement is so weak. The whole "you try to make it" arguement just makes you look foolish because chances are you don't have the technical know how to adequetly explain why exactly ND couldn't create AI that stayed out of the enemy's sight.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 54 of 73 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jun 21, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

That arguement is so weak. The whole "you try to make it" arguement just makes you look foolish because chances are you don't have the technical know how to adequetly explain why exactly ND couldn't create AI that stayed out of the enemy's sight.

youre right i dont.... but guess what? neither do you which is why you think it can be the way you are saying

Sleep Matt signature
Message 55 of 73 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

luizhd wrote:

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

Answering anyone who said "i don't understand why peple are complaining about this" well DUUUUUUH!!!!! Seriously how can anyone ask this? iIsn't it obvious that, in a realistic game like this, a companion running in front of an enemy, even bumping oh him, kills it? HELL YEAH I wanted them to notice my companions! Otherwise there's no need at all for any companion in a feeaking sneaky game...

Frankly people...

Then go program it, and we'll all play your awesome version of this game, where glitches and bugs abound becuase people complained about the AI not being noitced. If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to traverse any levels because you would constantly get spotted.

Sadly I can't, I model characters, not program but there are a few solutions that could easily be added to fix this, like ellie always running to stay under your arms while behind of a small cover.

Stop using the "make a better one" kind of answer

So, the character modelist suddenly knows how to program "an easy fix" for the A.I eh? I hope you know that if they were to add that "easy fix" to Ellie's A.I script, and paths, it would require the majority of the A.I script (All enemies, and Friendlies) in the game being re written, causing a multitude of problems, resulting in the game being delayed three or four months.

I know this because I'm quite fluent in C, and C++ languages. Just go back to modelling before you emabarass yourself any more than you already have.

Did you notice the part where I said I model character I can't program? I think you are making yourself of fool, try reading carefully next time

Yup, I'm a fool. Proof read, good fellow, proof read.

Kids these days. Everyone thinks they know how to fix something when they have no experience and have no clue what they're talking about.

Naughty Dog groupies these days. Everyone of them thinks they know exactly why ND can't make the AI function better, when they have no clue what they're talking about.

It works both ways pal. 

Hey, first off, F the guy who said, "it works both ways pal." He obviously doesn't know who I am.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 56 of 73 (106 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

Jun 21, 2013

luizhd wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

I agree with you, like I said before people started ranting at me saying I have no right to say anything cuz I can't program, an idea to be studied would be making ellie always try to hide under your arms, like she already does.

And what my brother and I were telling you is that if you were to do that, they would have to re-script a lot fo the enemy and ally AI, becuase it's not just Ellie, it's Tess, Bill, Tommy, and then the enemy AI would have to be made to react to the AI as well. It's a far too long and tedious process that will be chalk full of glitches that will rile people up more than what they are. That's what we were trying to explain.

Message 57 of 73 (91 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5939 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Hi all,

Just a reminder to please keep all comments on topic and free of personal attacks. Thanks!
Message 58 of 73 (60 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Stage_Coach wrote:
Hi all,

Just a reminder to please keep all comments on topic and free of personal attacks. Thanks!

Thanks for unlocking the thread!

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 59 of 73 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jun 21, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

luizhd wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

And what my brother and I were telling you is that if you were to do that, they would have to re-script a lot fo the enemy and ally AI, becuase it's not just Ellie, it's Tess, Bill, Tommy, and then the enemy AI would have to be made to react to the AI as well. It's a far too long and tedious process that will be chalk full of glitches that will rile people up more than what they are. That's what we were trying to explain.

I do understand that. I'm not saying that I'm trying to force what i think it's right for this game, I'm just putting an idea on the table, maybe venting. It' just an idea, like I said and tried to explain for a while I'm not a programmer and I don't know how to program, neither know how to make a better AI which is why i only gave my opinion and idea of what I think could work somehow tho in game companies they do rescript everything a few times if needed, specially on indie studios (which is why indie games take really long sometimes to be released). But in the end this escalated quickly.

Message 60 of 73 (100 Views)